What today shows is .....

Yes it wasn’t that bad, most teams would struggle if they were missing players like Forestieri, Lee, Hooper, Joao and then Hutchinson too. 

It shows we need an alternative for Hutch, a full back who can cross better, a creative wide player and pace upfront.. 

Today shows.................that we have more players of a lower end champ/league 1 standard than an upper end champ / prem standard.

How many of today’s starting 11 do you think are of a good enough standard to get us promoted - Bannan, Reach, Lees?

• Haha 1

Cup game against a team full of confidence and beans. 

Just 16,974 in the ground and a quiet atmosphere. 

I don't think it's much of a shock that it ended in a draw. 

A different challenge to the league. 

Always going to be bad games in the mix considering the struggles we've had all season. Don't think we were ever going to just flick a switch and become a flying team over night.

Another game for the manager to look at spot weakness, things to work on. Areas for adjustment. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Today shows.................that we have more players of a lower end champ/league 1 standard than an upper end champ / prem standard.

How many of today’s starting 11 do you think are of a good enough standard to get us promoted - Bannan, Reach, Lees?

None of them on recent evidence 

Lees has been much improved last couple months, but although unpopular bannan has been poor, and reach has been flat 

What today shows is that if you revert back to the Jos tactics of passing it out from the keeper, midfield sitting too deep, moving the ball back to our own half from throw ins & free kicks in their half & playing on the back foot then we end up with the same turgid display that we got today.

25 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought Matias looked an outlet. Tries to make runs behind. 

I think he's one of the most rapid player we have.

Thays the problem because Matias is not even fast. In fact I’d say he was quite slow, just looks like he’s running fast because of the way he runs. A bit like Reach.

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Thays the problem because Matias is not even fast. In fact I’d say he was quite slow, just looks like he’s running fast because of the way he runs. A bit like Reach.

To be fair I think he makes quality runs, and his pace is in quickness of thought.

Can't finish though.

1 minute ago, ozzieowl said:

I thought Matias was awful today. 

Drab game. No one looked 'on it'.

But in regards to the O.P's post ...I do believe he was taking positions on the shoulder looking for the ball behind...not that it came often enough.

His all round play was about par with everyone else. IMO.