Bruce’s first signing...

9 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It implies a player of value although there is also the wage saving to consider I suppose.

I think some of our supporters might be surprised what some clubs might be willing to pay for some of our squad if they are either battling to stay in or reach the Premier.

Bannan and Reach are the obvious ones but Joao and Penney and perhaps Thorniley could receive decent offers based on most recent form and future potential and players like Lees, Nuhiu and Fletcher are all very proven at this level at what they do and that no longer comes cheap.

FF is still worth a bob or two if someone wants to gamble on his fitness (Bielsa/Leeds) and a proven game changer who has the quality.  I hope we listen to offers for anybody and it's good that we signed a good few up on new deals contrary to popular opinion.

Just makes you realise how much we have been underachieving. When you think that the likes of Westwood, Penney, Lees, Hector, Thorniley, Onomah, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Fletcher and Joao, would all likely attract bids from higher placed clubs. That’s virtually a whole side

Ideally, someone like Diame or Hourihane but that's highly unlikely. Most importantly Bruce needs to be allowed to do things his way. It's possible he might rather assess the squad and returning players, with just a couple of loanees and frees needed to stabilise till the end of the season. The rebuild work will probably begin in the summer.

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Just makes you realise how much we have been underachieving. When you think that the likes of Westwood, Penney, Lees, Hector, Thorniley, Onomah, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Fletcher and Joao, would all likely attract bids from higher placed clubs. That’s virtually a whole side

We picked a decent team/formation between us and a few others a bit back from what we have already.

I would quite happily sacrifice one of the big names, particularly from the original bunch, to bring in a true leader somewhere in the team.  I don't think you'll agree but I'd sell Bannan for Whelan and keep Reach.