Has Jos lied to us about Westy

2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I am seriously bored senseless with the Westwood debate end of day the new way at Hillsborough is to sign 19-24 yr olds so that clearly sends the message that we intend to lower the age of the squad and build again for future we are now a work in progress not an instant success team. It’s a case of waiting game for next few seasons I recon until then enjoy what we have. 

Whilst most of us agree with that as a long term approach - there is a balance to be had. Where you have experienced players in their final year at least use them as you are flippin paying them so to help the team and bringing on gradually the younger players 

What I've heard is this.

When Jos came here Westwood was injured, so he utilized the youngsters.

Westwood was supposed to be going, 100%, so he promised the youngsters the shirts.

But then Westwood didn't go.

As the senior (and best) keeper in the club, if not in the division, he expected to be reinstated as numero uno.

But Jostle had already, prematurely, made his promises and was not prepared to recant.

This poisoned the Jos/Westwood relationship, and so we're where we currently are.

The only way Westwood will be reinstated is if Jos gets his marching orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He'll not tell you who to bring in or who he'll bring in when he wants the next manager sacking after about 30 games 

Sick of hearing who’s coming in, there’s always somebody capable, you just have to 

have the good knowledge to look right without paying big wages.

Look at Warnock wannabe, he’s come in and worked wonders.

You happy clappers are all “let’s carry on with this mug and see what happens”

There’s an old saying, ( carry on doing what you’ve always done, and get what you’ve always got)

12 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

This clown has totally ruined any chance we had of getting in the play offs with

his stupid selections, substitutions, leaving good players out, even in 

under 23 matches.

He still doesn’t know his best 11 and constantly changes the line up week after week.

Seems to me that if a player is outspoken for whatever reason he’s out forever.

We’re already miles of the top six now and no plan to get back up there.

FFS, SACK HIM NOW AND GET SOMEONE IN THAT KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.

Who then. 'Someone' does'nt count but then again neither does your agenda. Again all speculation without an ounce of factual proof. But then again your airing your views in the best place, which is on here. Quite a few will be able understand where your coming from because they know jack shii* just like you.  

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Who then. 'Someone' does'nt count but then again neither does your agenda. Again all speculation without an ounce of factual proof. But then again your airing your views in the best place, which is on here. Quite a few will be able understand where your coming from because they know jack shii* just like you.  

And you know exactly what’s going on?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I am seriously bored senseless with the Westwood debate end of day the new way at Hillsborough is to sign 19-24 yr olds so that clearly sends the message that we intend to lower the age of the squad and build again for future we are now a work in progress not an instant success team. It’s a case of waiting game for next few seasons I recon until then enjoy what we have. 

My worry is that the club pushes forward the kids and 'trusted' pros who may not be the best players at the club, in an experiment for a different long-term strategy, which may fail this season as they are either not good enough or not ready.

We will be asked to give them time and space, although if we drift towards the bottom we may need to act and Jos could end up out of a job and the strategy up shitte creek.

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ive not heard him say that 

I've heard him say that his Keepers are Dawson and Wildsmith he largely swerves any comment about Westwood 

Surely you have to ask why the "swerves" then/...don't you?

If Westwood is injured, not match fit etc....Jos would say that wouldn't he?

Same as he says about Lee, abdi, Hooper etc....

Jos has seemingly no problem bringing youngsters in for more experienced players...Baker before Boyd, almost anyone before Jones and Hutchinson....

Thats either an ongoing plan to get the youngsters up to speed as quickly as possible, or deliberately ignoring players who maybe could do a better job at the minute...

The lack of answers leads folk to their own conclusions, whether it be appearance fees or fall outs.....

Just answer the f.ookin' question............... if its fall outs, there is no problem, cos any Wednesday fan worth his salt will back a manager against a player refusing to do what we are paying silly money out for him to do..He would become a pariah immediately.

But answer there come none..bar we ALL know what the f.ook a fortnight is now don't we?..

Its the time it takes the club to answer a simple bloody question!

30 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He has clearly stated that on the evidence of his eyes that Dawson is the best, Wildsmith is the second best, and that Westwood is third best.

Unless Westwood’s form has dropped off a cliff then either that is delusional, or a lie.

Think it is completely counterproductive to publicly state that you have a pecking order for a position. Shirts should always be up for grabs to keep competition imo gay players. Think Jos’s man management is awful as played out through recent performances/results. As soon as we concede heads drop. You would like to think that moves are being made behind the scenes to get the players motivated for the next match but Jos is neither the disciplinarian he was touted as nor a man to get players head’s up. His interviews inspire zero confidence and he cannot effect to course of events. In summary he isn’t the bloke to pull us out of this latest mess.

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Westwood fessi and hutch. All better than what’s in the team at the moment. 

So whose ole decision is it that they are not playing?

chairman or manager?

time for some thrush at S6

I’d love them all to be starting next Friday I know that much. 

53 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He has clearly stated that on the evidence of his eyes that Dawson is the best, Wildsmith is the second best, and that Westwood is third best.

Unless Westwood’s form has dropped off a cliff then either that is delusional, or a lie.

A bit harsh just because you disagree with his summing up of a player doesn't make him delusional or a liar.  A difference of opinion that's all. 

48 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ive not heard him say that 

I've heard him say that his Keepers are Dawson and Wildsmith he largely swerves any comment about Westwood 

I heard him say something like that in august regards westwood 3rd choice ,but that was then ,since then id say they don't even look at each other. the only way westwood and others like Hutchinson,boyd,abdi etc will ever play for us again is if jos leaves . the injury situation this season aint going to get better ,we might get forestieri back we might not , then maybe 1-2 other will join the injury list that's why its so criminal what jos is doing regards not using these players ,we are in a desperate situation regards fit players ,its not the answer to ask young kids like shaw,lee,hunt,kirby etc to play a mans game in the championship these lads need to properly develop with the u18 u23s and when ready a short or longer term loan would do them good. penney,thornily dawson got some experience and it has helped there development . 

I've a feeling the old pros out of contract in the summer aren't been picked becouse of the chairman. 

Ahh we can't blame the chairman without any evidence he's our saviour you say.... 

Well the evidence is quite clear, remember that George kid, we can't mention anymore, we'll he wouldn't sign a new contract and was going to leave, so we refused to let him play for a year?? Ring any bells?? 

Now some on here said, "well it makes sense, let's concentrate on the lads who will be here and playing for us next year, stuff him". 

This is the point I'm making, maybe we're not playing most of this lot becouse they're gone in the summer and we can't sign anyone, so we're trying to get others up to speed, though hutch is a strange one as I think he's contracted till the end of next season still?? 

26 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Surely you have to ask why the "swerves" then/...don't you?

If Westwood is injured, not match fit etc....Jos would say that wouldn't he?

Same as he says about Lee, abdi, Hooper etc....

Jos has seemingly no problem bringing youngsters in for more experienced players...Baker before Boyd, almost anyone before Jones and Hutchinson....

Thats either an ongoing plan to get the youngsters up to speed as quickly as possible, or deliberately ignoring players who maybe could do a better job at the minute...

The lack of answers leads folk to their own conclusions, whether it be appearance fees or fall outs.....

Just answer the f.ookin' question............... if its fall outs, there is no problem, cos any Wednesday fan worth his salt will back a manager against a player refusing to do what we are paying silly money out for him to do..He would become a pariah immediately.

But answer there come none..bar we ALL know what the f.ook a fortnight is now don't we?..

Its the time it takes the club to answer a simple bloody question!

That wasn't the point of my thread 

The caller said he had lied to us when in reality all he's done is not tell us all the truth of the matter 

I'd like to know but i don't feel i have a right to know as was also asserted 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

All i've heard Jos say on Westwood is that at first he was injured which Westwood said he was as well so thats not a lie 

Then he said he had chosen to go with Dawson and Wildsmith 

I dont see where he's lied as he's been accused of on Footy Heaven tonight he just hasn't told us why he chose to go that way 

Father Christmas still comes doesn't he?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Jos hasn’t lied, and even if he had it’s clear for all to see what’s going on.

He’s frozen out Westwood, he’s frozen out Hutchinson and I’d be willing to be Forestieri will be next on his list.

FF next on the goal bonus list, let’s see how long this injury lasts lol 

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Of course he is entitled to his opinion. As I have many times before I find the fact that is his opinion frightening.

48 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What I've heard is this.

When Jos came here Westwood was injured, so he utilized the youngsters.

Westwood was supposed to be going, 100%, so he promised the youngsters the shirts.

But then Westwood didn't go.

As the senior (and best) keeper in the club, if not in the division, he expected to be reinstated as numero uno.

But Jostle had already, prematurely, made his promises and was not prepared to recant.

This poisoned the Jos/Westwood relationship, and so we're where we currently are.

The only way Westwood will be reinstated is if Jos gets his marching orders.

Makes a lot of sense.