Sell Reach?

Now, before I get any stick for this just hear me out. 

In today's market I reckon Reach could be worth at least £15m if he keeps up this kind of form he's in at the moment by January.

He provides goals which is obviously crucial, he's gifted with his right and left foot, he's strong, comfortable on the ball. He may not have the most pace about him but he sure knows how to beat a player. And to top it off he's comfortable in a number of different positions. He's also English which will increase the asking price somewhat.
My point is, is he too crucial for us as an individual or should we sell him and reinvest in different areas e.g. Cb or fullback? 
Personally I see benefits in both options but I feel like if the right offer came in for him I'd let him go and reinvest the money elsewhere as i feel like he is our most lucrative asset at the moment. 

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, mr g 1999 said:

Now, before I get any stick for this just hear me out. 

In today's market I reckon Reach could be worth at least £15m if he keeps up this kind of form he's in at the moment by January.

He provides goals which is obviously crucial, he's gifted with his right and left foot, he's strong, comfortable on the ball. He may not have the most pace about him but he sure knows how to beat a player. And to top it off he's comfortable in a number of different positions. He's also English which will increase the asking price somewhat.
My point is, is he too crucial for us as an individual or should we sell him and reinvest in different areas e.g. Cb or fullback? 
Personally I see benefits in both options but I feel like if the right offer came in for him I'd let him go and reinvest the money elsewhere as i feel like he is our most lucrative asset at the moment. 

Thoughts?

Unless he gets a little bit nastier & harder, he won't be worth anywhere near 15 mill.

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Unless he gets a little bit nastier & harder, he won't be worth anywhere near 15 mill.

I don't see why not? We bought him for around 5m and he's done nothing but improve since being with us.
I mean if Rhodes is worth 11m then surely a more diverse, younger player can attract the kind of interest that would warrant that kind of transfer fee?

1 minute ago, mr g 1999 said:

I don't see why not? We bought him for around 5m and he's done nothing but improve since being with us.
I mean if Rhodes is worth 11m then surely a more diverse, younger player can attract the kind of interest that would warrant that kind of transfer fee?

We'll find out; by the size of any offers in Jan.

If we  don't get promoted one of Reach or Forestieri will need to be sold to stay within FFP/P&S limits. If we're not in or around the play off places in January it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was sold then.

• Like 1

For once, I'd like Wednesday to sell a player for an exorbitant fee. God knows we need to given the way we've mismanaged our finances in the last couple of years.

Some of the money that's been spent on Championship players in recent seasons has been eye-watering, yet we've managed to fetch in little more than £1.5m for Jack Hunt whilst spending ourselves into an embargo-shaped corner.

I don't want Reach to leave, but failing to generate any income from player sales has contributed massively to our current predicament. If a Premier League club are interested and offer a generous fee, then we simply have to strike while the iron's hot and maximise our profit on him while his stock is high.

If he does leave to further his career and we get out of a financial hole in the process, then it could be for the best all around.