Has Jos lied to us about Westy

17 hours ago, bronxowl said:

This clown has totally ruined any chance we had of getting in the play offs with

his stupid selections, substitutions, leaving good players out, even in 

under 23 matches.

He still doesn’t know his best 11 and constantly changes the line up week after week.

Seems to me that if a player is outspoken for whatever reason he’s out forever.

We’re already miles of the top six now and no plan to get back up there.

FFS, SACK HIM NOW AND GET SOMEONE IN THAT KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.

I'm assuming you were posting the exact same thing 3 weeks ago?

18 hours ago, handworth52 said:

that call regards westwood was one of the best callers to football heaven in ages totally spot on exactly what I and 95% of supporters are saying and thinking . ive listened to every jos press interview on the subject , he says dawson and wildsmith are our future and that's why he going with them , well if that's true then why is wildsmith not playing and today and 2weeks ago he played for the u23s and was shocking . wildsmith needs a year on loan to gain experience he aint ready yet nowhere near , so that's why he aint dropped dawson . he has backed himself into a corner regards westwood ,a massive massive mistake which for certain will cost him his job.

You can't just send a player on loan there has to be interest. All teams have a goalkeeper and judging on his recent form, pretty much all of them will be better than Wildsmith.

18 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm a Jos fan but he's covering something up. Probably appearance or clean sheet bonus. Probably both. Wont sign a new contract that would take these out even with 1 more year so will just run out his contract is my guess.  Not buying that Jos says he's not seen him play. He could have assessed past matches, look at the pre-season and he would see he is our best keeper this season. No-one can say that Wildsmith and Dawson are better over the last 12 months. It is just a contract issue

you could put lev yashin and banks in the nets together and they wouldn't get much clean sheet bonus with our defence.

Not saying this is true or even possible, but what if this all related to the embargo we were under?

As I understood it we had to show a plan on how we were going to bring spending under control in future years, maybe the plan put forward was an increased emphasis on putting youth and home grown players into squad.

Maybe Jos has had this forced on him to include a certain number of development players in match day squad? 

Only reason I can comprehend for having such inexperienced options from bench like we had Saturday.

Could be the goal keepers are the easiest option to boost the quota?

• Like 1

Let me begin by saying that I have no inside information on why Westwood is not playing in the first team.I know nothing about his contract other that it expires this June or how many days he trains, or why he should miss training..

But I do know that last season he was at times awful.

His distribution was poor, constantly kicking the ball in to touch he looked over weight and was unbelievably slow at keeping the game flowing.. Our former captain more than once told him to shut up and get on with the game.

Would the team be any better with him playing in goal ? I doubt if he is currently fit enough to play championship football.

18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

And..Then what?

Get who?

Allardyce...McCarthy?

"How much are you paying?"

DC.."Well I was actually hoping you could give us a bridgin' loan until..

I mean FFS!, we are out of options aren't we..

No we’re not out of options. Keeping Dross at the helm is the worst option on the table. 

16 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

If that's the case tell us. I bought my season ticket thinking we would play our best players and eve get some new better ones. That's what I was told. Almost obtaining property by deception. 

And expanding your post...…. what will season ticket sales be like next year?

15 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Ive heard hes one appearance away from an extension apparently

At 139 games? why  139 games? That number just doesn't make sense. A % off a season would make sense, 100 games would make sense, 150 would, but why 139?

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

Let me begin by saying that I have no inside information on why Westwood is not playing in the first team.I know nothing about his contract other that it expires this June or how many days he trains, or why he should miss training..

But I do know that last season he was at times awful.

His distribution was poor, constantly kicking the ball in to touch he looked over weight and was unbelievably slow at keeping the game flowing.. Our former captain more than once told him to shut up and get on with the game.

Would the team be any better with him playing in goal ? I doubt if he is currently fit enough to play championship football.

Saw him in town back end of August. Looks in great condition for his age. 

14 hours ago, Standidno said:

Westwood has only ever trained 2 or 3 times a week for us. Maybe Jos wants more committed players.

Is this a fact? If so do you know why he only trains 2/3 times a week? As far as I recall he wasn't some old age pensioner and a "cripple" off any sort when we signed him, so by training 2/3 a week, would he not be in breach off his contract? Also, Does anyone have any idea why we seem to have the longest injury list ever known too man kind? and once a SWFC player is injured, we never seem to see them again? This is going back to when I first started watching, and It always seemed like Hirst and Chamberlin were never on the pitch together for a long run.

17 minutes ago, Titanic said:

At 139 games? why  139 games? That number just doesn't make sense. A % off a season would make sense, 100 games would make sense, 150 would, but why 139?

It might be a round number of games since his last renewal?

Jos hasn’t lied.

Don’t think he’s told the whole truth of the situation either. 

Same with the other out of favours like Westwood Hutchinson, Abdi, Jones, Boyd etc

As supporters we’re not entitled to know of course but an explanation would put a stop to some of the wilder speculation.

I think the problem with Westwood is you’re talking about an English football fans opinion of a player vs the opinion of someone who more than likely has/had very little knowledge of players outside the Premier League before he came here.

It’d be stupid to suggest a British coach with the same mentality as Jos wouldn’t have sat Westwood down and got him back in the team. He would’ve been our number one under a Pulis or McCarthy.

Whichever way you see it, good or bad, the fact is we’re managed by a bloke who has very little knowledge of player reputation at this level. Just see how he’s treat the majority of senior pros that were fans favourites before he came. 

The likes of Westwood and Hutchinson aren’t going to make the 11 unless they go back to proving their worth, like the Dev Squad players have had to. That’s all he bases his selection on. Who’s fit and who wants it Monday to Friday. 

Its not how i’d imagine a McCarthy or Pulis to manage Wednesday. But it’s a byproduct of foreign managers coming in with no knowledge of the league. I’d imagine Wolves fans were questioning their managers selections at times, just like we did when Carlos first came in.

The only way Jos turns the tide in his favour is results. Big ones like Arsenal helped CC out massively. My fear is though a Luhukay team doesn’t seem to have big performances like that in it.