Terrible Communication from the Club

Given how much the club makes us pay for such a low quality team, they should be doing everything they can to improve the ‘experience’ of being a fan.

So why are we always in the dark about where lots of the players are? Why can’t they give us simple, quick updates via social media to say that Winnall or whoever is injured? 

The prices are so high for us because we are paying players such as Westwood such high wages, but we rely on rumours as to why they don’t feature.

Can you imagine any of the Premier League clubs being so unprofessional? 

It feels like we’re being run by an out of date dictatorship and it makes me really sad.

• Haha 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I agree the club has been poor in some things but I suppose in others they have to keep information confidential.

On the playing side they can be just honest .

Maybe they don't want to give social media any information they use as a stick to beat them with.  Which sadly seems the case constantly now.

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Amazing how some of us survived for years without having to know stuff like that.

I was one of those people too. Football and society have moved on. 

Running a football club means operating in an incredibly competitive industry. So I completely disagree that the communication style of the 90s is sufficient in 2018.

Have a look at the quality of the comms from other football clubs and then see if you have the same opinion as you do now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

Given how much the club makes us pay for such a low quality team, they should be doing everything they can to improve the ‘experience’ of being a fan.

So why are we always in the dark about where lots of the players are? Why can’t they give us simple, quick updates via social media to say that Winnall or whoever is injured? 

The prices are so high for us because we are paying players such as Westwood such high wages, but we rely on rumours as to why they don’t feature.

It feels like we’re being run by an out of date dictatorship and it makes me really sad.

Do any Premier League clubs provide injury updates on social media?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Do any Premier League clubs provide injury updates on social media?

I’m pretty sure most or all of the premier league clubs tell you what injuries their players have. Happens every week in press conferences.

Or they give a reason why players aren’t featuring, eg Fred, Keita, Loftus-Cheek...

Ways and means, I understand confidentially from the club with regard to official information.....But nothing stopping them releasing discreet information via the media. I suspect most journalist sources are the clubs testing the water with deliberately leaked information. 

13 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I was one of those people too. Football and society have moved on. 

One of what people......? Football and society may have moved on, it's debatable if they've moved forward!!!

14 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

Running a football club means operating in an incredibly competitive industry. So I completely disagree that the communication style of the 90s is sufficient in 2018.

No sh!t Sherlock. When the club sorts out the more pressing issues then I'll be happy for it to address your Twitter neediness. 

15 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

Have a look at the quality of the comms from other football clubs and then see if you have the same opinion as you do now.

Right now the last thing I'm wishing for is that the club was better at bombarding me with bad news.

This sums up the generation of entitlement.

Everyone seems to demand answers these days. I don’t particularly want other teams having an advantage because they can check social media for our injury list just because a section of our fans demand it. 

Whether it costs £1 or £50 to watch us, makes no difference. We aren’t ‘entitled’ to know anything from behind the scenes just because we pay a certain amount.

I recently went to the cinema.I paid slightly more to watch the film than If I’d gone through a competitor of theirs. I paid more as I like that specific cinema company, and I feel it’s more comfortable. However as I paid more I don’t feel that I have a right to demand to see their accounts or staff rotas or disciplinary details etc it’s my choice to pay more or not.

We aren’t part of the business, we aren’t shareholders anymore, we just go and watch the games for entertainment* reasons. 

*not been a lot of that lately I know!!lol

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

Great point this.

Really could do with a PR/comms person whose job is to update fans on social media, blogs etc etc. Went to the Man City game with my lad yesterday and they have club staff videoing fans, give aways etc. This is obviously part of the media team, but point is they engage with fans and communicate. 

I know they are a PL team with money to burn however. Would have thought we could afford to employ maybe 2 staff and pay for a few cameras and laptops?

No news just creates rumours and distrust.