Club 1867 Launch

40 minutes ago, BIGRUSS said:

For sale, ticket in south stand for premier league match versus Manchester United - fixture date TBC.  PM with cash offers by no later than Monday 11 February 2019.

What happens if Man U are in Prem Lge 2 are whatever its called by the time we go up?

And what happens if we NEVER go up.   Seems unthinkable but PNE Rotherham and Bris C are 3 clubs off the top of my head who have never played in the Prem. 

36 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Maximum discount is only 15% for a 5 year commitment. No way prices won’t be at least 15% higher in 5 years time regardless of what division we are in

Seems the discount part is the least attractive element (not that the rest has a lot going for it!) 

Season tickets may well go up by 15% in five years but you’d have been getting the 15% discount every one of those five years, and indeed until we got promoted, as far as I can tell.

In fact the longer we don’t get promoted the better this deal becomes.

Edited by Sonny

Just my opinion but I don’t think that’s a bad offer for those who can afford it.

Basically it’s only a bad offer if you honestly believe we will never get promoted in your life time.

If for example we were to go up in 20 years time, that would mean while all the other fans were possibly paying £1000 for the tickets, you’d get yours for a £555 outlay 20 years earlier if for example you sit on the North Stand.

I understand it’s not for everyone and I personally couldn’t afford it after buying my season ticket but if I could I definitely would get one.

Its just making me want to shout 

"STOP IT!!!"...like you would at a f.ookin' cat that was scratchin' the furniture....It knows the tone of yer voice but doesn't understand what you are saying.

We neede to start again...The fans can't finance it cos..WE HAVEN@t GOT THe F.OOKIN@ MONEY!!!!!

Its like a Billionaire stood in fargate and askin' a tramp..."Wheres yer yacht?"...and not being able to understand the answer

I can honestly see a time.....

DC stands in an empty Hillsborough as the Owls win the Championshi title...proud as f.ook he financed it all the way...The fans had gone....no longer able to attend.....

He raises his arms aloft to the f.ookin' sounds that echo in his head.....

.Meanwhile in Phuket (Funnily enough)..A small bloke in a rowing boat  wiv a lantern on the front...pushes out from the beach at 3am....

"Bloody Delphjon...gotta start all over again now...lifes TUF!"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just my opinion but I don’t think that’s a bad offer for those who can afford it.

Basically it’s only a bad offer if you honestly believe we will never get promoted in your life time.

If for example we were to go up in 20 years time, that would mean while all the other fans were possibly paying £1000 for the tickets, you’d get yours for a £555 outlay 20 years earlier if for example you sit on the North Stand.

I understand it’s not for everyone and I personally couldn’t afford it after buying my season ticket but if I could I definitely would get one.

I think the key flaws in the scheme are firstly that only a small number of fans will have this kind of disposable income and secondly that it will equate to a drop in the FFP ocean. 

We should be focusing on player sales, not tinkering at the margins. 

17 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Exactly this. Parachute payments haven’t helped Bolton, Blackburn, Reading, Portsmouth, Blackpool and many more, they’ve added to there issues because they tried to keep spending and then there debts really spiralled out of control. We are lucky we are capped at this 40m ish mark because if it was higher our problems could be worse. 

Look at teams in the premier league...

Watford, Wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield all weren’t receiving parachute payments when they gained promotion. Says it all really. 

This. 

Unless I am wrong you purchase a 1 year 1867 on the kop for £455 you then get 5% off all future season tickets so at this years price third phase that a saving of £50 near enough so in 9 years it pay for its self and if we ever get promoted you get your season ticket the first season as well. 

Looks a decent idea but if 20,000 fans took this up for next season each season there after our turnover would reduce. 

Also would the EFL allow the club to release this as actual income as its based on a criteria that may or may not be met so possible some or all of the income has to be held by the club as deferred income. The long and short of it, the additional income may not be allowed for Profit and Sustainability laws.

I do hope the club have checked this out first or we could end up with egg on our faces.

This is the kind of scheme that should be pitched to wealthy or corporate supporters. Sadly DC has alienated all of those already, as illustrated by our low box occupancy and the mothballing of several suites. 

The bloke doesn’t have a clue about the fan base or how to get us out of FFP. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Unless I am wrong you purchase a 1 year 1867 on the kop for £455 you then get 5% off all future season tickets so at this years price third phase that a saving of £50 near enough so in 9 years it pay for its self and if we ever get promoted you get your season ticket the first season as well. 

Looks a decent idea but if 20,000 fans took this up for next season each season there after our turnover would reduce. 

Also would the EFL allow the club to release this as actual income as its based on a criteria that may or may not be met so possible some or all of the income has to be held by the club as deferred income. The long and short of it, the additional income may not be allowed for Profit and Sustainability laws.

I do hope the club have checked this out first or we could end up with egg on our faces.

I don’t think the club need worry, I’d be surprised if more than 50 people take them up on this. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

This is the kind of scheme that should be pitched to wealthy or corporate supporters. Sadly DC has alienated all of those already, as illustrated by our low box occupancy and the mothballing of several suites. 

The bloke doesn’t have a clue about the fan base or how to get us out of FFP. 

Couldn't agree more

I'm very confused. 

So when chansiri bought the club he plowed loads of money in on players which gave the impression we were aiming for the premier league. But last week he corrected us and said he plowed all that money in to keep us in the championship.

Now we have a new launch of club 1867 which is asking fans to spend a lot of money at a time where the club can no longer spend loads of money on players with the quite obvious aim that we are targeting promotion?

Seriously. What the actual **** is going on?

Edited by poite
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This thread is genuinely giving me brain ache!

I mean...  I'm absolutely lost for words with this.  The first scheme had a take up in the single figures.  So they dream up another one that costs a fortune for little to no payback in the short term.  How many of our fans have a spare couple of grand floating around, burning a hole in their pocket?  We need like 10k fans to take up an average of 3 years on this to plug the CURRENT financial hole (estimated on various points of reference).  Then the season ticket prices will be announced next month or so, and we will be expected to shell out another load of cash.

If this is the grand plan that Mr Chansiri has to save us from P&S he might as well just come out and admit he hasn't got a clue.  This simply isn't a solution to our problem.  You can't keep asking fans to buy imaginary things, playing on their hopes and dreams of one day playing in the Premier League when we all know we've missed our best chance for at least another 3 years.  

The longer this charade carries on the more worried we should all be.  Schemes like this do nobody any favours.  I really am reaching the point at which I'm despairing about the future of the club.  I have absolutely no doubts about Mr Chansiri's intentions, I'm certain they are all good.  But his ability to fix this problem on his own is what I doubt.  He needs to take a step back and let someone with the right experience run the show.  Sit back and be the money man, but stop trying to be the puppet master.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I mean...  I'm absolutely lost for words with this.  The first scheme had a take up in the single figures.  So they dream up another one that costs a fortune for little to no payback in the short term.  How many of our fans have a spare couple of grand floating around, burning a hole in their pocket?  We need like 10k fans to take up an average of 3 years on this to plug the CURRENT financial hole (estimated on various points of reference).  Then the season ticket prices will be announced next month or so, and we will be expected to shell out another load of cash.

If this is the grand plan that Mr Chansiri has to save us from P&S he might as well just come out and admit he hasn't got a clue.  This simply isn't a solution to our problem.  You can't keep asking fans to buy imaginary things, playing on their hopes and dreams of one day playing in the Premier League when we all know we've missed our best chance for at least another 3 years.  

The longer this charade carries on the more worried we should all be.  Schemes like this do nobody any favours.  I really am reaching the point at which I'm despairing about the future of the club.  I have absolutely no doubts about Mr Chansiri's intentions, I'm certain they are all good.  But his ability to fix this problem on his own is what I doubt.  He needs to take a step back and let someone with the right experience run the show.  Sit back and be the money man, but stop trying to be the puppet master.

Couldn’t put it better myself. 

So this is my maths behind it.

Pay £2,775 for Grandstand 1867.

Assume 15% discount of a £600 season ticket.  I save £90 for 5 years or until we are promoted.  I then get a PL season ticket free for however long we are in the PL.  Assuming price per match goes up but four less matches so season ticket remains about the same.

Therefore, the maximum I get out of this is £90 saving x 5 years = £450.

Plus then 5 years free tickets at say £600 = £3,000.

So £3,450 saving against my £2,775 outlay (£675 profit).  Plus I'm basically guaranteeing myself every away ticket I want for the next 5 years.  And I get a book.

I think it is a good idea that could have got a lot of interest but as ever they've got the pricing point wrong.  £2,775 outlay for a potential profit of £675 best case.  Worst case £2,775 outlay for a saving of £450 equals a loss of £2,325 worse case.  I understand the guaranteed away ticket and a book but that doesn't equate to £2,325.

At the same time, I understand that selling a lot of these would increase our chances of getting to the PL.  if we get to the PL this money won't matter.

They needed to split the risk and reward down the middle.  I don't like a potential profit of £675 against a potential loss of £2,325.  Split it down the middle, £1,500 loss against £1,500 profit and I might have joined in.  That would have meant £1,950 not £2,775.  I suspect that would still have been too rich for some. You should be getting all of your money back if we get to the PL i.e. £1,950 for 15% on season ticket.  But if we get promoted I get my money back and a free season ticket whilst we are in the PL.  Price it at that point and I reckon they get thousands join.

Yet again, they've failed to understand their market.

A better deal would be the plaque, the book thing and a free season ticket when we get promoted as well as POTD for the rest of the season at £30 (or 10% discount on next seasons ST for current holders) all for £500

I would be all over that, simply because we do need to raise funds we are going to suffer due to FFP and when we do get to the Premier league, the club won't need ticket money anyway. That's something i can get behind as i would just see it as an investment for when we do get promoted. 

However i still can't see any such scheme raising more than £2-3 million initially, with maybe another £500k in POTG revenue for the rest of this season.