Terrible Communication from the Club

14 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

whinge whinge...it's not fair...I don't want to pay as much as that...Westwood spends it all and he doesn't even play...it's not fair...I'm a fan, I have a right to know...I pay my money so I have a right to express my opinion...whinge whinge....I'm really upset by the way the club treats me...I want to have a say in it...it's terrible the way the club keeps things from me...I have rights you know...I only hear rumours...and I think all the bad ones must be true...because Chansiri won't tell me what's happening...I think he's a big bully and I don't like him...I think I'm going to cry.:sad:

This naive type of response is exactly what I expect from the club and the slightly thick (no offence) and ignorant fans.

i don’t expect anything from the club, all of my suggestions  are aimed at helping us move forward and compete in a really competitive industry 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

They made it pretty clear what type of injury he had a nd how long they estimated he’d be out. 

I don’t expect constant updates on injured  players. I do expect to know if our most expensive players (the justification for us being charged the highest prices in the league)  are being left out for footballing or behavioural issue. 

I don’t aim to bed rude, but if we accept anything less then we should all have a long and hard think about whether a football club deserve our money, or our own families or a charity do. 

Not offended in any way. You do have to understand thought that in my 60+ years of watching Wednesday I have had to change. I started of watching a football team which changed  into a business around football that is now an entertainment business. The business neither creates or retains any profits all the money, ALL, goes into the pockets of players, agents and staff. If successful the initial benefit will be to the owner. As an entertainment business (OK the entertainment is poor at the moment) our prices compare favourably with shows and concert venues. They are reasonably priced for those investing in ST's.

The choice is the fans entirely attendance is not compulsory. We all knew the price of going for it 3 years ago we can not should not whinge now we have run into a brick wall. The problems can and will be sorted. Information is put out there much of it misinformation, This is all part of the game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Not offended in any way. You do have to understand thought that in my 60+ years of watching Wednesday I have had to change. I started of watching a football team which changed  into a business around football that is now an entertainment business. The business neither creates or retains any profits all the money, ALL, goes into the pockets of players, agents and staff. If successful the initial benefit will be to the owner. As an entertainment business (OK the entertainment is poor at the moment) our prices compare favourably with shows and concert venues. They are reasonably priced for those investing in ST's.

The choice is the fans entirely attendance is not compulsory. We all knew the price of going for it 3 years ago we can not should not whinge now we have run into a brick wall. The problems can and will be sorted. Information is put out there much of it misinformation, This is all part of the game. 

I know where you’re coming from and appreciate we have the choice to pay or not.

But we also have a voice and can express our concerns when we think the club isn’t going in the right direction, which is what is happening right now 

7 hours ago, gbear05 said:

This naive type of response is exactly what I expect from the club and the slightly thick (no offence) and ignorant fans.

i don’t expect anything from the club, all of my suggestions  are aimed at helping us move forward and compete in a really competitive industry 

That is exactly what you put in your post. Just one of many threads on here criticising the club for anything and everything. Why don't you, or anyone else who shares your whinging attitude do yourself a great big favour and take a day off...who knows you may like it and stay away

• Thanks 1

On 13/12/2018 at 10:27, Hougoumont said:

whinge whinge...it's not fair...I don't want to pay as much as that...Westwood spends it all and he doesn't even play...it's not fair...I'm a fan, I have a right to know...I pay my money so I have a right to express my opinion...whinge whinge....I'm really upset by the way the club treats me...I want to have a say in it...it's terrible the way the club keeps things from me...I have rights you know...I only hear rumours...and I think all the bad ones must be true...because Chansiri won't tell me what's happening...I think he's a big bully and I don't like him...I think I'm going to cry.:sad:

This, this & thrice this!

On 13/12/2018 at 09:06, HIGHERSTATE said:

It's been a closed shop since DC has been here.

No wonder there is non-stop speculation, stories, myths, ITK'ers and made up gossip all over social media.  Worryingly these myths become truth if repeated often enough.

It just creates a massive divide between club and fans

When did the club ever gives us this information in the past?  And once you have the information hows it going to make any difference to anything? 

On 13/12/2018 at 12:33, bradowl said:

What you wanting? A personal phone call from Chansiri? It's a lot more easy to find things out now than it was years ago.

We use to have Star and half past 4 sports news on radio Sheffield.

What am I wanting?

In the first instance some clarity as to why certain players are not being included in the squad.

That aside, a club of the size of ours should be delivering weekly updates to the fan base on a variety of subjects.

At the moment (for example), information regarding injuries only appears when JL is questioned at press conference.

That is reactive not pro active.

In such confusing times at the club, clarity and information will ease the the negativity and disharmony.

The applies in any business, even more so in football.

Yes you are quite right, it use to be the Star and Radio Sheffield as our source of information.

That was then, this is now. The world has turned a few times since those days and significantly the clubs that embrace strong communication with their fan base ( we live in a social media driven world), not only have stronger ties with life blood of the club, they develop new interest in the club.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

What am I wanting?

In the first instance some clarity as to why certain players are not being included in the squad.

That aside, a club of the size of ours should be delivering weekly updates to the fan base on a variety of subjects.

At the moment (for example), information regarding injuries only appears when JL is questioned at press conference.

That is reactive not pro active.

In such confusing times at the club, clarity and information will ease the the negativity and disharmony.

The applies in any business, even more so in football.

Yes you are quite right, it use to be the Star and Radio Sheffield as our source of information.

That was then, this is now. The world has turned a few times since those days and significantly the clubs that embrace strong communication with their fan base ( we live in a social media driven world), not only have stronger ties with life blood of the club, they develop new interest in the club.

Could not have put it better myself.

The club is more alienated from its fans than ever before, yet it chooses to pass on the opportunity of improving that relationship.

Says everything we need to know.