An attack minded manager.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

I read somewhere that a manager said we needed an attack minded manager to progress, I think it was Ian Holloway who said it. 

I agree 

We have quality attacking players. Make use of them. 

An attack minded manager would make best use of them instead of the dour defense heavy, deep dropping tactics of Jos. 

Quality has to be given the freedom to express. 

Oh and maybe a bit of entertainment from this expensive squad would justify the highest ticket prices in the division. 

Spot on , totally agree , we are relying too much on the weakest part of our game whilst neglecting our strengths. Make it sound easy don’t we !!! 

We need some better defensive players and ones with more physicality and mobility. Our central midfield is easy to bypass and central defenders are slow so easy to bypass. 

only way to get a result against better sides is to pack midfield and defence when gone with 4 at back against any team with energy we get shredded.

You can not attack unless you have ball and we have too few (if any) ball winners in side. 

Attacking team iis best policy but need players to accomplish this.

19 minutes ago, Beholder said:

JJ regarded the best player outside the premiership for years.... 

By who? 

Ridiculous to suggest he would walk I into our side. 

Our squad has superior players to JJ. 

We'll have to disagree mate, 

JJ linked midfield and attack, carries the ball up field better than anyone in the squad, gliding past players with his pace.

and he's ever present.

But you keep doing what you do, making 5 negative threads a day. If Luhukay's youth policy does click, you don't deserve to be apart of it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Go on then make use of them

Matias and Forestieri are both fit for 1 week out of every month.

Hooper, Lee, Winnall, Abdi are nowhere to be seen.

Nuhiu has resumed normal service now he's not playing for a contract.

So you've got Joao and Fletcher.

It's easy saying words isn't it? But when you look at facts, your hands are tied together just like Luhukays 

but we’ve had Bannan and Reach, for pretty much every game, it’s not the lack of players, it’s the tactics We are rarely on the front foot under this coach

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Disagree with you there , bored stupid with a win is no comparison to attacking teams and going for goals .

While I agree with you on good attacking football being better, I'd settle for a few boring wins in a row at present.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, all those sides are looking to get on the front foot from the off It’s more productive, and it’s certainly more entertaining

Why can everyone see this apart from our coaches?   Annoyingly we have the players to do this, FF, Joao, Reach and Bannan can all frighten teams. Fans have always warmed to teams who have a go from the start. It's not chess, it's football.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

While I agree with you on good attacking football being better, I'd settle for a few boring wins in a row at present.

Well yes we need points but I feel our best way of achieving this is to go at teams more and get our forward thinking players on the ball more 

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We'll have to disagree mate, 

JJ linked midfield and attack, carries the ball up field better than anyone in the squad, gliding past players with his pace.

and he's ever present.

But you keep doing what you do, making 5 negative threads a day. If Luhukay's youth policy does click, you don't deserve to be apart of it.

So JJ the best player outside the prem was just your opinion? 

Thought as much. 

As for the last paragraph, perhaps you need to take yr head out of the sand. 

We are plumetting toward relegation. 

Negative threads tend to happen in such circumstances. 

Edited by Beholder

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

I read somewhere that a manager said we needed an attack minded manager to progress, I think it was Ian Holloway who said it. 

I agree 

An attack minded manager would make best use of them instead of the dour defense heavy, deep dropping tactics of Jos. 

Oh and maybe a bit of entertainment from this expensive squad would justify the highest ticket prices in the division. 

The truth will out - spot on

I would rather go for it every game than see the sideways negative dross we play most of the time. Its not as though wer'e keeping clean sheets by being defensive with the exceptions of a lucky draw at Pig Lane and against another crap side in Ipswich. If we attack more it also gets the fans going which bounces back onto the team confidence wise. Wednesday fans will always get behind a side who give it a go even if we lose.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beholder said:

I agree 

Nothing but upvotes?

Guess those that want/wanted the likes of Megson/Bruce/McCarthy haven't found this thread yet.lol

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Jermaine Johnson alone played 231 games for us. Regarded as the best player outside the premier league for many years.

I would hazard a guess, Jos would swap 6 wednesday players for 1 Jermaine Johnson.

Also we had alot of players who for them....Sheffield Wednesday was their pinnacle. Absolute top of their career. Like Akpo Sodje etc....

We have to got too many players now, who have had it better elsewhere. They'll walk around like we should be blessed they are here. Hutchinson and Westwood are two of these. 

Jj the best player outside the premiership ..... I’m not even interested in this topic I’m just in love with this post. Until the likes of Sam Hutchinson came along , he was by and far the most overrated wedmeasay player of all time 

• Like 1