An attack minded manager.

I read somewhere that a manager said we needed an attack minded manager to progress, I think it was Ian Holloway who said it. 

I agree 

We have quality attacking players. Make use of them. 

An attack minded manager would make best use of them instead of the dour defense heavy, deep dropping tactics of Jos. 

Quality has to be given the freedom to express. 

Oh and maybe a bit of entertainment from this expensive squad would justify the highest ticket prices in the division. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Takes talent, which many of our performers lack.

I wouldn't say there's a lack of talent within our squad. Application, mettle, and consistency...well that's a different matter. 

Takes a consistent team selection especially defensively to allow attacking players to play.

No fluke that we had loads of clean sheets with a settled back 4 and we were in and around the playoffs because our attacking players didn’t have to score 4 goals to draw a game :rolleyes: 

A manager needs to be consistent in the way he sets a team up, so the players understand/believe in what they are doing.

We have some good players what we need is a manager to use them correctly in the right system for the majority of games.

Being attack minded is more than just picking 4 strikers and "going for it".

It's the whole ethos and game plan of the whole team, even the defenders.

It's about being fearless and not being bothered about losing the ball as long as you lose it by trying to attack and score.

Not just passing it around a back 5.

Basically it's the exact opposite to our current style of play.

Jos is not capable of delivering it. 

Jokanovic is one of the best examples of an attacking minded manager. His centre backs used to push up so high it was crazy. They would push the opposition back to the own penalty area for large portions of the match and they would have full backs overlapping wingers on both sides.

Sure you are open to counter attacks, but many teams in this league are not good enough to punish you on a regular basis.

Different story in the prem of course and they got picked apart.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Carlos played attacking football in that first season and we were great. Then he bottled it in the playoff final and thereafter.

Attacking football works in this league

Proven by Fulham last year, Leeds and hate to say it the blunts this year. None of them have stand out squads but starting at 100mph always has and always will scare the life out of the opposition. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Proven by Fulham last year, Leeds and hate to say it the blunts this year. None of them have stand out squads but starting at 100mph always has and always will scare the life out of the opposition. 

Yes, all those sides are looking to get on the front foot from the off It’s more productive, and it’s certainly more entertaining

Since CC's second season we've been dogshit to watch. It's kind of ok when getting results to soften the attritional approach for a greater good of promotion.

I think this is an area where DC should have stuck to his intended philosophy of seeking attacking football when he arrived. At the moment, we just don't bring anything to the game, we're a dull lifeless team providing no entertainment.

We're the football equivalent of cress, just there to make up the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Since CC's second season we've been dogshit to watch. It's kind of ok when getting results to soften the attritional approach for a greater good of promotion.

I think this is an area where DC should have stuck to his intended philosophy of seeking attacking football when he arrived. At the moment, we just don't bring anything to the game, we're a dull lifeless team providing no entertainment.

We're the football equivalent of cress, just there to make up the numbers.

Too true To be honest, I was never one of those win at all costs types, although, as you say, it perhaps makes it a little more bearable when you are winning 

I won’t make excuses for him, because I hated it, but at least you could see what Carlos was trying to do. The idea was to create a solid block, ignoring the wings, and move up and down the pitch as one. It was boring to watch, but it did at least bring some success. Jos on the other hand........

Dowlstalk often gets slated for it’s ridiculous suggestions but right here in this thread is explained everything thats currently wrong with our club.  DC if you don’t take note of anything else our fans say please read this thread and take net. We all want the same thing. We don’t care if we haven’t got the best players in the world' but we’d would all like to see the sort of football of ccs first seaśon. And that’s all 

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Dowlstalk often gets slated for it’s ridiculous suggestions but right here in this thread is explained everything thats currently wrong with our club.  DC if you don’t take note of anything else our fans say please read this thread and take net. We all want the same thing. We don’t care if we haven’t got the best players in the world' but we’d would all like to see the sort of football of ccs first seaśon. And that’s all 

and the sort of football that DC himself wanted us to play

I don’t think an attacking manager makes a difference. Jos had us very open at the start of the season and very attack minded but we conceded too many.

Now we don’t really play either attacking or defensive, it’s diffterent week on week.

In my view we need to learn to tighten up and win ugly and then get rid of as much  as we can in the summer. 

Edited by Bluesteel