Has Jos lied to us about Westy

All i've heard Jos say on Westwood is that at first he was injured which Westwood said he was as well so thats not a lie 

Then he said he had chosen to go with Dawson and Wildsmith 

I dont see where he's lied as he's been accused of on Footy Heaven tonight he just hasn't told us why he chose to go that way 

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He has clearly stated that on the evidence of his eyes that Dawson is the best, Wildsmith is the second best, and that Westwood is third best.

Unless Westwood’s form has dropped off a cliff then either that is delusional, or a lie.

Ive not heard him say that 

I've heard him say that his Keepers are Dawson and Wildsmith he largely swerves any comment about Westwood 

that call regards westwood was one of the best callers to football heaven in ages totally spot on exactly what I and 95% of supporters are saying and thinking . ive listened to every jos press interview on the subject , he says dawson and wildsmith are our future and that's why he going with them , well if that's true then why is wildsmith not playing and today and 2weeks ago he played for the u23s and was shocking . wildsmith needs a year on loan to gain experience he aint ready yet nowhere near , so that's why he aint dropped dawson . he has backed himself into a corner regards westwood ,a massive massive mistake which for certain will cost him his job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ive not heard him say that 

I've heard him say that his Keepers are Dawson and Wildsmith he largely swerves any comment about Westwood 

He said that he had seen all the keepers in training and that the best two were Dawson and Wildsmith.......by definition Westwood is the third best n his eyes.

its all smoke and mirrors and “economical with the truth” is probably a better description than the word “lie”

Edited by upperwinngardensowl

I'm a Jos fan but he's covering something up. Probably appearance or clean sheet bonus. Probably both. Wont sign a new contract that would take these out even with 1 more year so will just run out his contract is my guess.  Not buying that Jos says he's not seen him play. He could have assessed past matches, look at the pre-season and he would see he is our best keeper this season. No-one can say that Wildsmith and Dawson are better over the last 12 months. It is just a contract issue

I reckon Jos would say this if we tortured him...

Right, here you go lads. Westy is a bit of a big head and a Mardy arse, im a disciplinarian, if he doesn't play by my rules, he doesn't play, I'm trying to foster a culture here of team spirit and togetherness. Now, if I were to say that publicly, any slim chance of selling him in January (bearing in mind nobody would touch him in the summer with the wages he's currently on) would be dead and buried and we all know we need money in. 

Dawson has not kept a clean sheet, yet has made the most saves in the league, that should tell you it's not all the keepers fault, so give the kid a break FFS.

• Like 3

This clown has totally ruined any chance we had of getting in the play offs with

his stupid selections, substitutions, leaving good players out, even in 

under 23 matches.

He still doesn’t know his best 11 and constantly changes the line up week after week.

Seems to me that if a player is outspoken for whatever reason he’s out forever.

We’re already miles of the top six now and no plan to get back up there.

FFS, SACK HIM NOW AND GET SOMEONE IN THAT KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm a Jos fan but he's covering something up. Probably appearance or clean sheet bonus. Probably both. Wont sign a new contract that would take these out even with 1 more year so will just run out his contract is my guess.  Not buying that Jos says he's not seen him play. He could have assessed past matches, look at the pre-season and he would see he is our best keeper this season. No-one can say that Wildsmith and Dawson are better over the last 12 months. It is just a contract issue

Clean sheet bonus 

WTF:

• Haha 5

I am seriously bored senseless with the Westwood debate end of day the new way at Hillsborough is to sign 19-24 yr olds so that clearly sends the message that we intend to lower the age of the squad and build again for future we are now a work in progress not an instant success team. It’s a case of waiting game for next few seasons I recon until then enjoy what we have. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

This clown has totally ruined any chance we had of getting in the play offs with

his stupid selections, substitutions, leaving good players out, even in 

under 23 matches.

He still doesn’t know his best 11 and constantly changes the line up week after week.

Seems to me that if a player is outspoken for whatever reason he’s out forever.

We’re already miles of the top six now and no plan to get back up there.

FFS, SACK HIM NOW AND GET SOMEONE IN THAT KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.

And..Then what?

Get who?

Allardyce...McCarthy?

"How much are you paying?"

DC.."Well I was actually hoping you could give us a bridgin' loan until..

I mean FFS!, we are out of options aren't we..

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Jos hasn’t lied, and even if he had it’s clear for all to see what’s going on.

He’s frozen out Westwood, he’s frozen out Hutchinson and I’d be willing to be Forestieri will be next on his list.

Westwood isn't the force he once was however even I admit he'd probably be a better short term option .

hutchinson is a Crock who's finished . He isn't capable of professional football anymore . 

Forestieri is banned or injured constantly , how can he be picked ?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

And..Then what?

Get who?

Allardyce...McCarthy?

"How much are you paying?"

DC.."Well I was actually hoping you could give us a bridgin' loan until..

I mean FFS!, we are out of options aren't we..

He'll not tell you who to bring in or who he'll bring in when he wants the next manager sacking after about 30 games