The bigger picture - Conspiracy theories...

Is there a bigger agenda than just this season?

I mean, you would expect the chairman to have acted by now following the run of results, but he hasn't. I know some say its in his nature to not sack anyone, but he sacked Carlos.

So do we look at rumours and think its something bigger ?

Rumoured takeovers ?, rumoured disharmony amongst leading championship clubs and a view of a potential EPL2 ?, rumoured new European competition coming in 3 years....

Are we (I mean the powers that be at the club) just sitting back and waiting for a change to our football structure, which ultimately has no baring on were we currently stand, therefore making the current football irrelevant in the long term ? 

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think it's just pride. 

He won't be told what to do. 

The absolute worst kind of leader. A brittle ego that can't be questioned. 

His ego is going to cost him a lot of money if we are relegated.

11 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

I mean, you would expect the chairman to have acted by now following the run of results, but he hasn't. I know some say its in his nature to not sack anyone, but he sacked Carlos.

Rumoured takeovers ?, rumoured disharmony amongst leading championship clubs and a view of a potential EPL2 ?, rumoured new European competition coming in 3 years....

Are we (I mean the powers that be at the club) just sitting back and waiting for a change to our football structure, which ultimately has no baring on were we currently stand, therefore making the current football irrelevant in the long term ? 

There’s little chance that these structures will change, it’s just leveraging for more money. If we are sitting back waiting for these changes then the decision making process at the top is worse than we ever could imagine.

21 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

Until the club comes clean and be truthful, conspiracy theories are rife.  No one knows whats

going on so its all guesswork, to be honest I have given up wondering now just wait and see.

47 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

The chairman didn't sack Carlos he walked then 2 days later he became Swansea manager. Either Carlos is that good he was snapped up as soon as he had no job or he already had the job lined up and our chairman was too stupid to realise and did not claim compensation from Swansea.

DC has never made a single decision that has improved our club, he is the problem but the £50m + of losses he has built up will made it increasingly difficult to find anyone that will buy us without him writing off a chunk of his mistakes and reducing his asking price for our club because under his management we are only going one way and that is backwards.

If he want to make a structural change for the better get rid of the pointless KW bring in a director of football which championship experience and a marketing manager with experience of being able to sell merchandise and advertising at prices that people will pay with a quality of product that is better than you would find in a discount store at a 10th of the price.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC has never made a single decision that has improved our club, he is the problem but the £50m + of losses he has built up will made it increasingly difficult to find anyone that will buy us without him writing off a chunk of his mistakes and reducing his asking price for our club because under his management we are only going one way and that is backwards.

Except for the brand new pitch & investing in the youth set up 

35 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think it's just pride. 

He won't be told what to do. 

The absolute worst kind of leader. A brittle ego that can't be questioned. 

I used to work for a spoilt Arab bloke who was like this. He would ask for advice, then ignore it and accept no responsibility when things went wrong, hire underpaid puppets to do his financial dirty work and fire people who were not prepared to tow the line. Spend a fortune on pointless trimmings, but ignore vital supplies and blatantly ignore basic safety procedures. I see so many similarities with him and DC and fear that he will never have the foresight to hire the right people to do the job and leave them to do it without interference. I could have saved that guy millions, literally, but my hands were tied and in the end I gave up trying to help him and just did the minimum until another opportunity came along. I wonder if Jos is doing the same. I hope not.

6 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I used to work for a spoilt Arab bloke who was like this. He would ask for advice, then ignore it and accept no responsibility when things went wrong, hire underpaid puppets to do his financial dirty work and fire people who were not prepared to tow the line. Spend a fortune on pointless trimmings, but ignore vital supplies and blatantly ignore basic safety procedures. I see so many similarities with him and DC and fear that he will never have the foresight to hire the right people to do the job and leave them to do it without interference. I could have saved that guy millions, literally, but my hands were tied and in the end I gave up trying to help him and just did the minimum until another opportunity came along. I wonder if Jos is doing the same. I hope not.

Frighteningly similar to stories from ex staff 

I don't believe there is any more to this mess than niaivity and ego 

We are at a point where I genuinely believe we may be looking at F.C. Wednesday in 5-10 years. 

I’m not saying it’s a certainty but where as three or four years ago we were a stable, if unspectacular, club we are now in freefall. Relegation to League One will be worse than our relegation from the Premiership all those years ago. 

This season is absolutely vital. There is no room for complacency. We need 50 points and we need it as soon as possible. Every game Jos has is another chance for three points wasted. 

Can anyone see Jos managing this squad to nine more wins by the end of the season when we need to score at least two goals to normally earn just a draw?

1 hour ago, bigsheff said:

Except for the brand new pitch & investing in the youth set up 

But he hasn't invested anything in the youth set up we get cast off from other academies then play them in our first teams of all the kids coming through only Dawson and Penney are local kids the rest are from Wales, Scotland, Liverpool, Denmark. Last I look none of these places were local.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But he hasn't invested anything in the youth set up we get cast off from other academies then play them in our first teams of all the kids coming through only Dawson and Penney are local kids the rest are from Wales, Scotland, Liverpool, Denmark. Last I look none of these places were local.

Think a lot of the ground work for the youth set up was done before Chansiri time. Think Chansiri deserves some praise for the youth set up but not all of it.

Not knocking the new pitch, its is superb but surely anyone could have recommended  this being done at the time. For upwards of £40 a ticket I think having a good pitch should be a given.

The scoreboard is better then the old one but similar size clubs then Wednesday have had one for 10 years of more before. For most of the time it flashes up 'CHANSIRI' or 'D TAXIS'.

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

Frighteningly similar to stories from ex staff 

I don't believe there is any more to this mess than niaivity and ego 

If a leader of any organisation has a mixture of arrogance and ignorance of the business it's usually fatal. 

It's still not too late to get the experiencied help and advice that should have been in place from day 1.