CHEXIT- Divorce bill £180m

Well Man City only manage to break even, how do you value them? SWFC is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, there was a queue of one the last couple of times the club was sold, also I consider that publicly announcing that the club is up for sale is very poor practice.

I think last night he was relentlessly questioned and he felt that he had no choice in stating the club was up for sale... Will he find a buyer for the price he wants? Now that's the question... I don't think this will happen anytime soon and is be very surprised if this happens within the next couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wasn't there last night, but I attempted to follow the goings on for a while on here.

Did he really say he could make £100m profit on us?

If so that means the asking price.must be at least £180m. 

That's not going to happen is it? I think we all felt he overpaid for the club in the first place. As we're back where we started in terms of league position, but probably with a squad worth maybe £20m more than it was + investment in the training ground and minor improvements to the stadium, should the asking price be more like £50m? £(assuming we can stay up)

£39 billion isn't it?

1 hour ago, 33 said:

He would do well to get £18M

Wrong. It's debt free except for Chansiris debt, players and ground etc are assets plus the actual value of the business.

Also it's worth what someone will pay for it not it's actual value.

He said he’s spent 200 million on Wednesday to date.  

After Wembley he had offers for the club and that twinned with the offers they’d had for players could’ve netted him a 100 million profit, at that time. He said if he was in it for profit he would’ve sold the lot there and then. 

Dont know how he worked out he could sell all the players and any buyer letting him, but he said he could’ve. 

• Like 1

If he really wants to sell he will have to accept a huge loss.

And that loss will only get bigger if he leaves Jos in place, we continue to lose matches and end up in a relegation fight and quite possibly in League One.

If he really wants to sell he needs a proven manager at this level to come in NOW and stabilise things so we stay in this league this season.

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It is common practice for Company Directors to inject cash into a business as a Directors Loan which becomes repayable at some point in the future.

Nothing to do with football exclusively.

I understand that when you've got a company with several directors with no single/majority ownership that this happens, it is part and parcel of business and lets be honest when companies go bust 9/10 this money is lost!!

What I am getting at is that in football, the club owners (not directors) invest money to "make it work"... It's an investment, a gamble. The owners these days have the privilege most other business don't have, they pretty much say "I will invest my money and take the profit back" but then when it starts to look like its going boobies up they want their investment back as its only a loan. DC is a the single outright owner of our club and he is investing his own cash into his own project/business but its not really investment, its a loan!!!

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I understand that when you've got a company with several directors with no single/majority ownership that this happens, it is part and parcel of business and lets be honest when companies go bust 9/10 this money is lost!!

What I am getting at is that in football, the club owners (not directors) invest money to "make it work"... It's an investment, a gamble. The owners these days have the privilege most other business don't have, they pretty much say "I will invest my money and take the profit back" but then when it starts to look like its going boobies up they want their investment back as its only a loan. DC is a the single outright owner of our club and he is investing his own cash into his own project/business but its not really investment, its a loan!!!

I am the single outright owner of my business. If I want to invest in my business, I lend the money to the company. When the business has suitable cashflow, I take my money back tax free. It's pretty straightforward.

If I capitalised my investment into my business then I would have to pay tax when I take it back in the future.

It's not just football at all, it's pretty basic corporate financing.

Whether it’s a football club or an Hitachi TV on gumtree, it’s only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

If Chansiri expects cold, hard profit from this mess then I’d seriously question either his sanity or what he’s actually smoking outside the South Stand.

4 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Whether it’s a football club or an Hitachi TV on gumtree, it’s only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

If Chansiri expects cold, hard profit from this mess then I’d seriously question either his sanity or what he’s actually smoking outside the South Stand.

He doesn’t. He says he’d be willing to sell at a loss. 

22 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I am the single outright owner of my business. If I want to invest in my business, I lend the money to the company. When the business has suitable cashflow, I take my money back tax free. It's pretty straightforward.

If I capitalised my investment into my business then I would have to pay tax when I take it back in the future.

It's not just football at all, it's pretty basic corporate financing.

So when your company needs to buy supplies, equipment or pays the weekly wages do you put loans in every single time? I assume your business isn't built on directors loans?

It seems like everything that happens in football is built on loans, especially when things are going wrong...that is all I am saying.

OK , let's try and do some quick sums - using prudent accounting policy - as we don't wanna put Amanda etc off.

He bought the club for £40 million in a similar league position to now.

Then , the debts were minimal and the stadium had a book value of £25 million and players worth ,say £2 million, so total tangible assets were about £27 million.

Thus,  goodwill / opportunity was valued at some £13 million when Chansiri purchased club.

Players now worth approx. £30 million , so with stadium and brand etc that's total assets of £ 68 million.

Less total debt to Chansiri, now say £50 million, that gives book value of  club at approx. £18 million.

Finally, add to that soccer inflation that DC's discussed last night, and he MAY get his initial £40 million back, plus all debts repaid.

I wish it was also a zero sum game for fans.         

59 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He said he’s spent 200 million on Wednesday to date.  

After Wembley he had offers for the club and that twinned with the offers they’d had for players could’ve netted him a 100 million profit, at that time. He said if he was in it for profit he would’ve sold the lot there and then. 

Dont know how he worked out he could sell all the players and any buyer letting him, but he said he could’ve. 

This is also what I thought he said. He had an offer to sell after the play off final which would have seen him 100m richer if he accepted. He later said it was one of his mistakes not accepting it when asked about any mistakes he thought he had made. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He might want it back, but is it realistic to expect it?

If you spend £30m on a pike of junk, is it worth £30m when you realise it's a pile of junk and try and sell it?

I used to work for this bloke... He was minted but really wasn't the brightest.

He bought a house for 300 grand, spent 200 grand on making it the most ridiculous, blingy, gaudy home I've ever set foot in. He then just couldn't get his head around why it was only worth 400 when he got it valued, after spending 500 on it.

The tasteless moron.

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wasn't there last night, but I attempted to follow the goings on for a while on here.

Did he really say he could make £100m profit on us?

If so that means the asking price.must be at least £180m. 

That's not going to happen is it? I think we all felt he overpaid for the club in the first place. As we're back where we started in terms of league position, but probably with a squad worth maybe £20m more than it was + investment in the training ground and minor improvements to the stadium, should the asking price be more like £50m? (assuming we can stay up)

I think he thinks because the club cost him £40 million or there about to buy and he is owed £60m+ in loans that he is due at least this and he has taken us from a 13th place championship team on a decent footing run well to a team £60m+ in debt with a squad of aging players and youngsters not good enough fro the league, a team in free fall and sliding to relegation with a manager who does not play his best players because he thinks kids are better.

Is anyone surprised he is deluded enough to think that he will make money on his investment.

Based on where we are and what state the club is in he will be lucky to get back the money of his initial investment.

I am expected Players to be sold in January not to adhere to FFP but so he can get some of his money back. 

The next 18 months are going to be painful but if DC is in charge for another 18 months we could find ourselves in league 2.