Derby day coming

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

There is nothing good about losing to them.

Any Wednesday fan knows that

And would I question your intelligence for thinking Westwood is dropped for footballing reasons

Yes  I would

There's a conspiracy theory doing the rounds at present that any player not currently involved is so for contractual/financial reasons.

The problem is that there's no evidence to suggest this.

It's not impossible, but a far more likely scenario is that Jos, believing Westwood to be going, promised Kemmy the number one shirt and then felt unable to retract his promise when Westwood stayed.

So we're now in the ludicrous situation where the best keeper in the division is sitting in the stands at a time when we're uncommonly weak defensively and the ball is spending far too much time at the back.

We need a keeper of Westwood's experience now more than ever.

If I didn't know better, I'd arrive at the conclusion that you believe I'm not too concerned about beating the Blades at all...

25 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Not many if any, Van Aken and Matias my guess, FF and Winnall would be nice but most unlikely and rest no chance.

We could really do with FF and Winnall im not as confident for the derby without them.

11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

There's a conspiracy theory doing the rounds at present that any player not currently involved is so for contractual/financial reasons.

The problem is that there's no evidence to suggest this.

It's not impossible, but a far more likely scenario is that Jos, believing Westwood to be going, promised Kemmy the number one shirt and then felt unable to retract his promise when Westwood stayed.

So we're now in the ludicrous situation where the best keeper in the division is sitting in the stands at a time when we're uncommonly weak defensively and the ball is spending far too much time at the back.

We need a keeper of Westwood's experience now more than ever.

If I didn't know better, I'd arrive at the conclusion that you believe I'm not too concerned about beating the Blades at all...

A fool would believe football reasons and use it as a reason to slag the boss.

Would he really believe Dawson was better?

No he wouldn't

Is there a money dispute? Or Westwood forcing clubs hand?

Very likely

And yeah I think you would be happy for us to lose

Do I think you back your team?

No chance

21 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

A fool would believe football reasons and use it as a reason to slag the boss.

Would he really believe Dawson was better?

No he wouldn't

Is there a money dispute? Or Westwood forcing clubs hand?

Very likely

And yeah I think you would be happy for us to lose

Do I think you back your team?

No chance

That's a bold deduction to make about someone you don't know.

Disagreement is what this site's all about, but implying other contributors are fools and disloyal is stronging it a bit in my book.

Anyway, back to Westwood.

To my certain knowledge, not one of the local journalists has ever lent any credence to the non-footballing theory for senior players' absences.

Rob Staton certainly didn't believe it, so it seems he's as big a fool as I am.

This rumour did the rounds last season, about players being omitted for financial reasons I mean, and Jos and the club were repeatedly asked about it and all denied it.

I don't think he believes Dawson is better than Westwood either, that makes two of us, and that's the annoying thing.

As for my wanting the team to lose, well most Blades I've spoken to are praying Dawson will be between the sticks on derby day...

It's ironic; Westwood played against the Blades last season when he shouldn't have, and this season he should be there and won't be.

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

My preparation will be to drink as much as possible before the match and hopefully it will be a hazy blur that I will be barely conscious of.

if we don’t lose I will watch the recording the next day.

Had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't me who posted this!

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Thanks mate.

I take the pish a lot, love the banter, fart about, act daft, get totally irate when we fail to perform, love moaning, but at the end of the day, like you say, I’m always hopeful of us turning things around.

This squad has so much quality, yet so little bottle, it’s very frustrating at times.

Yep deffo agree there mate very frustrating but its the ride of being a Wednesday fan lo l 

On 24/10/2018 at 09:02, jonesy87shef said:

Our ‘style’ of football plays straight into their hands. 

Fot this reason I’m frightened of getting a hiding. They close down quick, press in numbers and constantly look to get shots off. We dwell on the ball and drop off.

It’s a recipe for disaster. I’d be saying this against anyone that plays this way. Not just that lot.

Agreed , no idea why any team sets up the way we do. Ignoring the fact is boring to watch , it’s also less effective , as team like the pigs prove