Terrible Communication from the Club

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Club have backed away from posting regulary on social media due idiots commenting with abuse. 

Very Frustrating. 

And I totally get that however for every idiot commenting there may well be 10 people that write something idiotic, derogatory or negative out of pure frustration of not being delivered information on a regular basis 

Communicate with people and they feel involved.

The club is creating a distance ( and a lack of belonging) by not doing simple regular communication and consequently people don’t feel involved

Edited by Mister Soul

3 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Given how much the club makes us pay for such a low quality team, they should be doing everything they can to improve the ‘experience’ of being a fan.

So why are we always in the dark about where lots of the players are? Why can’t they give us simple, quick updates via social media to say that Winnall or whoever is injured? 

The prices are so high for us because we are paying players such as Westwood such high wages, but we rely on rumours as to why they don’t feature.

Can you imagine any of the Premier League clubs being so unprofessional? 

It feels like we’re being run by an out of date dictatorship and it makes me really sad.

Because we would most likely brick ourselves if we actually knew what was happening or not, whichever be he case.

Edited by optimisticowl

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

Amazing how some of us survived for years without having to know stuff like that.

Dont know why people keep saying the same things, well I do like, but that’s for other people to work out. For some people, no matter what the club says, it won’t be good enough 

6 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

And I totally get that however for every idiot commenting there may well be 10 people that write something idiotic, derogatory or negative out of pure frustration of not being delivered information on a regular basis 

Communicate with people and they feel involved.

The club is creating a distance ( and a lack of belonging) by not doing simple regular communication and consequently people don’t feel involved

What you wanting? A personal phone call from Chansiri? It's a lot more easy to find things out now than it was years ago.

We use to have Star and half past 4 sports news on radio Sheffield.

3 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Given how much the club makes us pay for such a low quality team, they should be doing everything they can to improve the ‘experience’ of being a fan.

So why are we always in the dark about where lots of the players are? Why can’t they give us simple, quick updates via social media to say that Winnall or whoever is injured? 

The prices are so high for us because we are paying players such as Westwood such high wages, but we rely on rumours as to why they don’t feature.

Can you imagine any of the Premier League clubs being so unprofessional? 

It feels like we’re being run by an out of date dictatorship and it makes me really sad.

Like Manchester City for instance, who continually rotate Walker, Silva, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Ageuro et al with very few updates on De Bruyn. I would call this being a professional attitude; Or would you prefer team sheets being submitted three days ahead of a game ?

37 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I guess it is because he's still injured, been well known since he played for U23s at Hull. 

Tbf Jos has usually stated in his pre match interviews if players are injured, just like he did with Forestieri last Friday.

Any news on abdi? Has his leg grown back yet?

3 hours ago, Tudders said:

This sums up the generation of entitlement.

Everyone seems to demand answers these days. I don’t particularly want other teams having an advantage because they can check social media for our injury list just because a section of our fans demand it. 

Whether it costs £1 or £50 to watch us, makes no difference. We aren’t ‘entitled’ to know anything from behind the scenes just because we pay a certain amount.

I recently went to the cinema.I paid slightly more to watch the film than If I’d gone through a competitor of theirs. I paid more as I like that specific cinema company, and I feel it’s more comfortable. However as I paid more I don’t feel that I have a right to demand to see their accounts or staff rotas or disciplinary details etc it’s my choice to pay more or not.

We aren’t part of the business, we aren’t shareholders anymore, we just go and watch the games for entertainment* reasons. 

*not been a lot of that lately I know!!lol

This is true.

We sold our soul to the devil when Chansiri took over.

This is modern football. If it bothers people so much they should protest. 

Everything is out of our hands. Yes we support this club, but it is not OUR club. Football is a business and the days where fans owned the club are long gone. All we can do is support, praise, moan or shout. 

Chansiri can charge what he likes. Like any owner up and down the country. He bought the club and he's pumped the money in. We don't have to pay those prices, it is our choice.

I hate modern football and the way it has gone. Sure I don't agree with Chansiri and a lot of the things he's done, but ultimately I don't have a say.

If it bothers people so much they should really go follow Hallam or Sheffield FC.

3 hours ago, Tudders said:

Everyone seems to demand answers these days. I don’t particularly want other teams having an advantage because they can check social media for our injury list just because a section of our fans demand it. 

Whether it costs £1 or £50 to watch us, makes no difference. We aren’t ‘entitled’ to know anything from behind the scenes just because we pay a certain amount.

I recently went to the cinema.I paid slightly more to watch the film than If I’d gone through a competitor of theirs. I paid more as I like that specific cinema company, and I feel it’s more comfortable. However as I paid more I don’t feel that I have a right to demand to see their accounts or staff rotas or disciplinary details etc it’s my choice to pay more or not.

We aren’t part of the business, we aren’t shareholders anymore, we just go and watch the games for entertainment* reasons. 

I understand where you are coming from but the part of the club that gets the fans goat is the lies that they seem to think are not lies if they just don't tell us.

The players injured that take to social media to tell us are not actually injured, the excuses for players not playing such as they have had no game time then these players not getting any game time, the club being under embargo for nearly 4 months from April 2018 and the club not telling anyone about the issues and publicly saying to fans they were looking for promotion all the time they knew the poo they were in.

I do not need to know the ins and out of the club but I also do not expect to be treated as a mug, I like everyone else love my club but the loyalty I give without a though i do not expect to be taken advantage of and the crap merchandise they sell and put a badge on it the charge 250% more for it. We here this term a family club, the way we as fans are treated and blamed as is currently happening again is a complete disgrace.

These players and coaches get paid in a week what most of us don't earn in a year, they need to realise how privilege they are and stop treat us the fans the life blood that has kept this club going through the last 20+ years of thin and thinner like a cash cow they can milk and expect us to turn up, shut up and put up with the dross on the pitch and the complete clusterfuck that DC is making of running a business.

There are that many simpletons on social media that before it was "a thing" they wouldn't have been allowed more than crayons for written interaction, now they have a voice (usually a loud one), the chairman and the manager have said there are no contract issues with players who are not being played yet there are loads on here that don't believe as it doesn't suit this weeks agenda, are clubs like (spit) sheffield united transparent, I don't think they are, we're probably expecting too much.

Don't need to know everything. Don't need a forum. If the club let us know the aim for this season it would be good, is it playoffs? Is it mid table? is it stop up? At the minute i think fans judging team as if should be up at the top. If we knew the long term plan it would help. As for individuals, every week he has a press conference and tells us relevant stuff, Winnall, Hooper, Lee injured. Everyone else is fit and Jos is picking the team. Some may not agree but why do they need to say more?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tudders said:

Agreed. I just ordered a sandwich from Subway and they had no Branston. I asked if the manager would be sacked but got no answer. Disgraceful. 

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

'JUST SEEN FERNANDO ON HIS BIKE IN HILLSBROUGH PARK...HE SAID 'SOD GETTING ON THE COACH, MY LEG IS SORE AND JOS DOESNT CARE...I DONT WANT TO PLAY ON THE WING ANYWAY.'..MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WANT..I'M OFF TO SMASH THE BUS SHELTER UP'

gymnastic_riding_telephone.jpg

Rebels. They’ve even got F*ck School badges on their jumpers

• Haha 2

He's talking about this SWFC family were all supposedly in but we aint in it lol, its him and his players and certain people at the club who are family in DC's eyes and I truly believe he well maybe loves is a strong word for somone who's bacically an investor but Ide safly say hes well commited and cares alot, probably explains why hes so reluctant to sell..anyone.. but I think he sees us more like supporters of the family, the sheep to flock and provide for the family like good little lemmings and god forbid we get anrgy at form then you know what, we're not part of the family or we've let it down lol.. just stop treating us like idiots mate... Have votes on food served or whatever choices on ballets at the game, actually talk to us about pricing instead of some riged questionnaire that suggests the only choices are keep prices sky high or go into a perpetual spiral, ironic i know.. I think he assumes we're still just simple humble Sheffield miners with abit more doe than we used to have and not alot to say on anything football related. And hell still think it after the forum because I'll no doubt be proved wrong :tango:

12 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Like Manchester City for instance, who continually rotate Walker, Silva, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Ageuro et al with very few updates on De Bruyn. I would call this being a professional attitude; Or would you prefer team sheets being submitted three days ahead of a game ?

They made it pretty clear what type of injury he had and how long they estimated he’d be out. 

I don’t expect constant updates on injured  players. I do expect to know if our most expensive players (the justification for us being charged the highest prices in the league)  are being left out for footballing or behavioural issue. 

I don’t aim to bed rude, but if we accept anything less then we should all have a long and hard think about whether a football club deserve our money, or our own families or a charity do.