The bigger picture - Conspiracy theories...

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz and Thai businessman Chaleo Yoovidhya both hold 49% the remaining 2% by Chaleo Yoovidhya's son. No idea if there is any connection to the Chansiris.

Oh, that's not very current. Chaleo Yoovidhya is dead now.

Same family still owns the shares though.

Could he do a better job?

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Cardiff £3m a season was signed in the championship you don't get as much as the premiership deals but you get more than what we are getting.

We keep being told we are in the 4th best watch league in Europe then under sell us because we are not premier league teams

We are "paying" as much as we can as an owner sponsorship and please stop fibbing.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC is a business man does he actually own any business??????

If he does then get them to sign a £2m a season shirt sponsorship deal to sponsor the club.

The shirts have shorts get a shorts front or back sponsor, the shirts have sleeves get a sleeve sponsor. The Hillsborough Stadium could become the John West Hillsborough stadium and for this they pay us money. Th corporate boxes could be sold to businesses at a price that still makes profit you know like Sheff Utd corporate boxes that cost £19,000 a year and still make profit. We could sell boards around the ground for companies to put their names on to then get them to give us money.

Or we could sign an exclusive deal with a drinks firm such as Carlsberg or a betting agency to offer the services in the ground where you guest it they pay us money to do so.

We have 20,000-25,000 people in a stadium 23 times in a season yet we as a club don't tried to sell anyone anything other than a ticket.

I think other football clubs have being doing this for years so its not a radical idea. 

It’s a joke that he can’t even get these basics right 

I doubt chansiri is hanging on to Jos for "Wednesday footballing family reasons"..I doubt katrienne was brought in to improve the squad.

In fact in the grand scheme of things, and having to go on mainly speculation, and the staggering inactivity, lack of communication bordering on stubborn silence...

I don't think it looks good...

Did Carlos go because he was going to be pushed? or did he just head off South cos he knew his own reputation was on the line?

I suspect the latter, as he seems to have become a media darling while actually doing nowt.

Where was the "Wednesday family" with Stuart Gray?....didn't really get a chance did he?..with all the new found wealth.

The "two year" plan was as far as Mr Chansiri was going to take it?

Seems to me thats the bones of it....The money spaffed on Rhodes etc seems a desperate last ditch attempt to make it...We totally blew it at home against Huddersfield..and the interest in the club went west with it.

Its all speculation..but if you want idiots like me self to stop speculating...bloody say summat!

Ive no gripe with someone getting stuff wrong, Ive done it we ALL do it.

There is no-one in any position at the top of the whole football club that is speaking to the fans and its fast coming the time when they have to think about selling season tickets..HOW???

For the sake of f.ookery...HOW??

They must know its gonna be a "Snow to Eskimos" strategy....who's going to believe  anything they come out with next year is  going to change views that are getting more set in stone with every week of apathetic silence that simply drifts by?

Thats what we are doing...bloody rudderless, hopelessly drifting in the Championship[.

I'm baffled by it...I honestly am....

I don't need Mr Chansiri to apologise...I simply want him to tell it how it is.....We went for it for 2 years...got it wrong...lets try and sort it...Its bloody easy to say that....

The longer he doesn't say it, the worse its going to get

Edited by asteener1867
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The bloke your quoting is spouting nonsense things have changed.

Whats changed we don't sell any corporate boxes, have no external advertising, no shirt sponsor from an external company, no stadium naming rights.

We as a club are crap at sponsorship and advertising, DC has set up some companies without any employees to get advertising income into the club and quite rightly he has been investigated for it.

DC should be putting money in as much as he can but with genuine companies, he should also be getting income from other sources and other business but you don't sell a Skoda for £100,000 so why would you expect a company to pay £48,000 for a corporate box to watch a losing team when you can pay £19,000 to watch a club in the same city that has been in and around the top of the division all season.

We could learn a lot about howto market a club from those at the dark side of the city.

But instead DC will continue to use the P%S rules as a reason for not getting more investment into the club.

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats what we are doing...bloody rudderless, hopelessly drifting in the Championship[.

I'm baffled by it...I honestly am....

I don't need Mr Chansiri to apologise...I simply want him to tell it how it is.....We went for it for 2 years...got it wrong...lets try and sort it...Its bloody easy to say that....

The longer he doesn't say it, the worse its going to get

This - it is blatantly obvious to one and all that if Chansiri doesn't change the manager we will go down. Time is running out. There are enough managers out there who could keep this squad in this division and buy Chansiri a bit of time to get the high earners off the books in the summer. Jos isn't up to it. 

Chansiri gambled badly once and it ultimately failed. Now he seems to be gambling badly again by backing Jos.

Imagine this as a scenario.

If Westwood has a clean sheet trigger, I don't know exact numbers but say he has 34 clean sheets for SWFC, his contracted bonus is 300k for 1 more clean sheet.

But FFP would go beserk, if we payed Westwood a 300k bonus and to be fair to Chansiri, perfect world scenario....He wanted Westwood to get his bonus in the Premier League.

So maybe, there's an unwillingness from Chansiri to allow Westwood to play another game. Rewarding players who have failed him.

So Jos Luhukay gets absolutely $hit on "Play Westwood, Play Westwood"....when he's NOT an SWFC player now. Chansiri won't allow it.

A new manager can not simply solve things like this.

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

If Westwood has a clean sheet trigger, I don't know exact numbers but say he has 34 clean sheets for SWFC, his contracted bonus is 300k for 1 more clean sheet.

But FFP would go beserk, if we payed Westwood a 300k bonus and to be fair to Chansiri, perfect world scenario....He wanted Westwood to get his bonus in the Premier League.

So maybe, there's an unwillingness from Chansiri to allow Westwood to play another game. Rewarding players who have failed him.

So Jos Luhukay gets absolutely $hit on "Play Westwood, Play Westwood"....when he's NOT an SWFC player now. Chansiri won't allow it.

I thought Jos had clearly stated he wasn't picking players for purely football reason? Sure someone could find the interview somewhere. For me that was his Ratner moment. 

14 minutes ago, September65 said:

This - it is blatantly obvious to one and all that if Chansiri doesn't change the manager we will go down. Time is running out. There are enough managers out there who could keep this squad in this division and buy Chansiri a bit of time to get the high earners off the books in the summer. Jos isn't up to it. 

Chansiri gambled badly once and it ultimately failed. Now he seems to be gambling badly again by backing Jos.

Can't disagree with that. Get someone in now, if only as a desperate measure to avoid a relegation nightmare on a temporary basis. We don't seem to scout the opposition, we have no fight, no tactics, no backbone, no consistency of selection. We know we have no luck and can't expect any help from referees. Megson or Laws until the end of the season would be better than what we have now.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I thought Jos had clearly stated he wasn't picking players for purely football reason? Sure someone could find the interview somewhere. For me that was his Ratner moment. 

I think a contract dispute could be a "footballing reason"

Players who come down from the premier league have been wrapped in cotton wool and treated like rolls royces, when they're old and should be grateful someones took them on.

No wonder Wilder tries to stay away from EPL buys, they won't die for the club when they've had it better elsewhere. 

21 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I suspect that you may not be far from the mark with that.

What I've heard is that Mr C is suffering with haemmoroids. He can't get on with any medication from over here and the Thai treatment (a cream made from dried rattlesnakes) is banned over here.

It's all driving him crazy to the point that he is no longer focused on the football. 

He's been told that the natives are not happy with JL but he's said that until he gets his piles sorted, he doesn't give a shyte 

There have been a number of run-ins between the club and KW at least since CC's departure and he has previous form for "going missing" if you have a little look.

He was set to, but not allowed to, leave in the summer and then there was the stuff on social media during and since that time.

His basic wage isn't high but his clean sheet bonus is - like really high in comparison.

So you have a badly behaved player who wants to live by different rules and set his own conditions for leaving??

Freezing him out whilst weighing in his potential earnings for FFP was probably the clever thing to do from the club's point of view and it suits neither of the two parties for the whole truth to get out there as happens with most of these types of things in the modern business enviroment.

It would also explain a keeness to play and an acceptance of playing whilst injured under a different manager in the past and a new management regime tightening up the rules thereafter.

I would also add that in its favour, this type of bonus probably ensures a greater involvement from the keeper in making sure those in front are best positioned etc to keep clean sheets whilst the gamble of playing when not fit really suits only the individual standing to gain such a bonus.

Edited by sonofbert2

5 hours ago, sage owl said:

If a leader of any organisation has a mixture of arrogance and ignorance of the business it's usually fatal. 

It's still not too late to get the experiencied help and advice that should have been in place from day 1.

It was in place with the triumpherant Roeder etc and we were doing well and progressing, then it simply  disintegrated, maybe becouse of bringing in Doyen, maybe the chairmans meddling, both or other reasons were not privvy to. All I know is once it broke up, recruitment took a nose dive and we couldn't even manage to do the standard football mechendising of getting it ready for the start of the season simple basics like that just smack of incompetence. 

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Then Mr C should’ve grown a pair, told the authorities to go feck themselves, played Westwood, accumulated far more points with him in goal organising the defence, then accepted the points penalty before telling the authorities to go feck themselves again and quoting allthe teams the spineless kents let off under stupid FFP results.

I guarantee we’d have ended better off points wise. 

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Whats changed we don't sell any corporate boxes, have no external advertising, no shirt sponsor from an external company, no stadium naming rights.

We as a club are crap at sponsorship and advertising, DC has set up some companies without any employees to get advertising income into the club and quite rightly he has been investigated for it.

DC should be putting money in as much as he can but with genuine companies, he should also be getting income from other sources and other business but you don't sell a Skoda for £100,000 so why would you expect a company to pay £48,000 for a corporate box to watch a losing team when you can pay £19,000 to watch a club in the same city that has been in and around the top of the division all season.

We could learn a lot about howto market a club from those at the dark side of the city.

But instead DC will continue to use the P%S rules as a reason for not getting more investment into the club.

What if we have an internal shirt sponsor who it has already been pointed out to you puts as much as he can possibly put in without breaking EFL rules.

Wait till the court case in May and you may have a very different view on how things are run at a certain Lane.

You're a new breed of stubbornly thick.

Edited by toppOwl
  • Haha 1