CHEXIT- Divorce bill £180m

Wasn't there last night, but I attempted to follow the goings on for a while on here.

Did he really say he could make £100m profit on us?

If so that means the asking price.must be at least £180m. 

That's not going to happen is it? I think we all felt he overpaid for the club in the first place. As we're back where we started in terms of league position, but probably with a squad worth maybe £20m more than it was + investment in the training ground and minor improvements to the stadium, should the asking price be more like £50m? (assuming we can stay up)

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wasn't there last night, but I attempted to follow the goings on for a while on here.

That's not going to happen is it? I think we all felt he overpaid for the club in the first place. As we're back where we started in terms of league position, but probably with a squad worth maybe £20m more than it was + investment in the training ground and minor improvements to the stadium, should the asking price be more like £50m? (assuming we can stay up)

I would have thought £50m max sounds about right.

If he has Directors loans into the business to fund losses that could be another £30-40m? 

Presume he’d want that cash back.

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

If he has Directors loans into the business to fund losses that could be another £30-40m? 

He might want it back, but is it realistic to expect it?

If you spend £30m on a pike of junk, is it worth £30m when you realise it's a pile of junk and try and sell it?

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I can never work this out...football is the only business where investment is classed as a loan

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I can never work this out...football is the only business where investment is classed as a loan

It is common practice for Company Directors to inject cash into a business as a Directors Loan which becomes repayable at some point in the future.

Nothing to do with football exclusively.

16 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's not.

If its a its capitalized its not a loan the problem is when he takes profit out at anytime in the future is all taxable if it stays a loan he can get it back without tax. Problem is loans affect FFP as a club debt. 

2 minutes ago, Uknowit said:

If its a its capitalized its not a loan the problem is when he takes profit out at anytime in the future is all taxable if it stays a loan he can get it back without tax. Problem is loans affect FFP as a club debt

How's this? I would have thought it's purely worked out on expenditure. What if the loans are used for academy spending?

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

How's this? I would have thought it's purely worked out on expenditure. What if the loans are used for academy spending?

If he capitalized it he can use it where he wants, but as a loan its same as owing the bank its a club debt. 

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Trying to find the source of this £100m too. A lot of talk of that being his valuation?! I'm guessing lots of chinese whispers and not speaking in his first language here.