The bigger picture - Conspiracy theories...

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

It was in place with the triumpherant Roeder etc and we were doing well and progressing, then it simply  disintegrated, maybe becouse of bringing in Doyen, maybe the chairmans meddling, both or other reasons were not privvy to. All I know is once it broke up, recruitment took a nose dive and we couldn't even manage to do the standard football mechendising of getting it ready for the start of the season simple basics like that just smack of incompetence. 

The original committee didn't do much at all, the early recruitment was mostly down to Doyen.

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

The fairy godmother will appear, wave her magic wand and produce £10-20m a year.

Sorted. 

The losses we’re created by the ineptitude of the chairman , signing dross on long deals , alienating corporate clients and getting every major decision wrong . The money wasted is why we are in this mess , and that’s down to the stupidity of a man who thinks he knows it all but in reality knows nothing . 

53 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The losses we’re created by the ineptitude of the chairman , signing dross on long deals , alienating corporate clients and getting every major decision wrong . The money wasted is why we are in this mess , and that’s down to the stupidity of a man who thinks he knows it all but in reality knows nothing . 

You still have to find someone with deep enough pockets and stupid enough to buy the club.

Someone still has to bankroll the club. Even with a new owner there will be losses to fund - how many Championship clubs make a profit? Probably none. The majority are desperate to reach the promised land and are spending big money to get there. 

You will be very lucky to get a buyer. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

11 hours ago, toppOwl said:

What if we have an internal shirt sponsor who it has already been pointed out to you puts as much as he can possibly put in without breaking EFL rules.

Wait till the court case in May and you may have a very different view on how things are run at a certain Lane.

You're a new breed of stubbornly thick.

Alternatively you believe everything you are told remember 'The prices will stay high to maintain the investment in the team, or prices get lower and the team is full of kids, free transfers and loans'.

Correct me if I am wrong but the high earners are not allowed to play, the team if full of kids, loans and free agents but thew prices remain high.

But hey you keep believing everything you are told as gospel. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Alternatively you believe everything you are told remember 'The prices will stay high to maintain the investment in the team, or prices get lower and the team is full of kids, free transfers and loans'.

Correct me if I am wrong but the high earners are not allowed to play, the team if full of kids, loans and free agents but thew prices remain high.

I assume the high earners are still being paid.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I assume the high earners are still being paid.

But their not playing that's kind of stupid if you want them in the shop window, but what do we expect with the guy we have in charge, he couldn't run a bath without flooding the room.

Edited by room0035

11 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The original committee didn't do much at all, the early recruitment was mostly down to Doyen.

From what most seem to think on here the committee did the early recruitment and according to a couple of guys on here bannan was the last signing by them and roeder, of course they could be wrong, but I'm not privvy to the real information. 

45 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

From what most seem to think on here the committee did the early recruitment and according to a couple of guys on here bannan was the last signing by them and roeder, of course they could be wrong, but I'm not privvy to the real information. 

Roeder wasn't responsible for any signings, the committee did very little.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The stuff relating to shirt and stadium sponsorship is not "being told" by the club and if I'd believed everything I'd "been told" by you yesterday relating to Fulham, Wolves and Cardiff and their shirt deals then quite frankly, I'd have believed a pack of lies.

You have a valid point on some stuff but you spoil it when you make up stories about other areas.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The stuff relating to shirt and stadium sponsorship is not "being told" by the club and if I'd believed everything I'd "been told" by you yesterday relating to Fulham, Wolves and Cardiff and their shirt deals then quite frankly, I'd have believed a pack of lies.

You have a valid point on some stuff but you spoil it when you make up stories about other areas.

I am trying but sometimes the passion for my team come out wrong cheers anyway.

22 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

The bigger picture is, he needs to appoint a board working for him or put the club up for sale

He’s proven to be incapable managing the club himself 

Simple really 

Love him or hate him (DC not BL) surely no one can argue with this. 

I think in hindsight that first season getting to Wembley was the worst thing that could have happened to DC. He must have thought ‘this football lark is easy’ He thought he’d cracked it but now seems too stubborn to get some proper help. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think Bannan was playing for Palace reserves when we signed him, if people think a manager in Carlos was watch Palace reserve games to pick up players then so be it, what is more likely though that Glenn Roeder or one of the team saw Barry Bannan playing in palace reserves. 

The signing of Matias and Joao could have been Carlos but more likely that both were Doyes

25 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Roeder wasn't responsible for any signings, the committee did very little.

which is counter to roeder's comments 

is this your opinion - how do you know this ?  is it that they were ignored so left / sacked?

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think Bannan was playing for Palace reserves when we signed him, if people think a manager in Carlos was watch Palace reserve games to pick up players then so be it, what is more likely though that Glenn Roeder or one of the team saw Barry Bannan playing in palace reserves. 

The signing of Matias and Joao could have been Carlos but more likely that both were Doyes

Bannan started in 35 championship games for Palace prior to coming to us.