Sell Reach?

16 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Don’t see we’ve any choice.

He will go in Jan and if we get 10 to 15m then fair enough. We need the dosh 

He is with more. More than marine n Brookes . The days of getting robbed are gone.

A fine signing for us, and very good value indeed. The fat cretin who sits near us who once had a habit of calling Reach a waste of money several times a game now longer does so.

All players should in principle be available for sale, and I could imagine Reach attracting interest from a premier league club that was in trouble and had half an eye on survival and half on building for a promotion campaign next season. 

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, NYowl said:

I reckon if Reach had a more radical haircut he would be worth at least a couple of million more. His Barnet is far to conservative for a footballer these days.

Perhaps grow a beard and have a few tattoos. Be a bit more "on the edge", price might go up to 20 mill.

5 hours ago, Almat said:

So you would take 10.1 million?? You checked the market recently?  He's 25, English with a fantastic reliability record and great attitude and had lots of national coverage for his Worldies this season He's going to go for way more than that, probably as much as twice that, could be even more. If we sell. Look out for a struggling prem club coming in with a bid that will surprise you massively in January. 

its not so long ago that people were saying all that about tom lees

I agree with OP in terms of valuation age, versatile, English and with the contribution his making despite his weaknesses he is worth 15 million plus. Do I think we should sell. No but I’m not sure how or if it even does help us out with finances I soppose only though in the know would know that and if they intend to use sales like this in future to help us through ( they haven’t so far ) what I would think is we are looking at 20 million in sales in two players ( on paper in reach and Fessi and if that was the plan to enable us to keep buying and tinkering with the squad until we have all the old, Crocked and high salaries we have on our bookes that are giving little contribution on the pitch then I think if the offers come in we would have to drop our pride and wishes and seriously think about accepting to stay competitive for future seasons 

I’d prefer to keep reach though he gets better every season and contributes loads over a season in more ways than just an odd wonder goal 

As much as it pains me to say it, it’s all about selling at the right time and for maximum value...unless you’re about to go up.

We could probably wait and see how we get on this season and review in the summer but it depends on whether we need to sort our accounts for this season 

Edited by Bluesteel