Fans forum match day thread

1 minute ago, Jamie_W said:

It gave us that Playoff Final, which as I have said elsewhere, was an incredible advert for what this club can be in a modern environment. The fans were ridiculously impressive that day and would be a wonderful thing to show to potential buyers.

We lost that game mate. I agree that the fans were superb, but at the same time we shouldn't use a day out at Wembley 3 years ago as a way of dismissing any criticism of DC's tenure. Derby have lost multiple play off games, but have done so sustainably- the complete opposite of us. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

It gave us that Playoff Final, which as I have said elsewhere, was an incredible advert for what this club can be in a modern environment. The fans were ridiculously impressive that day and would be a wonderful thing to show to potential buyers.

We could also show 'em the Cardiff play off match video to enhance the massive support thingy. The only promble being that 50% of both those attendances are only interested when we get to finals. 

31 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I cant believe there are posters (and posters who usually talk sense) who are casually accepting this dilemma with a shrug and thinking its OK to get relegated as we can "start again".

Easier to rebuild in league 1 to be fair.

We'd be biggest club in that league by a mile and a big draw.

32 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I cant believe there are posters (and posters who usually talk sense) who are casually accepting this dilemma with a shrug and thinking its OK to get relegated as we can "start again".

Think because we have been in league 1 before and the club still survived.

In fact 2 of the best moments this century were in League 1 pipping Sheffield United to promotion and Play off final 2005.

Also when used to go to away games got to places not been to before.

Although if not winning in league 1 can be a bit of a slog watching us struggle v Colchester at home.

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

It's absolutely shocking. But easier for them than accepting the owner is destroying the club. 

• Haha 1

The comparison between what seems to be happening at Sheffield Wednesday and what happened and is happening at my club, Charlton Athletic are pretty unavoidable.

The fans want a club, reasonably managed in a football sense, where there might be at least some link between football success and attendances/interest/history/standing/potential.

At Charlton football success was and is the least of the priorities. Anything that we are able to achieve or muster up in terms of the football is an accidental happenstance, certainly not due to the Owner (snap, our guy says the club is for sale too) or the last CEO we had (we don't have one since KM left). Indeed there has actually been an upturn in accidental success since we have been without KM as a CEO, or any CEO at all. To spice up the accidental success, there will be deliberate damage in the upcoming transfer window, I don't know if that is something Wednesdayites fear (yeah I know you might be thinking Morgan Fox and all).

The concept of being a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but indifferent to results when compared with the expensive 'fan experience' is what seems to be the thing being pushed at you, it was certainly the thing pushed at us.

When KM was first appointed, a poster here whose name I misremember..Tyro Alba or something... called things exactly right in my view, I don't know if he or she still posts, but I am interested in what that poster has to say a year on.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think because we have been in league 1 before and the club still survived.

In fact 2 of the best moments this century were in League 1 pipping Sheffield United to promotion and Play off final 2005.

Also when used to go to away games got to places not been to before.

Although if not winning in league 1 can be a bit of a slog watching us struggle v Colchester at home.

It's a no from me, seen enough new places that I wouldn't want to visit again. There is generally a reason you have not already been there. Examples might include - Birkenhead, Newport, Accrington, Hartlepool, Bury all places you need a bloody good reason to visit, league 1 football is probably barely a reason to go. Birkenhead (Tranmere) being the worst always used to be on a Friday night and can't remember ever winning.

5 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

I see the pig fans are having a field day over our misfortunes but I don’t see any owls handing it back, why’s that?

Its cos  Owls fans don't give a flying f ook whats posted on their bloody message boards...except you mate

Log on over there an' knock yerself out...If you think you are in a position to do so...If I was you i'd keep me head down...you will be on a loser on and off the pitch at the minute...

I will probably get a few negs, but i like Chansiri. He came across well and made me want to help him, (if i had 100million i would help out). I really do think if he could just blow tons of money on getting us to the premiership he would.