Derby day coming

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Our ‘style’ of football plays straight into their hands. 

Fot this reason I’m frightened of getting a hiding. They close down quick, press in numbers and constantly look to get shots off. We dwell on the ball and drop off.

It’s a recipe for disaster. I’d be saying this against anyone that plays this way. Not just that lot.

This!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Is being realistic/honest and commenting on what we see and how both sides play classed as not having a backbone bid? 

Would you prefer blind optimim from more of us? I can manage that on the day, but not leading up to a fixture where I can think logically.

Talking of us getting stuffed and exaggerating how big a difference there is means no backbone.

Their style of football fell flat against us in the 0-0 last year.

They have dropped 4 points in past 2 games 

We can go there and win

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Talking of us getting stuffed and exaggerating how big a difference there is means no backbone.

We can go there and win

They may have dropped 4 points in last 2 games but we’ve dropped 6 points then ??? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

My point is people are overstating how good they are.

You would think we are going to play Man City

We aren’t though we are saying we leak goals they score goals it doesn’t boad well for us does it. If the QPR game was the team bouncing back and repaying the fans for the loss v Middlesbrough then we ain’t got much bounce in us hahah 

3 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

We aren’t though we are saying we leak goals they score goals it doesn’t boad well for us does it. If the QPR game was the team bouncing back and repaying the fans for the loss v Middlesbrough then we ain’t got much bounce in us hahah 

It didn't bode well for us last time.

Its a one off game so we may lose, but far from guarenteed.

32 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We can go there and win

We can, but I’m expecting a very tough match vs a team who punish our weaknesses and we struggle against that style. 

We gor away with it last year and in fairness nearly pinched it at the end. I wouldn’t say their style fell flat at all. They missed a few chances and were average that day. A few months before however we saw what that style can do to us.

Guest LittleG

It's a derby game, form/league placing often go out the window, although having said that I do hate these games- always have, always will

To the people that still think we’ve got better players than them. Stop living in the past. Only Bannan would get in their side. They have better players and play football which at times is sublime.

We can win of course as often teams lower in the league do. We are underdogs and underdogs often prevail. If I had to put money on it though, we’re in for one hell of a hiding.

If, god forbid they get promoted, then we could be cast adrift for years.

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

This one is in the bag. Seriously. If we dont win this one, then I'll resign as official anti-fan.

Pressure is all on them, and they will crack.

Feel free to quote this post when we spank the scrubbers.

Depends on what line up jos picks, he's doing a good job to disrupt us so far