Kieran Lee - knee surgery

17 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

What I don't understand is why it took so long for him to have the op.  He played in the U23s in early September - had a reaction and was clarly assessed at that point as it was announced that he'd be out until the New Year then.  So if they know what's wrong and what's required - why wait until early November to go under the knife?  He could be at least 3 weeks further into his recovery by now. 

NHS innit...

15 hours ago, james o connor said:

Was finished the day he had the first hip op . Long since gave up on him returning . 

When did you quailfy in accurate diagnosis of football injuries from a few miles away, having never seen the player? 

Quite niche medical work that. You ought to get an office on Harley Street. 

55 minutes ago, vulva said:

When did you quailfy in accurate diagnosis of football injuries from a few miles away, having never seen the player? 

Quite niche medical work that. You ought to get an office on Harley Street. 

I qualified in 2005 ,top of the class  I know I’m proper smart aren’t I. Next question ......

• Haha 1

Top player and a huge miss. 

Pretty sh*tty to think his Wednesday career ends with him injured and quietly released in the summer. 

Unfortunately, I think that's the most likely scenario. 

Still - a great servant and one who deserves nothing but respect. 

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Top player and a huge miss. 

Pretty sh*tty to think his Wednesday career ends with him injured and quietly released in the summer. 

Unfortunately, I think that's the most likely scenario. 

Still - a great servant and one who deserves nothing but respect. 

Really hope you're wrong mate.

I'd be really interested to know the nature of his injuries. It seems as though they have never been severe enough for him to call time on his career and he's clearly the sort of lad who will put his all into his rehab.

He would make a massive difference to our current side IMO.... real shame for the lad and SWFC if he isn't able to get back to playing.

20 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True, but you have to question why we allowed Lee to be rushed back before he was fully fit.

You'd think somebody has to have oversight and step in if the manager is getting carried away and endangering a player's long term fitness as seems to have happened here.

A manager can’t make those decisions. That’s why clubs have medical professionals who are qualified to make the decisions.

5 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

A manager can’t make those decisions. That’s why clubs have medical professionals who are qualified to make the decisions.

No, but he can certainly put pressure on to try to influence their decisions, or choose to start a player out of the blue rather than slowly ease them back in after a lengthy injury layoff.