Has Jos lied to us about Westy

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Did anyone confirm that Westwood REFUSED  to play for the U23's when we were at our lowest last January when Jos was struggling to  put a side together...some fuckingteam mate

There are always rumours around football clubs thanks to that tragic percentage of the population that like attention or to wind people up. When there's a sense of crisis or disappointment in the air, this is magnified many times over. So who knows what the truth is? But clearly something off the field is behind Westwood's absence and there are a handful of stories that keep being speculated about, including that one.

He seems the type who would leave the fridge door open then argue like mad he didn't when everyone knows it was him and it could only be him and the only reason anyone knew it was left open in the first place because he was the one  kicking off it was left open and that the milk for his Frosties had gone off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

He seems the type who would leave the fridge door open then argue like mad he didn't when everyone knows it was him and it could only be him and the only reason anyone knew it was left open in the first place because he was the one  kicking off it was left open and that the milk for his Frosties had gone off.

lol 

Just now, A12owl said:

I didn't think that anybody would be reading the posts at this time of night. Thought it would be safe to post some sense.

Go to bed @cognacbarnowl it's late.

Awww c'mon fella. Pleeeeease, let me stay up a bit more. Pleeeease ??? I've got no school tomorrow lol 

FFP
FFS

I actually suffer from chronic insomnia mate. I'm now trying to catch a dose of amnesia so that I can forget I've got insomnia and get some feckin sleep.

And I forget my homework but I'll do it before brekkies in the morning.  (Could that be the first signs of amnesia kicking in ?  ) lol 

UTO
FTB
FFP
FFS
WTF????????

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

...at which point we'd get six months if we're lucky out of a disillusioned and narky Westwood, before having to find TWO halfway decent replacements for no money at some point in the next 12 months because there's no way we could turn back to Dawson and Wildsmith after mugging them off over a daft tiff that went way above their heads.

Agree your scenario sounds realistic, but either way we really need to accept the status quo now and move on. If the club attempt a u-turn at this stage it'd be an absolute train wreck for all involved.

I'm not applauding the way it's gone down, but pragmatism is our best bet at this point.

That's perfectly fair what you say.

And I wouldn't dismiss Jos purely over the Westwood affair.

But my reasoning is this.

Even Chansiri has said that, in as many words, we don't know where we'll be after this season.

It's a last hurrah for the Westwood, Bannan, FF etc generation.

I just want us to go for it and try to make the play-offs one last time.

I'm not bothered about the style of play, I just want the goal bricking up and the defence solidifying, then apres nous le deluge.

We've nothing to lose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm a Jos fan but he's covering something up. Probably appearance or clean sheet bonus. Probably both. Wont sign a new contract that would take these out even with 1 more year so will just run out his contract is my guess.  Not buying that Jos says he's not seen him play. He could have assessed past matches, look at the pre-season and he would see he is our best keeper this season. No-one can say that Wildsmith and Dawson are better over the last 12 months. It is just a contract issue

To be fair if Westwood was playing with our defence at the moment, as brilliant as he's been for us, he wouldn't be getting no clean sheet bonus :Pelupessy:

15 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm a Jos fan but he's covering something up. Probably appearance or clean sheet bonus. Probably both. Wont sign a new contract that would take these out even with 1 more year so will just run out his contract is my guess.  Not buying that Jos says he's not seen him play. He could have assessed past matches, look at the pre-season and he would see he is our best keeper this season. No-one can say that Wildsmith and Dawson are better over the last 12 months. It is just a contract issue

How many games did he lay over the last season, say?.

16 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Jos hasn’t lied, and even if he had it’s clear for all to see what’s going on.

He’s frozen out Westwood, he’s frozen out Hutchinson and I’d be willing to be Forestieri will be next on his list.

Staggering how evil Jos alone is freezing out all of our poor senior pros, so staggering it's hard to believe it is true.

1 hour ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

If Jos really does believe that Westwood is our third choice keeper on merit/experience/ability then he is either a fool or needs some new glasses.

As a paying fan I would like some honesty, unless he believes the above. If he does I give up.

I'd give up if I were you mate ...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

There must be some sort of contractual thing going on. Such as if he plays a certain number of games it triggers a contract extension or something. And he's at the threshold. For some reason we don't want him to get that extension. Therefore he doesn't play. Thats what I reckon anyway. 

I don't get why we wouldn't want to extend his contract?

We were all delighted when Bannan signed up so why wouldn't we want one of the best keepers in the Championship to do likewise?