Derby day coming

Guest The Horse

If our quality players turn up (or avoid injury) and we match their work ethic, we can win comfortably.

They'll be coming at us all guns blazing (their manager's ego and calls from the crowd won't allow for any other approach) but for all their high energy and pressing, they don't put games to bed.

We can easily pick them off if as said above, we match their work rate and Bannan, Forestieri, Reach, Joao et al keep cool, calmly pick the passes and slot the chances away pretty much like we did at Bristol.

First clean sheet and 3-0 to us.

Sounds daft after the last few games but that's how football likes to work.

Guest The Horse
25 minutes ago, MadinesBumhole said:

To the people that still think we’ve got better players than them. Stop living in the past. Only Bannan would get in their side. They have better players and play football which at times is sublime.

We can win of course as often teams lower in the league do. We are underdogs and underdogs often prevail. If I had to put money on it though, we’re in for one hell of a hiding.

If, god forbid they get promoted, then we could be cast adrift for years.

If you tried a little harder, we might not be able to see that curly tail sticking out of your back.

I have always hated derby day, even when we have had a significantly better team than them it can always go wrong (see 91-92 season). 

They will obviously be favourites and we could really do with FF back.

I thought we would get trounced in January and before the Adam Bolder 2-2 game so hopefully I am pleasantly surprised again.

32 minutes ago, MadinesBumhole said:

To the people that still think we’ve got better players than them. Stop living in the past. Only Bannan would get in their side. They have better players and play football which at times is sublime.

We can win of course as often teams lower in the league do. We are underdogs and underdogs often prevail. If I had to put money on it though, we’re in for one hell of a hiding.

If, god forbid they get promoted, then we could be cast adrift for years.

Talking out of your bumhole, Reach and Forestieri are better than anything they've got and Clarke wouldn't get in our U23s side. 

They'll fall away just like last season, as always they won't spend owt in January transfer window and Wilder will moan how other clubs in Championship have spent millions they haven't got.

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Talking out of your bumhole, Reach and Forestieri are better than anything they've got and Clarke wouldn't get in our U23s side. 

They'll fall away just like last season, as always they won't spend owt in January transfer window and Wilder will moan how other clubs in Championship have spent millions they haven't got.

He is a pig who made a wee pipe out of himself before on here

see my previous post

lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I reckon we will get played off the park. Nick a 1-0 win, first clean sheet of the season and loads of scrubbers moaning on radio blunts for the rest of the season. 

I really hope you're right pal. The logic sounds good 

15 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

I'll be watching it on my laptop, alone, in my bedroom.

I've already planned a long day out on the bike the day after as well so I don't have to speak to anyone. Just in case.

Our lass once caught me doing that . :stuwinky:

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Haha 1

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:29, Lomas613 said:

So let’s be honest guys who thinks we will turn them over ??? Or who’s apprehensive about the game.

personally I’m not looking forward to it I can’t see us not conceding a goal we look so defensively weak and I think sharp Clark and the rest of Sheff Utd will be smelling our blood.

our only saving grace is we have been scoring (have been) we sempt to struggle last night v qpr of all teams. Without reach and his screamers where is our attack ?? 

Tbh I’ll be satisfied with a point I know this is going to get me negs but let’s be honest can we see us winning ??? Let alone keeping clean sheet. 

As as long as we don’t lose more than 4-0 too haha we’d never live that down lol what do we all think ??? I could do with some optimistic comments cause I am dreading that game lol 

Blades fans are telling me that, Villa apart, they are poor in front of goal.

Not that bothered really because we're going up anyway whether we win, lose or draw that one particular game.

I'll probably forget it's even on being the Friday night and feel a bit daft Saturday when I log on for the OMDT.

It's when we start winning every week from around Christmas until the end of the season when I'll take a proper interest.

Autos or play-offs will be the debate on here around Easter and I'm not arsed over that either as booked my hotel just in case anyway.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

We’re gonna get spanked and it has a big chance of being worse than last year unfortunately. The way they play screams field day against our leaky, unorganised defence and midfield who let so many midfield runners through 

If they are that good surely they would have beat stoke and got something at derby. Can see em tripping up against wigan as well.

Nah no spanking from the scrubbers

Guest Jack the Hat

I think we'll win, but if we don't it's hardly the end of the world. Over the years they've been obsessed with us- let's not become them. Beating them is a stepping stone to the playoffs, hopefully however unlikely that seems at the minute. If we are within 6 points by xmas we are in with a chance. I'll let them do the obsessing.