Has Jos lied to us about Westy

8 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Westwood seems to have removed himself from Twitter over the last few days but I remember something with Jos saying KW was injured and not avaliable for selection, KW then put out a tweet saying he was 100% fit (or something along those lines). 

He hasn't removed himself from twitter, for some reason I just couldn't find him. Anyway, here's the tweet. 

IMG_4799.PNG

Jos did lie about Westwood in pre season. I think Westwood's response as seen above may have riled Jos and that was it. Personally think the issue goes higher up than that. The treatment of one of our best players in recent history is pretty pathetic in all honesty.

I see the logic of sticking with Dawson as Westwood is no spring chicken. But when we are leaking goals like we are, questions have to be asked. The fact he's not even on the bench or not training with the squad clearly shows this is more than a footballing matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

There must be some sort of contractual thing going on. Such as if he plays a certain number of games it triggers a contract extension or something. And he's at the threshold. For some reason we don't want him to get that extension. Therefore he doesn't play. Thats what I reckon anyway. 

Hes played 138 games for us (according to WIKI) so potentially he could have some clause at 150 games maybe. Pure speculation of course. 

29 minutes ago, David1867 said:

He hasn't removed himself from twitter, for some reason I just couldn't find him. Anyway, here's the tweet. 

IMG_4799.PNG

If he was missed training in the session before the game, could it not be that it was because of a niggle... so maybe they were both telling the truth

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Jos is working with what is available to him. Westwood clearly isn't his decision.

If it's not he needs to speak to the person who is stopping him playing him and either stand up to him or walk. If it's not his choice and he is happy shipping goals for fun, then he should walk anyway. 

Whichever way you look at it, we have not kept a clean sheet all season. He has swapped all his defenders but there is one common denominator. Mmmmm. (Strokes chin) 

ps I'm not saying Dawson is crap and flaps at crosses and doesn't organise his defence but I think he could do with a rest.

pps could DJ Mortimer reply to this because I like his sanctimonious I know better than everyone talking down to people tone because he disagrees with everyone and wants to be the last person to support Jos just in case he turns it around by some

miracle. 

Edited by stanningtonowl

47 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

There must be some sort of contractual thing going on. Such as if he plays a certain number of games it triggers a contract extension or something. And he's at the threshold. For some reason we don't want him to get that extension. Therefore he doesn't play. Thats what I reckon anyway. 

If that's the case tell us. I bought my season ticket thinking we would play our best players and eve get some new better ones. That's what I was told. Almost obtaining property by deception. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I see the logic of sticking with Dawson as Westwood is no spring chicken. But when we are leaking goals like we are, questions have to be asked. The fact he's not even on the bench or not training with the squad clearly shows this is more than a footballing matter.

Westwood on the bench would be a disaster. Can you imagine? Fans chanting him name. Pressure really gets to Dawson /Wildsmith and they poo the bet and are ruined. 

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

What I've heard is this.

When Jos came here Westwood was injured, so he utilized the youngsters.

Westwood was supposed to be going, 100%, so he promised the youngsters the shirts.

But then Westwood didn't go.

As the senior (and best) keeper in the club, if not in the division, he expected to be reinstated as numero uno.

But Jostle had already, prematurely, made his promises and was not prepared to recant.

This poisoned the Jos/Westwood relationship, and so we're where we currently are.

The only way Westwood will be reinstated is if Jos gets his marching orders.

...at which point we'd get six months if we're lucky out of a disillusioned and narky Westwood, before having to find TWO halfway decent replacements for no money at some point in the next 12 months because there's no way we could turn back to Dawson and Wildsmith after mugging them off over a daft tiff that went way above their heads.

Agree your scenario sounds realistic, but either way we really need to accept the status quo now and move on. If the club attempt a u-turn at this stage it'd be an absolute train wreck for all involved.

I'm not applauding the way it's gone down, but pragmatism is our best bet at this point.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

pps could DJ Mortimer reply to this because I like his sanctimonious I know better than everyone talking down to people tone because he disagrees with everyone and wants to be the last person to support Jos just in case he turns it around by some

miracle. 

Seems like the caricature of me that you've created has answered this already on my behalf and I'm not really needed here. This is usually the case with those who insist on making it personal though. When the defence goes into the dock and tries to make the prosecution's case for it you can reasonably discern the quality of the case they have.

Still, at least you haven't been "sanctimonious" about it. That would have been terrible.

:dry:

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

If it's not he needs to speak to the person who is stopping him playing him and either stand up to him or walk. If it's not his choice and he is happy shipping goals for fun, then he should walk anyway. 

Whichever way you look at it, we have not kept a clean sheet all season. He has swapped all his defenders but there is one common denominator. Mmmmm. (Strokes chin) 

ps I'm not saying Dawson is crap and flaps at crosses and doesn't organise his defence but I think he could do with a rest.

miracle. 

I'd say it's more down to the the owner to come out and tell us the facts, rather than a coach who could risk losing his job (or large payout) over it. 

Either way you look at it Jos arrived into a horrendous situation and and doesn't appear to have gotten a whole lot better. 

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Seems like the caricature of me that you've created has answered this already on my behalf and I'm not really needed here. This is usually the case with those who insist on making it personal though. When the defence goes into the dock and tries to make the prosecution's case for it you can reasonably discern the quality of the case they have.

Still, at least you haven't been "sanctimonious" about it. That would have been terrible.

:dry:

Did anyone confirm that Westwood REFUSED  to play for the U23's when we were at our lowest last January when Jos was struggling to  put a side together...some fuckingteam mate