Kieran Lee - knee surgery

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If Winnall had stayed with Derby he would have been back playing months ago with our medical staff he will do well to play again. WTF:

To be fair, we only have 3 injured players now, and they're all players who've had long term injuries - so maybe we should praise the medical staff instead??

Blaming the medical staff is such a lazy argument - the stuff last year under Carols, rushing players back etc, was a strategy implemented by the manager. Physios work for the manager. They don't have the authority to stop a player from playing, they can only consult. 

As with Jos now, a more risk averse approach has been implemented. I actually fully agree with this, and given that we only have 3 injured players now, I think it's thumbs up to the medical staff and everyone involved.

14 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

To be fair, we only have 3 injured players now, and they're all players who've had long term injuries - so maybe we should praise the medical staff instead??

Blaming the medical staff is such a lazy argument - the stuff last year under Carols, rushing players back etc, was a strategy implemented by the manager. Physios work for the manager. They don't have the authority to stop a player from playing, they can only consult. 

As with Jos now, a more risk averse approach has been implemented. I actually fully agree with this, and given that we only have 3 injured players now, I think it's thumbs up to the medical staff and everyone involved.

The thing is do we have only 3 players injured.

Fessi did not look fit on Tuesday, Fletcher has concussion so could miss at least the next game. Palmer surely cannot have been banished from the team because of his contract situation. Where is Westwood as the manager last week said he had a knee injury too. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/keiren-westwood-is-injured-reveals-under-fire-sheffield-wednesday-manager-jos-luhukay-1-9427308

Normally at most football clubs you have at anyone time 10% of your playing staff out injured normally you may have one player out with something serious.

By my count this season alone, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Fessi, JVA and a few others have all been out with knee injuries. i would be looking at the training methods and the pitches as there is something not right to have so many out with the same injury. Unless knee injury is the excuse when they don't know what the problem is.

Compare ourselves to other similar teams and were always have 3-5 players out at any point in the season.

Edited by room0035

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He was rushed back for the play off the year we lost to Huddersfield, it was said at the time he would not be fit before the next season, he has not been right since then.

Carlos was very quick to rush certain players back he did the same with Wallace and Hutch and ultimately it has finished their careers with us.

And yet when Jos tries to protect Fessi and Fletcher etc he gets criticised for it. Oh the irony right

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

And yet when Jos tries to protect Fessi and Fletcher etc he gets criticised for it. Oh the irony right

Is very simple though is it not are they injured yes then they don't play instead.

We get the war and peace garbage gobbledy rubbish answer that makes you wonder if he has a clue himself.

Lee is our most important player as far as I'm concerned, closely followed by Hooper. 

To have both of them injured for so long is galling enough; to think that we may never see either return to full fitness in a Wednesday shirt again is soul destroying.

For their own sakes, I just hope they can both find fitness again at some point, either here or elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Is very simple though is it not are they injured yes then they don't play instead.

We get the war and peace garbage gobbledy rubbish answer that makes you wonder if he has a clue himself.

Jos said from the start he wouldn't be using the older players. Boyd and Jones are cack, Abdi is non-existent, Hutch you get 3 games a season out of him, and Westwood has issues between him and the club. Don't know what everyone is expecting to be honest.

Not sure he’ll be the same after all this. Be interesting to see what happens in the summer and whether he stays with us whilst looking for a new club.

If he stopped on with a wage that reflected the scenario, assuming his alternative is playing at a lower level it may suit all parties 

2 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

What I don't understand is why it took so long for him to have the op.  He played in the U23s in early September - had a reaction and was clarly assessed at that point as it was announced that he'd be out until the New Year then.  So if they know what's wrong and what's required - why wait until early November to go under the knife?  He could be at least 3 weeks further into his recovery by now. 

We obviously still employ Dr Nick from the Simpsons on the medical team :Chansiri:

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Jos said from the start he wouldn't be using the older players. Boyd and Jones are cack, Abdi is non-existent, Hutch you get 3 games a season out of him, and Westwood has issues between him and the club. Don't know what everyone is expecting to be honest.

Don't tell Pudil, Fletcher, Nuihu, Matias all will be 30+ by the end of this season but all season to be being played - I thought you said Jos does play older players????????

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Lee is our most important player as far as I'm concerned, closely followed by Hooper. 

To have both of them injured for so long is galling enough; to think that we may never see either return to full fitness in a Wednesday shirt again is soul destroying.

For their own sakes, I just hope they can both find fitness again at some point, either here or elsewhere.

Yes, and some of the blame to the chairman for recent events has ignored that some of our best players have broken down for over 12 months.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yes, and some of the blame to the chairman for recent events has ignored that some of our best players have broken down for over 12 months.

True, but you have to question why we allowed Lee to be rushed back before he was fully fit.

You'd think somebody has to have oversight and step in if the manager is getting carried away and endangering a player's long term fitness as seems to have happened here.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is do we have only 3 players injured.

That's what the manager said

Fletcher has concussion so could miss at least the next game.

Really? Player bangs head, must be medical staffs fault. 

Where is Westwood as the manager last week said hehad a knee injury too. 

I think everyone with a brain knows that the Westwood situation has pet shop all to do with injury. 

By my count this season alone, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Fessi, JVA and a few others have all been out with knee injuries

Winnall, Hooper and Lee are all long term injury concerns. They are at more risk of fresh injuries occurring during their recovery...which is what has happened. 

Van Aken fits into the above category as well, in my opinion. 

FF's recent injury was a hamstring injury, picked up during Bristol game

Pudil's last injury was a broken nose

It's not an exact science, you look at it far too simplistically. I think it's disingenuous for people to just blindly blame the medical staff when in all likeliness neither you, nor I , know the first thing about physiotherapy and treating athletes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True, but you have to question why we allowed Lee to be rushed back before he was fully fit.

You'd think somebody has to have oversight and step in if the manager is getting carried away and endangering a player's long term fitness as seems to have happened here.

I don’t think that’s the owners job per se. But the manager and the spat with medical staff probably says it all. The manager was given the keys to do it his way and ruined half the squad.

I think there are plenty of areas where our owner could’ve prevented us being in such a mess. But I think if we’d had more of our key assets fit over the last 18 months, it may have been easier to sell one or two without the threat of relegation as a result 

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

That's what the manager said

Really? Player bangs head, must be medical staffs fault. 

I think everyone with a brain knows that the Westwood situation has pet shop all to do with injury. 

Winnall, Hooper and Lee are all long term injury concerns. They are at more risk of fresh injuries occurring during their recovery...which is what has happened. 

Van Aken fits into the above category as well, in my opinion. 

FF's recent injury was a hamstring injury, picked up during Bristol game

Pudil's last injury was a broken nose

It's not an exact science, you look at it far too simplistically. I think it's disingenuous for people to just blindly blame the medical staff when in all likeliness neither you, nor I , know the first thing about physiotherapy and treating athletes. 

But then look at this season as an example.

How many players have been declared fit by our medical team only to break down in training on their first game back.

Hooper was fit played 3 under 23 games in a little over a week then get injured again. Is it the management and coaches decided to play players or is it the medical staff as every interview I read from Jos he always seems to state its the medical staff telling him if players are ready or not.

JVA has had 4 come back so far this season for what was an ankle problem he had surgery for last season, players with ACL or ligaments at other clubs have been out less time that JVA.