Sell Reach?

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I'll stick with my 4-8 million transfers valuation of Reach. I respect your right to believe it will be 15 million.

To me 15 million seems excessive.Other than rare exceptions 15 million bids, only come from Premier league clubs. IMO Reach isn't strong or aggressive enough to cut it in the Premier League. 

I'm not sure I'm right on this and therefore haven't felt the need to dish out Confused or HaHa responses, to those who agree with 15 mill.

But there's no need for you & few others to get your knickers in a twist about my valuation. We'll get answer/or indication in 11 weeks time.

You got the ha ha reaction from me because I think your valuation is laughable...it's as simple as that.

As you say tho... we'll see.

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Adam’s 58 matches, 9 goals and 13 assists since the start of last season.

Fernando’s 19 matches, 8 goals and 1 assist in that time.

How would Reach be easier to replace?

Because Nando can do something special. Win out a point or 3 out of nothing on his own.

Reach has been good and improved and those goals have been quality but overall someone with his attributes is easier to replace than Nando's. For this league there are not many.

Selling Reach in January for top dollar may be something we should look to do if there’s no/small chance of a playoff place. If we can sort FFP out and rebuild in the summer, I think this would be sensible. I like Reach and I don’t want to lose him but we may be vulnerable in the summer if FFP strikes. The likelihood of selling more players under market value may then be the only option.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I'll stick with my 4-8 million transfers valuation of Reach. I respect your right to believe it will be 15 million.

To me 15 million seems excessive.Other than rare exceptions 15 million bids, only come from Premier league clubs. IMO Reach isn't strong or aggressive enough to cut it in the Premier League. 

I'm not sure I'm right on this and therefore haven't felt the need to dish out Confused or HaHa responses, to those who agree with 15 mill.

But there's no need for you & few others to get your knickers in a twist about my valuation. We'll get answer/or indication in 11 weeks time.

In the real world I think your spot on. However, football has gone mad !!!!!

Reach is English and has been noticed. He's a good age where the buying club can get loads of mileage out of him in terms of years.

Teams can now demand daft money for youngsters who have done nothing as there English, so to have someone established whos at a good age scoring goals and English I could see someone paying 15 million for him, and to be honest if it was someone like Wolves and we were good in negotiations (not our forte I know) we could get north of 10 million and a player who would improve us.

He’s scored some unbelievable goals.

However imo he hasn’t been setting the world on fire with his overall play. I do believe he would kill twice the player in an attacking side that moved the ball quick and got up the pitch. He’s very dangerous around the opposition area and we rarely get there. 

It’s more a dig at how we play (or have to play) given our style of player. 

In today’s market he could easily be sold for £15-£20million. Whilst I’d rather he stayed it could go a hell of a way to alleviating ffp or we could get in 4-5 quality players. The key to that is they will be Jos’s signings too. 

Lots of clubs in this league do it. Sell key asset and then improve the overall squad.

On 20/10/2018 at 15:11, Jakes Grandad said:

Reach is now classed as a goalscoring midfielder £20m in today's market

Couldn’t agree more. I went ballistic with the fee we got with Antonio. My mates said it was good business. My reply at the time. Goalscoring midfielders in the championship are £5million minimum in today’s game. Especially those with pace. Market fees have only got bigger and bigger since then. Practically trebled.

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Adam’s 58 matches, 9 goals and 13 assists since the start of last season.

Fernando’s 19 matches, 8 goals and 1 assist in that time.

How would Reach be easier to replace?

Slightly unfair statistics given Fernando was out for most of last season.

On 22/10/2018 at 14:40, jonesy87shef said:

In today’s market he could easily be sold for £15-£20million. Whilst I’d rather he stayed it could go a hell of a way to alleviating ffp or we could get in 4-5 quality players. The key to that is they will be Jos’s signings too. 

Lots of clubs in this league do it. Sell key asset and then improve the overall squad.

Agreed, New players would be Jos's picks and he may pick up some really decent players with a good wad of cash to spend