What today shows is .....

25 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Isn't this last season's excuse?

Getting a bit boring this!! 

Not easy for a championship side to replace £10m+ worth of spenditure talent whilst they are injured. What’s Chansiri meant to do? Spend another £10m and stack up players in the injury room? We’ve been very unlucky as a club and it’s not given enough press in my opinion 

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair I think he makes quality runs, and his pace is in quickness of thought.

Can't finish though.

I agree, he does make good runs at times and always gets himself into good positions. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought Matias looked an outlet. Tries to make runs behind. 

I think he's one of the most rapid player we have.

I thought Matias was dogger the worst player on view today for me 

We didn’t play with any pace or momentum, everything was too slow and players kept taking the easy option.

That team , especially the front 3, just doesn’t have enough goals or even goal threat in it. Some people on here don’t like FF and Joao starting because they are unpredictable but we are insipid without them.

I am not sure we can continue to get away with Bannan and Reach in the same midfield, it just doesn’t work.

People have a go at Joey, me included, but I thought he did well when he came on whereas Bannan and Reach don’t seem to play to a position and leave the midfield completely lacking in structure.

5 minutes ago, squonk said:

I thought Matias was dogger the worst player on view today for me 

Didn't say I thought he was great. Said he looked like the player most likely to get in behind with his pace.

He would agree he  was as meh as anyone else.

That said, on another day he'd have had a double.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cup game against a team full of confidence and beans. 

Just 16,974 in the ground and a quiet atmosphere. 

I don't think it's much of a shock that it ended in a draw. 

A different challenge to the league. 

Always going to be bad games in the mix considering the struggles we've had all season. Don't think we were ever going to just flick a switch and become a flying team over night.

Another game for the manager to look at spot weakness, things to work on. Areas for adjustment. 

Indeed m'lud, and don't forget these are the same players who people were waxing lyrical about earlier in the week. Fickle nature of fans.

1 hour ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Indeed m'lud, and don't forget these are the same players who people were waxing lyrical about earlier in the week. Fickle nature of fans.

Who have been dogger for most of the season if we are being honest. No idea what happened but the negativity was back with a vengeance. Bannan passing it 40 yards backwards and playing like a 3rd CB after Hutch went off. Reach looked like he'd had too many shandys and was seeing at least 2 balls with how his first touch was. Hector must have been on the lash with him as well. Matias always makes good runs but we have next to zero creativity which means he 1. never gets the ball or 2. stops making the runs entirely. 

Only the cup though so still a week to sort it before the next league match. Hopefully we can get find of this attacking zest which we have been severely lacking since before the play-off final a few years ago. 

I think we miss FF whenever he’s not in the team. We need that creativity in the final third.

Sadly, as much as I rate him, he doesn’t deliver consistently for whatever reason, he in injuries, suspensions or commitment.

We need an alternative and another similar player on the bench for when we’re struggling to make it through a defence.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m sure strikers will be high on Bruce’s shopping list

I hundred percent agree we need somebody what can slot in goals but it seems To me  whoever we get they seem to go on Goal drought but at they’re Previous club they will slotting in goals  left right and centre Is it something to do with our attacking coach?

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Drab game. No one looked 'on it'.

But in regards to the O.P's post ...I do believe he was taking positions on the shoulder looking for the ball behind...not that it came often enough.

His all round play was about par with everyone else. IMO.

He was the only one trying, or capable of trying

One instance in 2nd half he got between their two centre half’s and was begging to be fed through 

bannan and whoever else in CM really need to take a look at themselves.

Bannan does nothing but aim a 50 yard ball onto fletchers head with no one around him 

14 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I hundred percent agree we need somebody what can slot in goals but it seems To me  whoever we get they seem to go on Goal drought but at they’re Previous club they will slotting in goals  left right and centre Is it something to do with our attacking coach?

I hope we take into account, the way we intend to play, and who any new signing will have to play with. It’s no good just saying, this or that player has a good goals record, he has to be compatible with what we’re trying to do

We really need pace in our team, we have been crying out for more pace in the team for as long as I can remember. Bit of pace up top would be a god send. Hope Bruce is able to address this oh and bring in a CM and possibly a defender or 2.  If only. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We really need pace in our team, we have been crying out for more pace in the team for as long as I can remember. Bit of pace up top would be a god send. Hope Bruce is able to address this oh and bring in a CM and possibly a defender or 2.  If only. 

Basically, if Chansiri wants promotion this season then he's going to have to gamble and bring in 3-4 PL standard players.

We're talking Snodgrass standard, players who win us games when we've played bob.

That's what Villa did here and especially at the Lane.

You're looking at probably £4-5 million in wages between now and the end of the season.

Promotion is still doable, but we'd need several players the rest of the league can't cope with.