Wednesday - V Preston OMDT

Im feeling confident for the first tine in ages.  2 nil a brilliant home win, clean sheet and a Merry Christmas for us all. 

Come on.Wednesday we are all behind you. (Sounded very pantoish that) :biggrin:

It could go either way today. The players had a little initial bounce under Bullen after Carlos left; equally during the rest of his caretaker spell it looked like business as usual.

Its my feeling that despite having the club at heart and being a decent bloke, Bullen is more part of the problem than the solution.

I'm hoping for a morale boosting win today and then a quick appointment to start remedying our problems on the pitch, starting with sorting the defence out...

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!!

So. It wasn't you watching the lads running about the Training Ground early his morning, then?

Hope you didn't invite any of them to your lash last night. Mind, looks like they've been carrying hangovers for last two months.

Good to have you back. Stubbs has been running around like a lost soul, in his blue and white scarf, looking for you. 

Welcome back. Can go to ground now with at least a  smidgin of a smile.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

"There you are Sir. Where have you been?"

"Esferteh"

"Pardon Sir?"

"Sehbobdidit"

"It's been three days. Let me help you into the buggy"

"Hitler.."

"Hitler?"

"Bunker....wasnt it. esferdeh..."

"Sir, just keep still while I get you back to the house"

"Makes you, you, you know, whatsit glad."

"Glad what SIr?"

"To be an Englishman Str...Stim ...Stribb...Stubbs! the damp dewy grass.."

"We're nearly there Sir. It's been 3 days. I have been searching high and low for you"

"Christmas drinky poos Stubbers...Christmas drinky poos. Work do"

"You don't work though Sir"

"No, but Maureen and Dot do hahah....snow is falling...all around me."

"Who are Maureen and Dot?"

"Couple of sorts Stubbs. Couple of sorts.

"Sorts of what Sir?"

"Sorts....hehe.....Division street. It's hazy...ding dong Santa hat...no pants..."

"Sir, we're here, let me help you in the house. Sir, sir you do have your wallet don't you?"

"Oh course I do, do you think I'm an inj..an injyy....imbee..idiot. Lucy has it."

"Sir, who's Lucy?"

"That lovely little blonde bint. The one keeps scratching her knee.Not really scratching the knee know what I mean Stubbs, just doing it to catch the eye trying to flash the growler.....but God. Stubbs...wheres my wallet? is she here. The bint...the wallet.....the furry cup"

"There's no one here but us Sir. You're at home. I shall cancel your cards. Where is your top hat Sir?"

"Gave it to him. ..to some poor bloke...sat outside Sainsbury with a dog. In this weather. Poor basstard. Little fella. Moustache. Huddled in the doorway. Oh....oh God I feel rough Stubbs"

"Two moments Sir. I'll prepare one of my elixirs."

"My head. My head feels strange. Have you ever done a yard of blue wicked and brandy Stubbs?"

"No Sir"

"Neither have I failed. FAILED STUBBS! "

"Calm down Sir"

"I failed....mind you. I know I girl who has though."

"Drink this Sir"

"Thun...tan...thank you"

Related image

"Ahh. That's better Stubbs. Top of the morning .Crikey. What a week. Cancel the banks cards. Right. What have I missed at Hillsbrough?"

"Really Sir?"

"Really what? Get on with it man"

"But Sir"

"Chop-chop, lets have it. What news. Late fitness test for Liam Palmer? Eh? Festive Turkey and cranberry Sandwiched available on the KOP? Pot of tea when you're ready Stubbs. What's came from the forum and what not?"

"Sir..."

"What man? Come on?"

"O.k. The Chairmans, put the club up for sale... a chubby lad has called him a liar..... sacking the manager isn't always the answer..... Katrien is to blame for loads of things that she's not involved with....... Almen Abdi has been thrown under a bus..... though it seems that it is a bus that he might have been driven by himself.... no one had seen Joeys hair gell..... Westwood was getting sold, but he didn't want to move....or he did and the club didnt want him too...no one really knows...one bloke says he doesn't care what happens as long as Bullen gets the sack because he's become the face he associates with the club..... the lad who got scolded last year met the players and had a lovely day at the training ground and....... oh and Jos has been sacked."

"Very funny. You are a card Stubbs. You really are. Drink or not you'll have to try harder than that to get me you tinker! heheh. Deary me. Bacon and egg sandwich when you're ready Stubbs"

"But Sir it's all tr-"

"Chop chop"

"Very good Sir"

image.png.55fb2d1f5efd60563b318ef30a559c61.png

THE MATCH

Sheffield Wednesday will have coach Lee Bullen in charge when they travel to Preston on Saturday, having sacked manager Jos Luhukay.

Luhukay was dismissed on Friday following a run of one win in 10 matches that has seen Wednesday slip to 18th in the Championship.

Wednesday will be without Barry Bannan, who serves the second game of his two-match ban, while Fernando Forestieri will again miss out with a hamstring injury. Midfielder Kieran Lee (finished!) and strikers Gary Hooper (Golfing) and Sam Winnall (rough) remain long-term absentees.

Preston have also seen their resources stretched as the busy festive period approaches. Josh Earl is doubtful after missing the 3-2 win over Milwall with a thigh injury, while Louis Moult also sat out that match with a knock.

They joined Brandon Barker, Callum Robinson and Sean Maguire (all hamstring) in the treatment room, while Billy Bodin and Josh Harrop (both knee) remain long-term absentees. The shortages have led to manager Alex Neil naming academy players Ethan Walker and Jack Baxter on the bench in recent weeks.

• Both Sheffield Wednesday and Preston have won two matches each over the last five league meetings, with the other ending in a 1-1 draw at Deepdale back on New Years' Eve in 2016.

• Preston have lost each of their last four league games away at Sheffield Wednesday, conceding at least two goals in each of those matches.

• Sheffield Wednesday have won just one of their last 10 league games (D2 L7), and are winless in the last three.

• Preston have lost just one of their last 12 league matches (W6 D5), and are looking to win three in a row for the first time since August.

• Sheffield Wednesday striker Lucas Joao has scored eight goals in 18 league appearances, just one fewer than his total in the entire 2017-18 campaign (9 in 31 apps).

• Preston's Callum Robinson has had a hand in 10 goals in his last 13 appearances in the Championship (9 goals, 1 assist).

Bit late old chap ( beginning to think Snoots was really Jos all along )

Finally. The omdt appears between the sheets like something the size of the royal barge. Pity about us playing away, I was planning some Chinese chips & curry sauce down the Lepp.

Anyway, to matters spheroid. We were unpredictable with a pants manager. Now we have no manager, a temp who oversaw a win at Forest then total humiliation against Burton & playing a form team. You'd have to be a complete loon to try & predict the team or the score.

Dawson

Palmer Lees Thornily Penney

Hector Reach Joey

Joao Matias Fletch

3-3.  UTO