Club 1867 Launch

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Not if he signed a contract to cover ALL costs when he took over...that would sort the wheat from the chaff.

If you want to spend over the FFP limit, the Owner is responsible for all monies overspent if he leaves the club

How do they enforce the contract? What if they haven’t got the money when they leave the club? Or if they have got the money but its overseas?  Chasing money through foreign courts...good luck with that one in China or for that matter Thailand...

8 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

How do they enforce the contract? What if they haven’t got the money when they leave the club? Or if they have got the money but its overseas?  Chasing money through foreign courts...good luck with that one in China or for that matter Thailand...

They don't let him sell the club.....all losses...he is responsible for...he cuts and goes

Edited by asteener1867

9 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I get confused on the subject of FFP. I thought it was brought about to stop clubs ending up in the financial mire, those clubs who spent money they hadn’t got.

I didn’t understand it was also brought about to stop wealthy people from blowing as much of their own money as they wanted, that they could afford to waste, to get their club promoted. Anywhere else that would be called a restriction of trade.

I conclude FFP / P&S, whatever you wish to call it, is as bent as a duck. 

It' a stupid system which I believe will do more harm than good going forward. 

For all intents and purposes, our ability to realistically compete near the top of this division will be severely hampered, due to the fact we missed out on promotion two seasons running. 

To comply with Profit and Sustainability, we have to raise somewhere in the region of 15 million. 

Now whilst I think Club 1867 is complete nonsense (and the idea it will sort us out with respect to P and S is laughable), the more I think about it, the more I think us just flogging a load of players to raise 15 million is similarly fanciful. 

Clubs will know we are in a difficult position with respect to P and S (and they would, irrespective of how open and honest our owner has been), so why on earth are they going to make us good offers? Our negotiation position is basically gone. 

Complete Catch 22 situation. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It' a stupid system which I believe will do more harm than good going forward. 

For all intents and purposes, our ability to realistically compete near the top of this division will be severely hampered, due to the fact we missed out on promotion two seasons running. 

To comply with Profit and Sustainability, we have to raise somewhere in the region of 15 million. 

Now whilst I think Club 1867 is complete nonsense (and the idea it will sort us out with respect to P and S is laughable), the more I think about it, the more I think us just flogging a load of players to raise 15 million is similarly fanciful. 

Clubs will know we are in a difficult position with respect to P and S (and they would, irrespective of how open and honest our owner has been), so why on earth are they going to make us good offers? Our negotiation position is basically gone. 

Complete Catch 22 situation. 

It is...Our bargaining position is now an open book

WE simply have to sell

The best we can hope for is 2 or more clubs get into a bidding war for one of our better players..otherwise?

God knows....

1867 isn't a goer...so its ticket prices isn't it?

Whats a hike in season ticket prices going to do...apart from p*ss more fans off?

I'm on the cusp of what I can afford already....dunno how many more are...or even how many more will want to, if they can afford it?

9 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I get confused on the subject of FFP. I thought it was brought about to stop clubs ending up in the financial mire, those clubs who spent money they hadn’t got.

I didn’t understand it was also brought about to stop wealthy people from blowing as much of their own money as they wanted, that they could afford to waste, to get their club promoted. Anywhere else that would be called a restriction of trade.

I conclude FFP / P&S, whatever you wish to call it, is as bent as a duck. 

FFP obviously has its downsides. 

But personally don’t think anyone can argue the biggest factor of it is that no team has been in administration due to the rules. 

Imagine (without FFP) Chansiri kept spending and spending and then decides he’s no longer putting in that money, go from being debt free to heavily in debt very fast when you have a hefty wage bill.

The truth is that FFP rewards well run clubs. We are not one of them.

When you look at our playing squad, There's no real excuse for us being under embargo. A complete lack of player trading is our problem.

To be falling foul of FFP when the most expensive player in your squad was £5m is frankly terrible management.

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

We own the players - and the market is daft.

Bannan, Reach and FF are widely ackowledged as being amongst the best players in the division.

There will be plenty interest at very good prices if we wanted to sell.