Bruce’s first signing...

I’m I wrong in thinking that before any point deduction you need a embargo then a fine 

since we’ve already had an embargo chansiri might be just thinking sod it 

throw more money at it rebuild the team 

take the fine and another embargo next year and hope for promotion before the points deduction 

he might think with saleable assists and a load of players leaving in the summer he might be able to still gamble and put the foundations in again 

he might even think that a couple of top end loan signings with a view to buy and a sale or two if he can get it will see him through to a free transfer summer

he might even think let’s get Bruce in and see what he can do with this squad with only money he as is self genenerated 

butjudging on some of his revisions in his time here that Santa clause and the tooth fairy will sort FFP out and carry on stock piling old crocks 

46 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m I wrong in thinking that before any point deduction you need a embargo then a fine 

take the fine and another embargo next year and hope for promotion before the points deduction 

he might think with saleable assists and a load of players leaving in the summer he might be able to still gamble and put the foundations in again 

he might even think that a couple of top end loan signings with a view to buy and a sale or two if he can get it will see him through to a free transfer summer

he might even think let’s get Bruce in and see what he can do with this squad with only money he as is self genenerated 

butjudging on some of his revisions in his time here that Santa clause and the tooth fairy will sort FFP out and carry on stock piling old crocks 

It looks like he may have already "weighed in" the expiring contracts and is also hopeful of the 39m/3 years being revised upwards.

thebizzle in the other thread who is a very reliable source/poster said he, Bruce, has been told that he has some money for new wages and also he needs to sell one player in January.

Edited by sonofbert2

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It looks like he may have already "weighed in" the expiring contracts and is also hopeful of the 39m/3 years being revised upwards.

thebizzle in the other thread who is a very reliable source/poster said he, Bruce, has been told that he has some money for new wages and also he needs to sell one player in January.

That’s a good thing but surely the selling of a player is more dependent on what price that player gets rather than just one player

Reach for example ( hypertetical ) 12 mill

jones for example ( hypertetical ) 50k 

2 hours ago, Walt said:

If it's not a full back followed by another full back he wants sacking! Don't know where the money is suddenly coming from mind as the last manager had circa £400,000 to spend in roughly 12 months. 

This ^

Though the sacking bit is a touch harsh 

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

That’s a good thing but surely the selling of a player is more dependent on what price that player gets rather than just one player

Reach for example ( hypertetical ) 12 mill

jones for example ( hypertetical ) 50k 

It implies a player of value although there is also the wage saving to consider I suppose.

I think some of our supporters might be surprised what some clubs might be willing to pay for some of our squad if they are either battling to stay in or reach the Premier.

Bannan and Reach are the obvious ones but Joao and Penney and perhaps Thorniley could receive decent offers based on most recent form and future potential and players like Lees, Nuhiu and Fletcher are all very proven at this level at what they do and that no longer comes cheap.

FF is still worth a bob or two if someone wants to gamble on his fitness (Bielsa/Leeds) and a proven game changer who has the quality.  I hope we listen to offers for anybody and it's good that we signed a good few up on new deals contrary to popular opinion.

29 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It implies a player of value although there is also the wage saving to consider I suppose.

I think some of our supporters might be surprised what some clubs might be willing to pay for some of our squad if they are either battling to stay in or reach the Premier.

Bannan and Reach are the obvious ones but Joao and Penney and perhaps Thorniley could receive decent offers based on most recent form and future potential and players like Lees, Nuhiu and Fletcher are all very proven at this level at what they do and that no longer comes cheap.

FF is still worth a bob or two if someone wants to gamble on his fitness (Bielsa/Leeds) and a proven game changer who has the quality.  I hope we listen to offers for anybody and it's good that we signed a good few up on new deals contrary to popular opinion.

I agree in today’s market an offer of 3million for someone who values his assets wouldn’t surprise me for Nuihiu 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I presume we won’t be playing with wingers as such, so what do you think we need? I’d say we could probably upgrade our full back options If it’s three in midfield, then we need bodies in there If Joao isn’t going to play there, we need a more mobile centre forward

It depends on on outgoings but as things stand definitely a pair of full backs. All the better if they’re capable of playing further forward too, be nice if they have some pace and are strong too 

8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Good shout, right sided winger/forward is needed.

It all depends on what budget and ambition we have.

In a dream world we could sign Andreas Pereira on loan from Man Utd, or more likely Ollie Burke from WBA, or even more likely a Fleetwood town winger. 

I've heard that wallace has potential.:ghoulguy:

9 hours ago, fpowl said:

I don't think there is a set order of events before any points deduction according to what I've read.

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.