Derby day coming

On 24/10/2018 at 08:29, Lomas613 said:

So let’s be honest guys who thinks we will turn them over ??? Or who’s apprehensive about the game.

personally I’m not looking forward to it I can’t see us not conceding a goal we look so defensively weak and I think sharp Clark and the rest of Sheff Utd will be smelling our blood.

our only saving grace is we have been scoring (have been) we sempt to struggle last night v qpr of all teams. Without reach and his screamers where is our attack ?? 

Tbh I’ll be satisfied with a point I know this is going to get me negs but let’s be honest can we see us winning ??? Let alone keeping clean sheet. 

As as long as we don’t lose more than 4-0 too haha we’d never live that down lol what do we all think ??? I could do with some optimistic comments cause I am dreading that game lol 

More bothered about the 5th columnists on here and in phone-ins trying to make out they're Wednesday fans when nobody with half a brain can see they aren't. Nobody seems to be calling them out, not even radio presenters. I always knew football fans weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer but come on. 

6 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

More bothered about the 5th columnists on here and in phone-ins trying to make out they're Wednesday fans when nobody with half a brain can see they aren't. Nobody seems to be calling them out, not even radio presenters. I always knew football fans weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer but come on. 

And your implying what exactly that I’m not a fan for being nervous and not comfortable playing agains our nearest rivals with the run of form both are on?. Not wanting the grief you get when you lose these games etc I think any fan that’s nervous about the game can call themselves a true fan because they actually care they get upset they feel it they have the passion. 

• Like 1

Well, in many ways we can't lose.

Win and we're giggling.

Lose, and it's the beginning of the end for Jos, as it was for Carlos.

As Hog Staton said, fail to play your best keeper and you're making a rod for your own back, not to mention trying to play too much football in your own defensive third.

Managers get paid inordinate amounts of money to get decisions right.

Get them wrong, and they can expect their marching orders, as we would.

On current form we should struggle, but that’s why I’m confident. Got to love our unpredictability sometimes.

We win, we lose, we win, we lose.

Due a couple of wins now to get right back in it. I have no doubt that is achievable.

Come on Wednesday!

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Well, in many ways we can't lose.

Win and we're giggling.

Lose, and it's the beginning of the end for Jos, as it was for Carlos.

As Hog Staton said, fail to play your best keeper and you're making a rod for your own back, not to mention trying to play too much football in your own defensive third.

Managers get paid inordinate amounts of money to get decisions right.

Get them wrong, and they can expect their marching orders, as we would.

There is nothing good about losing to them.

Any Wednesday fan knows that

And would I question your intelligence for thinking Westwood is dropped for footballing reasons

Yes  I would

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

We need Forestieri. He missed both last year the lucky scrubbera didn't have to face him. He definitely wins this type of game, draws fouls and yellow cards. We need him to be the pantomime villain.

This 100%!!!

The most gifted player we’ve had since Benito Carbone, I’ll feel a lot better about the match if Nando is playing!!

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

On current form we should struggle, but that’s why I’m confident. Got to love our unpredictability sometimes.

We win, we lose, we win, we lose.

Due a couple of wins now to get right back in it. I have no doubt that is achievable.

Come on Wednesday!

I always love reading your comments full of optimism all the team you can always see the silver lining (not a wee wee take I’m being sincere) 

57 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I always love reading your comments full of optimism all the team you can always see the silver lining (not a wee wee take I’m being sincere) 

Thanks mate.

I take the pish a lot, love the banter, fart about, act daft, get totally irate when we fail to perform, love moaning, but at the end of the day, like you say, I’m always hopeful of us turning things around.

This squad has so much quality, yet so little bottle, it’s very frustrating at times.

14 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Anything can happen especially in a derby but to be completly honest I don't fancy our chances

How many fancied our chances in last derby game? Very very few, we should have a stronger line up this time.

They will be strong favs on current form but rarely has that ment owt in this game previously.

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

New manager bounce then though. Can but hope.....

True. I don’t think we’ve played well all season but if we can get forestieri fit to start and Matias on the bench, it strengthens us hugely. 

They play as a team and they all know their roles. I’m not worried about them. Personally, I think it will be a draw again. 

After 2 mediocre performances we're bound to be apprehensive, whoever the opposition. We can't even predict the team, never mind the result, wouldn't surprise me if we won and lost at somewhere like Rovrum. 

Wilder is arrogant enough to think they can beat us with their normal game without having to worry about pressing Bannan. Man for man they're no better than us and either though I don't rate JL overall, I reckon we'll be fine at the Lane.