Has Jos lied to us about Westy

7 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The club have no choice other than to pay him obviously,  they offered him the contract he signed it . Kieran Westwood is now not allowed to play at all I’m assuming  , this in my eyes is a stupid decision made by clowns , my opinion . I believe he’s been snubbed after being one of our top performers so yes treated like dirt seems a decent shout to me , Nothing much phases me I just let the club get on  with it and try my best to support whatever but this stinks to me . 

Why do you think he's been snubbed?

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's bloody crackers ….jos as come out and said he inherited an old squad , he's trying to do summat about it while keeping the club afloat until he can shift out  the aging crocks.it's been a gripe on here for a long time that we need to change things and yet when someones favourite get left out the conspiracy theories fly around . …..players like westwood,boyd,jones ,abdi etc etc are done here and rightly so , they've had there best days and we've failed to get promoted so it's time to move on .   

Rightly so ? Can’t recall them getting any chance to prove you and Jos wrong .

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The club have no choice other than to pay him obviously,  they offered him the contract he signed it . Kieran Westwood is now not allowed to play at all I’m assuming  , this in my eyes is a stupid decision made by clowns , my opinion . I believe he’s been snubbed after being one of our top performers so yes treated like dirt seems a decent shout to me , Nothing much phases me I just let the club get on  with it and try my best to support whatever but this stinks to me . 

I didn't know he wasn't allowed to play , I just assumed he was 3rd choice behind the 2 young lads …...that's a daft decision to not use him if they get injured as he's still a decent keeper .

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

I don’t know but it’s not on ability he’s been awesome for us 

You don't know about why he's been out of favour... but you're outraged?

FFS.

He's been a good goalie for us.

The club aren't in a position to play him.

He gets a nice fat wad to see his contract out.

Look at the bigger picture Dewsbury and let the scales fall from your eyes mate .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I didn't know he wasn't allowed to play , I just assumed he was 3rd choice behind the 2 young lads …...that's a daft decision to not use him if they get injured as he's still a decent keeper .

Well I’m just saying he’s not playing that’s all and like you Torry i feel it’s a tad daft  . Some things  at the club just don’t seem right to me this being right up there !! .  

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You don't know about why he's been out of favour... but you're outraged?

FFS.

He's been a good goalie for us.

The club aren't in a position to play him.

He gets a nice fat wad to see his contract out.

Look at the bigger picture Dewsbury and let the scales fall from your eyes mate .

Haha scales !! , I see it as simple as I can Westwood is a top keeper and we aren’t playing him or even considering him a bit fishy ? Think you are playing him down saying a good goalie he’s been exceptional . 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Rightly so ? Can’t recall them getting any chance to prove you and Jos wrong .

boyd & jones played quite a few games for jos …...but ignoring that if you have a load of 30 somethings who have been here 2 to 4 seasons and havnt achieved promotion then it makes sense to think they arnt going to get any better so you get rid of them ASAP like we did with loovens & Wallace …….they'll all be released you cant possibly think they deserve new contracts . 

Just now, torryowl said:

boyd & jones played quite a few games for jos …...but ignoring that if you have a load of 30 somethings who have been here 2 to 4 seasons and havnt achieved promotion then it makes sense to think they arnt going to get any better so you get rid of them ASAP like we did with loovens & Wallace …….they'll all be released you cant possibly think they deserve new contracts . 

No I’m not saying that I’m only discussing Westwood really and I believe he is being wasted on gardening leave or whatever this bizarre situation is , yes they have to go at the end of this season of course .

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Completely agree with Loovens and Wallace (though they haven't been replaced due to poor financial planning). However, when you have 4 or 5 experienced players that aren't playing but are being paid then they should surely be considered for selection. If the team was performing without them then there wouldn't be so much debate.

Jos played Boyd & Jones last season, they weren't great but they were certainly no worse than we are performing as a team now. Jones has played 1 game against a PL team this season and was one of the better performers but not seen since. Boyd might do beter if he was tried in a position where he has played before in his fairly successful career, he might not but I doubt we will ever get the chance to find out. 

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:54, james o connor said:

Westwood isn't the force he once was however even I admit he'd probably be a better short term option .

hutchinson is a Crock who's finished . He isn't capable of professional football anymore . 

Forestieri is banned or injured constantly , how can he be picked ?

Hi Josh !

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree with Loovens and Wallace (though they haven't been replaced due to poor financial planning). However, when you have 4 or 5 experienced players that aren't playing but are being paid then they should surely be considered for selection. If the team was performing without them then there wouldn't be so much debate.

Jos played Boyd & Jones last season, they weren't great but they were certainly no worse than we are performing as a team now. Jones has played 1 game against a PL team this season and was one of the better performers but not seen since. Boyd might do beter if he was tried in a position where he has played before in his fairly successful career, he might not but I doubt we will ever get the chance to find out. 

theres no doubt in my mind that jones and boyd are better players than the young lads who are getting on the bench and some game time  and i'm sure jos thinks the same but they don't have a future here and the young lads possibly have …...if we survive this season then jos as got it right by ignoring those that will be released ,if we get relegated then he's probably got it wrong  …... 

47 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I get what your saying about 30 something players, however keeper have a longer career than most outfield player and by 30 something some keepers are coming into their prime.

I feel Westeood has a lot to offer us and hasn't been dropped on ability.

The rumour about sparking a contract extension if he reaches a number of games makes sense as to why he isn't playing.

For those who say he has been a decent keeper for us are doing him a big disservice, he has been consistently outstanding as proved by his stats which are second to non. Up until it was decided for whatever reason he would not be playing there wasn't one of us who didn't rate as anything but one of the best keepers at this level.

It's ok to support Dawson and Wildsmith but let's not down play just how good Westwood has been for us.

Edited by Blue and white

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

theres no doubt in my mind that jones and boyd are better players than the young lads who are getting on the bench and some game time  and i'm sure jos thinks the same but they don't have a future here and the young lads possibly have …...if we survive this season then jos as got it right by ignoring those that will be released ,if we get relegated then he's probably got it wrong  …... 

It's a fair idea in principle to take the club forward but it is being taken a bit too far at the moment. Some of the lads on the bench lately aren't going to come on and contribute and in games where we need points we have sometimes needed the experienced options. His substitutions against West Brom contributed to costing us 2 points and when we have needed the bench in games since then he has had nothing to turn to.

We surely have to aim for a little more than just survival even with blooding the youngsters - we will lose a not insignificant number of the 20,000 season ticket holders we have if we have a season of purely scraping by with the prices we charge.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Time to fold..and start with a new deck.

It's going to be painful but it needs to happen.

There's going to be a few favourites that win us a few points before next may but we've got to except that we're going to be a very different club in 19/20.

Embrace it , next chapter n all 

Seems a bit strange, I would have offered him the 2 year deal on renegotiated terms. He could have seen out this season, with one of the young lads coming in around spring time, then next season he could have handed over the reigns and taken a spot on the bench 

That’s what I would have done, which of course is easier said. Westwood would have to be happy on a lower wage and not guaranteed a start, but he’ll be 35/36 by then. He’ll not be going in anywhere else as number one