Fans forum match day thread

53 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we havnt had 3 wasted seasons , just because we have failed to win promotion didn't make them a waste of time and effort . …...in truth I've quite enjoyed the rollercoaster ride of his ownership and expect a few more ups and downs before it ends . 

I doubt they'll be many 'UPS'

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

You can guarantee that the komandant will not be leaving us 70m poorer.

He's made sure that he's recouped that in other ways.

That's why he was here. 

He used us as a means to end in his relentless obsession for money and power. 

I'll keep asking. I've got all day.

How has he made more than he has spent?

How has he recouped everything? 

How has his 'relentless obsession' for money been fulfilled in throwing most of it down the drain?

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

we havnt had 3 wasted seasons , just because we have failed to win promotion didn't make them a waste of time and effort . …...in truth I've quite enjoyed the rollercoaster ride of his ownership and expect a few more ups and downs before it ends . 

They havent been wasted at all. In turns of trashing our prospects for the next 5 years they have been a resounding success. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Those play off seasons were done off the back of unsustainable spending though.

Like me taking out a loan to go on holiday to Las Vegas without any real hope of being able to afford it unless I won at the roulette table. 

52 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

And subsequently crippling us financially for the next half a decade. Yes, I am. No prizes for finishing second (or in this case, fourth and sixth and failing to win a further three matches). Plenty of teams get to the play-offs and manage to keep sustained campaigns near the top of the table... that's a success story. Getting a team to the play-offs twice at the risk of their medium-term financial security is what we'd call "bad leadership".

If, and I know its an if, we had won that damn playoff final (and lets be honest we couldn't have really got any closer), we wouldn't have been crippled financially.

I would bet that if we were back where we were at that point and knowing the possible ramifications of not getting the promotion, the vast majority of our fans would still want to go for it and if we hadn't would have been cleaning "lack of ambition".

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

I see the pig fans are having a field day over our misfortunes but I don’t see any owls handing it back, why’s that?

Go for it dude. Personally I have no interest in anything those scrubbers say or do. Although MrMason above is beginning to sound a bit Brian the blavge ish. Wonder if he has a wheezy voice too lol 

• Thanks 2

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Those play off seasons were done off the back of unsustainable spending though.

Like me taking out a loan to go on holiday to Las Vegas without any real hope of being able to afford it unless I won at the roulette table. 

he gambled theres no doubt about that ,it nearly came off but now it's pay back time …...lets be right we had nowt for the 15 years before he came so we are only back where we started and had the excitement of having 2 very good seasons for the first time since god knows when . …….we go down to league one and start again we've done it before it's not the end of the club .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you. 

Hopefully we can sell the club to decent owners whom allow the manager to manage 

Managers such a Steve Bruce would never work with owners such as the komandant who interfere and are on the dubious fringes of legality. He walked straight out at Hull when the new owners started to interfere. 

Let's hope we can start again after three totally wasted seasons. 

You can guarantee that the komandant will not be leaving us 70m poorer. He's made sure that he's recouped that in other ways. That's why he was here. 

I don't believe you actually believe that (you don't, do you?)

Just now, torryowl said:

he gambled theres no doubt about that ,it nearly came off but now it's pay back time …...lets be right we had nowt for the 15 years before he came so we are only back where we started and had the excitement of having 2 very good seasons for the first time since god knows when . …….we go down to league one and start again we've done it before it's not the end of the club .

Well said that man.

You can guarantee that the komandant will not be leaving us 70m poorer.

He's made sure that he's recouped that in other ways.

That's why he was here. 

How long do you need to put your dossier of facts , figures and secret recordings together?

• How has he made more than he has spent?
  • How has he recouped everything? 
  • How has his 'relentless obsession' for money been fulfilled in throwing most of it down the drain?

I will send you my thanks when you harden with facts the thus far unsubstantiated things you have consistantly posted .

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

How long do you need to put your dossier of facts , figures and secret recordings together?

• How has he made more than he has spent?
  • How has he recouped everything? 
  • How has his 'relentless obsession' for money been fulfilled in throwing most of it down the drain?

I will send you my thanks when you harden with facts the thus far unsubstantiated things you have consistantly posted .

Image result for banging head against wall gifs

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

The club is up for sale 

I told you this would happen. Everything I said would happen has happened. 

Last nights forum was a set up. The komandant controlled the whole thing and used it as an excuse to leave. 

I am very good at predicting human behaviour and this time I am over the moon he's leaving 

Good riddance 

well if that isn't a boast post

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, steveger said:

I liked league 1 to be honest, it's about our current level as a club, even pre Mr C..... we aint nowhere near as big as club as we thought we was....

It was nice to see people being realistic about our chances when we were in league 1

We used to go to matches with very little expectation except from getting out the house, meeting your mates and hoping to scrape some points. 

My brother lets it slip every now and then about he reckons we had more fun in league 1.

9 minutes ago, Spookone said:

If, and I know its an if, we had won that damn playoff final (and lets be honest we couldn't have really got any closer), we wouldn't have been crippled financially.

I would bet that if we were back where we were at that point and knowing the possible ramifications of not getting the promotion, the vast majority of our fans would still want to go for it and if we hadn't would have been cleaning "lack of ambition".

And if my first girlfriend had wheels on she would have been a bike. What's your point? You adapt to the situation you're in, not the hypothetical you wish jad happened. 

The issue was not in 'season one', where spending and losses were somewhat balanced and well within FFP limits and where signings were well thought out... FF on £3m, BB on a free... it was everything from Wembley onwards that's been the issue. It's what I said in August 2016 after our summer recruitment of expensive players in their early 30s. There's a way of "going for it" whilst not breaking FFP. One of the ways to "go for it" without breaking FFP is to have a good signing policy and not waste millions on the likes of: McGeady, McGugan, Emmanuelson, Wiggins, Winnall, Rhodes, Buckley, Abdi... I could go on. It smacks of poor planning and little homework on potential signings done. 

Our near exclusive 30+ permanent signing recruitment policy has utterly crippled us, as I predicted it would nearly 30 months ago... and I'm not a footballing man. No fans would have been angry and thought we hadn't "gone for it" if we had a summer of recruitment similar to that in 2015 where we bought in Bannan, Hunt, FF etc... in fact, almost unanimously we agreed on here we needed a striker, a tough tackling CM, a winger with pace, a backup and eventual replacement for Loovens... and that was about it. Instead, we got out the shotgun, loaded buckshot and sprayed a few times to get maximum spread. And then 6 months later arranged a deal that would mean 8 digits out our bank account in exchange for a striker that's started 30 times and scored 8 goals. And it's all well and good DC saying "well you were happy at the time"... yeah mate, because we presumed that you wouldn't risk our entire financial security on such a monumental gamble... we all sorta assumed you'd look after the finances. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

And if my first girlfriend had wheels on she would have been a bike. What's your point? You adapt to the situation you're in, not the hypothetical you wish jad happened. 

The issue was not in 'season one', where spending and losses were somewhat balanced and well within FFP limits and where signings were well thought out... FF on £3m, BB on a free... it was everything from Wembley onwards that's been the issue. It's what I said in August 2016 after our summer recruitment of expensive players in their early 30s. There's a way of "going for it" whilst not breaking FFP. One of the ways to "go for it" without breaking FFP is to have a good signing policy and not waste millions on the likes of: McGeady, McGugan, Emmanuelson, Wiggins, Winnall, Rhodes, Buckley, Abdi... I could go on. It smacks of poor planning and little homework on potential signings done. 

Our near exclusive 30+ permanent signing recruitment policy has utterly crippled us, as I predicted it would nearly 30 months ago... and I'm not a footballing man. No fans would have been angry and thought we hadn't "gone for it" if we had a summer of recruitment similar to that in 2015 where we bought in Bannan, Hunt, FF etc... in fact, almost unanimously we agreed on here we needed a striker, a tough tackling CM, a winger with pace, a backup and eventual replacement for Loovens... and that was about it. Instead, we got out the shotgun, loaded buckshot and sprayed a few times to get maximum spread. And then 6 months later arranged a deal that would mean 8 digits out our bank account in exchange for a striker that's started 30 times and scored 8 goals. And it's all well and good DC saying "well you were happy at the time"... yeah mate, because we presumed that you wouldn't risk our entire financial security on such a monumental gamble... we all sorta assumed you'd look after the finances. 

Surely your points about who should have been brought in and the results of that are also hypothetical?

Granted we have signed far too many players and on some overly generous terms, but again, on paper some of those players you would have expected to have had a far bigger impact on results than they have done.