CHEXIT- Divorce bill £180m

Think we need to be clear. 

At no point last night did Chansiri say he expects to make any money from the sale or band about an unrealistic value, or any value at all, that he’s put on the club.

HE EXPECTS TO MAKE A LOSS WHEN HE SELLS, AND IS WILLING TO MAKE THIS LOSS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE CLUB.

That’s what he said. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Think we need to be clear. 

At no point last night did Chansiri say he expects to make any money from the sale or band about an unrealistic value, or any value at all, that he’s put on the club.

HE EXPECTS TO MAKE A LOSS WHEN HE SELLS, AND IS WILLING TO MAKE THIS LOSS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE CLUB.

That’s what he said. 

This is good news that he is being realistic about taking a bit of a hit if he wants to sell. 

Think him going is to the benefit of the club.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

This is good news that he is being realistic about taking a bit of a hit if he wants to sell. 

Think him going is to the benefit of the club.

Thats exactly what he said. 

He recognises the clubs future is better off without him. 

39 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

So when your company needs to buy supplies, equipment or pays the weekly wages do you put loans in every single time? I assume your business isn't built on directors loans?

It seems like everything that happens in football is built on loans, especially when things are going wrong...that is all I am saying.

Almost all businesses of any significant size are built on debt and by borrowing, it's just a question of where the money comes from. You can take a bank loan and pay 9% or put in a directors loan. 

If I decide to buy £100k piece of equipment that will grow my business, I have 3 options. I can borrow the money from an outside source and pay interest, I can loan the money to the company myself or I can capitalise my money that I have already paid tax on as an investment in the company and then when the company makes it back in future, I can take it back and pay tax again.

There really is nothing to see here. The club is running at a loss. That's the problem, not how the loss is being accounted for.

36 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Almost all businesses of any significant size are built on debt and by borrowing, it's just a question of where the money comes from. You can take a bank loan and pay 9% or put in a directors loan. 

If I decide to buy £100k piece of equipment that will grow my business, I have 3 options. I can borrow the money from an outside source and pay interest, I can loan the money to the company myself or I can capitalise my money that I have already paid tax on as an investment in the company and then when the company makes it back in future, I can take it back and pay tax again.

There really is nothing to see here. The club is running at a loss. That's the problem, not how the loss is being accounted for.

You obviously understand the wheels of business better than I do been a business owner.

4 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wasn't there last night, but I attempted to follow the goings on for a while on here.

Did he really say he could make £100m profit on us?

If so that means the asking price.must be at least £180m. 

That's not going to happen is it? I think we all felt he overpaid for the club in the first place. As we're back where we started in terms of league position, but probably with a squad worth maybe £20m more than it was + investment in the training ground and minor improvements to the stadium, should the asking price be more like £50m? (assuming we can stay up)

Chansiri overcharging.... Shock of the year :Chansiri: