League 1 tactics with a top end Chapionship squad.

Is basically what is happening under this manager.

Last time I saw us play like we are playing now was under Sturrock in the Championship before he was sacked.

Inferior players, graft over quality, can't string a pass together,  defence over attack....all this when we have high quality players who could come together and play proper attacking football and win games.

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

If only we had a chairman who could see it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Last time I saw us play like we are playing now was under Sturrock in the Championship before he was sacked.

Inferior players, graft over quality, can't string a pass together,  defence over attack....all this when we have high quality players who could come together and play proper attacking football and win games.

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

100% agree - this is a joke at the moment. Completely wrong tactics and negativity which then translates to moaning fans like me. The manager is providing lies to fans about what is happening at the club and he is not the only one.

I appreciate that the chairman in years 1 and 2 threw money it and gambled and we lost I cant take that we lost the gamble and Im glad we did gamble as we would have been the L1/ Champ relegation/ promotion cycle every 3-5 seasons or so. However, the lies that coming out now is disgraceful. I think the fans want honesty and when we receive an update we all know it is smoke and mirrors for the club to try and make more money somehow. 

I have no problem paying £30+ a ticket IF we are contenders and have a competitive team. However, the fans that went to pigs on Friday deserve a refund for that performance - we didnt even want to score which is madness. We do not play our best team, which is clear, we play shoddy makeshift tactics, and we are all being lied to from manager and chairman alike. Why should we pay the most in championship to watch 15th best. Its disgusting and as mentioned I would happily pay top money to watch top team. 

The whole club needs shaking and looking at from the top down if they want the fans onside for the oncoming financial crisis. We need more honesty and transparency if they want people to buy a ticket to watch us ship 12 goals in five games. We have to play our best team and we have to get the chairman to be realistic.  Dont pretend we are going up, as he did, when it is obvious we wont and wont play our best players just to sell more extravagantly priced tickets - the fans feel robbed because you tried to upsell an obviously bad situation.

We've bottomed out after buying for NOW, rather than buying for the FUTURE.

We don't have the players. We need to develop them or wait for them to return from injury.

Paitence is a rare trait in football. Norwich showed patience with Daniel Farke, their youth are now thriving.

Mediocre tactics with a mediocre squad. I don’t think Boyd and Jones are going to come in and enable this proper attacking football. Our squad is crushingly average without the likes of Hooper, Lee and Forestieri. Even with them it’s got glaring gaps that mean it is not too end.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

Innit so

23 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

The manager is providing lies to fans about what is happening at the club and he is not the only one.

However, the lies that coming out now is disgraceful. I think the fans want honesty and when we receive an update we all know it is smoke and mirrors for the club to try and make more money somehow. 

and we are all being lied to from manager and chairman alike. 

Wow, thats a lot of lying innit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Beholder said:

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

Oh no please not another moaning thread.

We should rename Owlstalk to Owlsmoan.

I honestly believe that the majority of bloggers here on Owlstalk very rarely attend a game home or away.

Or is it over-run with Blunts here to take the wee wee.

Ask yourself, if you were the manager of Leeds, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Derby, West Brom etc. how many of our players would you be remotely interested in signing? We have a handful of top performers at this level (two of whom the current manager hasn't even had the chance to pick once in his 10 months at the club), a few who once were or have the potential to be in the future, but the bulk of them are decidedly average. And a number of them are not reliable from the standpoint of avoiding injury. The delusion that we should be competing at the top is a problem that some supporters need to come to terms with in order to gauge more appropriately how we are competing at the moment.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, outlaw pete said:

Oh no please not another moaning thread.

We should rename Owlstalk to Owlsmoan.

I honestly believe that the majority of bloggers here on Owlstalk very rarely attend a game home or away.

Or is it over-run with Blunts here to take the wee wee.

What is there to be positive about?

The football it utter shlte. Anyone who goes to games can see it.

Its the club loyalists who get up my nose the most on here. Stifling opinion.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Ask yourself, if you were the manager of Leeds, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Derby, West Brom etc. how many of our players would you be remotely interested in signing? We have a handful of top performers at this level (two of whom the current manager hasn't even had the chance to pick once in his 10 months at the club), a few who once were or have the potential to be in the future, but the bulk of them are decidedly average. And a number of them are not reliable from the standpoint of avoiding injury. The delusion that we should be competing at the top is a problem that some supporters need to come to terms with in order to gauge more appropriately how we are competing at the moment.

The players have been devalued by being played out of position or not played at all.

Just because they aren't played, it doesn't mean their ability to play lessens.

The perception of them by club loyalists may lessen though and they aren't allowed the chance to redress that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

Looking at those training pictures from yesterday, the first thing that struck me was just how many top end Championship players there were and how a decent manager would have the basis of a good squad.

Oh well, never mind. Parking the bus on Friday night will have earned the manager at least another 3/4 matches.

• Like 1

Just now, Beholder said:

What is there to be positive about?

The football it utter shlte. Anyone who goes to games can see it.

Its the club loyalists who get up my nose the most on here. Stifling opinion.

We had four academy players playing at Bramhall Lane last week.

The last time this happened was in the days of Jack Charlton.

To me that's a BIG positive at S6.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

I partly agree, especially about the tactics - I do think we now have a lack of quality across the team though with the loss of some of the ageing players.

Some of the younger players do show promise but are going to be inconsistent due to their age and lack of experience.

We also need a captain who actually is a captain.

Edited by Spookone

I agree with almost all of what Beholder says.

The hapless Luhukay should be achieving far more than this.

But there is no basic organisation, no style of play and constant needlesss changes.  And as for the use of substitutions !!!!!

My only point of difference is that I would not go as far back as PS who in fairness was given very little funding.

I would cite the football under Irvine.

I am sure there will be many on here who still bear the scars of the absolute mullerings Irvine's team received at Swindon, Exeter and Leyton Orient, etc.

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Looking at those training pictures from yesterday, the first thing that struck me was just how many top end Championship players there were and how a decent manager would have the basis of a good squad.

Oh well, never mind. Parking the bus on Friday night will have earned the manager at least another 3/4 matches.

FIVE AT THE BACK AT THE LANE.

PARKING THE BUS THE LUHUKAY WAY.

:luhukay: