Kieran Lee - knee surgery

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Don't tell Pudil, Fletcher, Nuihu, Matias all will be 30+ by the end of this season but all season to be being played - I thought you said Jos does play older players????????

So, out of all my points you decide to try and get one over instead of addressing what I actually said.

Pudil has moved to CB because he doesn't have the legs anymore to be a LB. And even then he's a backup player at most. 

Same with Nuhiu. Sub. Fletcher has found some form so has earned a place. Same with Matias.

Boyd and Jones have never really had form with us. Understandable why they aren't being picked 

15 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

So, out of all my points you decide to try and get one over instead of addressing what I actually said.

Pudil has moved to CB because he doesn't have the legs anymore to be a LB. And even then he's a backup player at most. 

Same with Nuhiu. Sub. Fletcher has found some form so has earned a place. Same with Matias.

Boyd and Jones have never really had form with us. Understandable why they aren't being picked 

But the point is you are saying players over 30 are past it but this argument does not hold true if it did we would have no players in the squad over 30 and we have quite a few.

Look believe what you want but Westwood/Boyd/Abdi/Jones playing has nothing to do with his age it is plan and simple down to money.

if k lee starts training in January it might be early march under jos before he would give him u23 games , joost van aken has been training 6-7 weeks played last 4 u23s yet he is nowhere near ready according to jos yet he had a full pre season and played at wigan and sunderland before his injury , so my guess is he wont play k lee until xmas  2019 same with hooper but both are out of contract this summer so both will be leaving . 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

But the point is you are saying players over 30 are past it but this argument does not hold true if it did we would have no players in the squad over 30 and we have quite a few.

Look believe what you want but Westwood/Boyd/Abdi/Jones playing has nothing to do with his age it is plan and simple down to money.

Never said Westwood was about age. Please read my post properly in future

Did anyone really expect him to ever come back? He's buggered as is Hooper, great players but the sooner we can get these two's wages of the books the better. 

Plus if a miracle happened he'd not be half of the Keiron Lee we had before, and the boo boys would be crucofying him next. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

I had a ACL replacement when I was 34 performed by Tom Smith who was the Wednesday Orthopeadic Consultant at the time. It was the first Teflon procedure done in Sheffield and I played until I was 48. If you get the best then you can always come back. Our players haven't had the best.

If there's one of the old guard I'd love to see pull the shirt on and be capable kieron is the man, we miss the midfield metronome soooooo much, everyone is important and people are afraid of Bazza, Nando and reach going in January, but for me kieron is the one player we miss more than anyone. 

I'm so torn obviously with FFP and his contract running out at the end of the season, whilst he's still not probably going to be able to play till Feb March, where do we go from here? 

What do we do?? 

Can we offer an extension and hope for the best??? 

Do we just let him leave??? 

As I said what do we do?? 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If training in January with the amount of time he has already been will be eased back into the first team.

If he does play again this season will be into next season minimum he will be match fit and up to speed.

In training in January? So under Jos, that means 3 months playing under 23 games and then he might be available. Final game of season off the bench is the timescale me thinks!

11 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

What I don't understand is why it took so long for him to have the op.  He played in the U23s in early September - had a reaction and was clarly assessed at that point as it was announced that he'd be out until the New Year then.  So if they know what's wrong and what's required - why wait until early November to go under the knife?  He could be at least 3 weeks further into his recovery by now. 

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

Allegedly some dithering from medical professionals in appointments. 

(admittedly an unsubstantiated rumour) 

@scram is probably the best placed to answer this.

11 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

The one player we miss more than anything, someone who can go box to box and link up play so well. Really hope he can finally get himself back.

We dont half miss him. 

7 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If there's one of the old guard I'd love to see pull the shirt on and be capable kieron is the man, we miss the midfield metronome soooooo much, everyone is important and people are afraid of Bazza, Nando and reach going in January, but for me kieron is the one player we miss more than anyone. 

I'm so torn obviously with FFP and his contract running out at the end of the season, whilst he's still not probably going to be able to play till Feb March, where do we go from here? 

What do we do?? 

Can we offer an extension and hope for the best??? 

Do we just let him leave??? 

As I said what do we do?? 

Having spent the last 2 seasons paying players who never play, to offer any of those players an extension would be madness.  

We have to learn from this and can't repeat the same mistakes, yes Lee was a great player in 2016 but the chances of him coming back anywhere near that level are minimal ( if he comes back at all ) and we're not a club who can take that sort of gamble at the moment. 

It's a crying shame, but he's got to go along with the others. 

Edited by Lee A