League 1 tactics with a top end Chapionship squad.

Reach in central midfield, in forward midfield and attack?

Penney in midfield?

Jaoa in the midfield tracking back?

Nuhiu on the right?

Lees expected to ping it about like flippingPogba

Fletcher expected to run 50 yards and Reach to have a whack as our only attacking options

We've scored about 4 times inside the box

Must admit tactics arnt my strongest point but fk me im not blind

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Guest LittleG
54 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood, Fessi, Reach, Bannan, Lees, Joao

If Fit Hooper, Lee, Winnall

Looking to the future Dawson, Penney, Wildsmith

I agree with FF, BB And Reach, the rest no. But it's all about opinions.

I get that the football being played at the minute isn't great, but sacking a manager every 9 months isn't the answer either. We have to have a bigger plan than just the next game. Bring in youth, get rid of ridiculous contracts, move on injury prone players, sell on bad signings, bring through youth players. All this takes time. I think Jos got it wrong against Norwich, wrong tactics and personnel. At the lane though he got it right. QPR was bad too. But before that we were doing well and his tactics were working. I think Patience is the answer as i think Jos believes in the long term plan. What i would suggest is looking at coaching staff, Gray might be leaving fulhams backroom soon so why not see if he wants a role back at Hillsborough working on the defense. I really want Jos to stay as i think he gets what is needed. A complete rebuild and change in strategy.

43 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

When do ours usually come out?

You'd expect them to be available well in advance of Xmas. The naughty kids can receive them instead of a lump of coal

most other teams are coming out now, last year it was the 5th December.

But unless you are paying on a credit card at that point your next pay day is probably December or Xmas, bring them out now and you could get them end of November. 

17 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I agree with FF, BB And Reach, the rest no. But it's all about opinions.

All the players when fit and playing would improve 90% of the teams in our league just because we have a manager who does not like players does' not suddenly make this players rubbish players or past it.

Carlos didn't play Venancio Jos comes in and he was our best most consistent player last year.

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

What is there to be positive about?

The football it utter shlte. Anyone who goes to games can see it.

Its the club loyalists who get up my nose the most on here. Stifling opinion.

Explain to me what is wrong with being loyal to the club I have support all mylife ..

I know we have gone through hard times but my loyalty to SWFC has never diminished..

Are you sure you are on the correct web site ?

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I've been loyal to the club for the last 50 years. I'm not ashamed of that.

Being loyal doesn't mean I agree with everything that has gone on at the club over that time. In fact only for short periods have I considered things to be good. Being loyal means standing by the club even when you don't agree with something. I will never support another club.

Don't criticise loyal fans, I thought that's what we all were. I'm surprised you don't consider yourself a loyal fan.

I don't understand how anyone on here is stifling opinion. What has anyone stopped you posting? I'm free to post what I like within the forums guidelines, I thought we all were. Maybe you just object to people disagreeing with you, now that would be stifling opinion. If that's the case get used to it, It's called debate.

It’s a bit ambiguous as to what loyalty is Some people suggest that this squad is not good enough to challenge for promotion, and in the circumstances, Jos is doing a pretty good job. Some on the other hand, me included, think that we have the players, but not the coach. Which group would be deemed the loyalists?

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a bit ambiguous as to what loyalty is Some people suggest that this squad is not good enough to challenge for promotion, and in the circumstances, Jos is doing a pretty good job. Some on the other hand, me included, think that we have the players, but not the coach. Which group would be deemed the loyalists?

The question regarding loyalty seems to stem from part of beholders post "Its the club loyalists who get up my nose the most on here. Stifling opinion."

He clearly states club loyalists, so to my mind what loyalty is in this context is not ambiguous.

Club loyalty is being loyal to the club, not to a particular manager, player, owner or anything else.

It's loyalty to Sheffield Wednesday.

UTO

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The question regarding loyalty seems to stem from part of beholders post "Its the club loyalists who get up my nose the most on here. Stifling opinion."

He clearly states club loyalists, so to my mind what loyalty is in this context is not ambiguous.

Club loyalty is being loyal to the club, not to a particular manager, player, owner or anything else.

It's loyalty to Sheffield Wednesday.

UTO

Not ever breathing a critical thought against the owners or manager and aggressively shutting down those who do is what I refer to as 'club loyalist.'

Please don't confuse it with supporter or fan.

Perhaps I should find a different term. I know how pedandic people are on here. 

If by "top end" championship squad, you mean capable of challenging for the top 3/4, I disagree. 

But when you consider Stuart Gray had a weaker team competing comfortably in midtable, then I don't see how anyone can say we're not underperforming. 

We shouldn't be 17th with the players we have. For me, Jos is doing them no favours. His tactics are hindering many.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We've bottomed out after buying for NOW, rather than buying for the FUTURE.

We don't have the players. We need to develop them or wait for them to return from injury.

Paitence is a rare trait in football. Norwich showed patience with Daniel Farke, their youth are now thriving.

Oh Farke off! 

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Not ever breathing a critical thought against the owners or manager and aggressively shutting down those who do is what I refer to as 'club loyalist.'

I think most of the replies to your post were in reference to the part where you stated club loyalists were stifling opinion and disagreed with it in that context. I certainly did.

Also as I said in my previous reply I couldn't understand your reasoning with the stifling bit as it's a forum.

14 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

If by "top end" championship squad, you mean capable of challenging for the top 3/4, I disagree. 

But when you consider Stuart Gray had a weaker team competing comfortably in midtable, then I don't see how anyone can say we're not underperforming. 

We shouldn't be 17th with the players we have. For me, Jos is doing them no favours. His tactics are hindering many.

I don’t think at this moment Stuart Grays team was weaker. It had Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee and Hutchinson also A good Mcgugen as the spine of the team. 

26 minutes ago, Beholder said:

OK accepting that you didn't mean loyalist. I still don't understand how anyone is "aggressively shutting down debate". Can you explain who is shutting down debate and how they are doing it?

I'm not shutting down debate on this subject for instance, I'm asking you to clarify what you mean. Personally I've never seen anyone shut down a debate on here and I can't believe you would allow anyone to shut you up if you had a point to make.

The whole point of Owlstalk is to talk about the club and football, that leads to discussion and debate but provided we keep it civil it's open to everyone to say what they want.

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is basically what is happening under this manager.

Last time I saw us play like we are playing now was under Sturrock in the Championship before he was sacked.

Inferior players, graft over quality, can't string a pass together,  defence over attack....all this when we have high quality players who could come together and play proper attacking football and win games.

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

If only we had a chairman who could see it.

He spends to much time worrying about the opposition rather than focussing on our strengths.  Rather than building confidence this undermines it and the players go out scared to play. We need to change our approach and go out with positivity.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

OK accepting that you didn't mean loyalist. I still don't understand how anyone is "aggressively shutting down debate". Can you explain who is shutting down debate and how they are doing it?

I'm not shutting down debate on this subject for instance, I'm asking you to clarify what you mean. Personally I've never seen anyone shut down a debate on here and I can't believe you would allow anyone to shut you up if you had a point to make.

The whole point of Owlstalk is to talk about the club and football, that leads to discussion and debate but provided we keep it civil it's open to everyone to say what they want.

I was responding to Outlaw Pete's first post in the thread that suggested that all the critic are pigs 

Standard kind of accusation from the 'club men' 

Supporting a football team is like waiting in a queue. 

If you try to push yourself to the front, you get sent straight to the back. 

We are where we should be. Don't deserve anymore or any less. 

The only quality we all need is patience. Chansiri will know when his own expectations are not being met.

• Like 1