Sell Reach?

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It’s a good point.

Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is no place for a FF or a Hooper or a Fletcher.

Freaks like Bannan and Reach thrive, but the majority struggle. I do like the way Jos is managing our players better, though it means we sometimes feel our favourite has been “dropped”.

other players for other teams in this league don’t seem to find it a problem. These ‘freaks’ bannan and reach are just doing what most players should be capable of , shouldn’t be seen as an achievement playing twice in a week, just that we carry a lot of crocks 

3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why?

We need the money to get FFP off our back

Currently his goals are putting him in the spotlight - I.e premium value 

His goals are masking pretty average performances 

Reinvest for the good of the team as a whole 

This is what most “successful” clubs at this level have done 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

other players for other teams in this league don’t seem to find it a problem. These ‘freaks’ bannan and reach are just doing what most players should be capable of , shouldn’t be seen as an achievement playing twice in a week, just that we carry a lot of crocks 

Totally agree. To be a professional footballer and not manage 2 games a week is pretty woeful 

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why?

Numerous reasons.

if we end up with a transfer embargo next season we will have a squad that is nowhere good enough to go up.

That is over 50% of our annual turnover.

He could get injured and be worth nothing.

You can not sustain promotion challenges for several seasons (due to FFP) without selling players.

Whilst Reach is playing well, he’s unlikely to be the type to drag us to promotion.

You could get three or four promising players for that cash.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You mad? You don't think Reach would go for that money... you seen state of the English transfer market?

Never unstand why folk get animated about their opinions on the transfer value of players.

We'll find out in Jan. IMO,  for Reach its about 4-8 mill.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Never unstand why folk get animated about their opinions on the transfer value of players.

We'll find out in Jan. IMO,  for Reach its about 4-8 mill.

Except he’s having the season of his life and we’ve already turned down 5-1 mill more than your appraisal? 

Tight Yorkshireman or poor at valuations? 

What price would these fetch:

- Fessi 

- Jaoa

- Winnal 

- Bannan 

59 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Except he’s having the season of his life and we’ve already turned down 5-1 mill more than your appraisal? 

- Fessi 

- Jaoa

- Winnal 

- Bannan 

Never heard of 3 of them 

Bannan would go for around £5m

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

- Fessi 

- Jaoa

- Winnal 

- Bannan 

I'll stick with my 4-8 million transfers valuation of Reach. I respect your right to believe it will be 15 million.

To me 15 million seems excessive.Other than rare exceptions 15 million bids, only come from Premier league clubs. IMO Reach isn't strong or aggressive enough to cut it in the Premier League. 

I'm not sure I'm right on this and therefore haven't felt the need to dish out Confused or HaHa responses, to those who agree with 15 mill.

But there's no need for you & few others to get your knickers in a twist about my valuation. We'll get answer/or indication in 11 weeks time.

Lets say the Wolves link is genuine.

With him being English we could really get cash plus a player deal which would solve our financial problems cash wise and leave us with a player in return (yes it may not replace Reach but it would give us an even footing to start from next year which we could get a replacement).

If the money and or deal was right yes sell. He is easier to replace than Forestieri or Bannan.

16 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Lets say the Wolves link is genuine.

With him being English we could really get cash plus a player deal which would solve our financial problems cash wise and leave us with a player in return (yes it may not replace Reach but it would give us an even footing to start from next year which we could get a replacement).

If the money and or deal was right yes sell. He is easier to replace than Forestieri or Bannan.

Adam’s 58 matches, 9 goals and 13 assists since the start of last season.

Fernando’s 19 matches, 8 goals and 1 assist in that time.

How would Reach be easier to replace?

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I'll stick with my 4-8 million transfers valuation of Reach. I respect your right to believe it will be 15 million.

To me 15 million seems excessive.Other than rare exceptions 15 million bids, only come from Premier league clubs. IMO Reach isn't strong or aggressive enough to cut it in the Premier League. 

I'm not sure I'm right on this and therefore haven't felt the need to dish out Confused or HaHa responses, to those who agree with 15 mill.

But there's no need for you & few others to get your knickers in a twist about my valuation. We'll get answer/or indication in 11 weeks time.

I haven’t as far as I can see, I’ve simply asked why you believe his value has reduced / halved in a season that he’s arguably playing the best he ever has. Other than his contract shortening I see no logic or rational to your opinion, an opinion that I may not agree with but certainly value.