Sell Reach?

Just now, Buxtongent said:

If we are talking of selling our top players, has anyone ever thought that Reach is far more important to us this season than Forestieri.

Which is why he's probably more likely to attract a sizeable bid at this moment in time, too.

I can't see any Premier League sides wanting to sign Forestieri right now, but I could easily imagine a few top flight clubs being interested in Reach.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which is why he's probably more likely to attract a sizeable bid at this moment in time, too.

I can't see any Premier League sides wanting to sign Forestieri right now, but I could easily imagine a few top flight clubs being interested in Reach.

Fortunately Adam is keeping well under the radar.

Good job he isn’t doing anything to catch the eye this season.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fortunately Adam is keeping well under the radar.

Good job he isn’t doing anything to catch the eye this season.

If any Premier League scouts are reading this (And why wouldn't they be? Owlstalk is the place to be for insightful footballing analysis) - all he's got going for him is his shooting. You won't want him.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If any Premier League scouts are reading this (And why wouldn't they be? Owlstalk is the place to be for insightful footballing analysis) - all he's got going for him is his shooting. You won't want him.

Not forgetting his hopeless lack of creativity.

Four Goals, two assists and a bagful of near misses in his last 8 games.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Not forgetting his hopeless lack of creativity.

Four Goals, two assists and a bagful of near misses in his last 8 games.

You'd better edit that second line before Burnley's scouts read it, otherwise I'll hold you entirely accountable should the inevitable now happen...

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You'd better edit that second line before Burnley's scouts read it, otherwise I'll hold you entirely accountable should the inevitable now happen...

Is this ok?

Over-rated £5m flop Adam Reach’s misery continued on Friday. It was his 12th game this season where he has failed to score a single goal from within the penalty area.  

• Haha 4

We should definitely sell him for anywhere near that price.  

Failure to sell players like that for the right money makes it impossible to sustain promotion challenges for several seasons continuously due to FFP.

Fulham sold Malone, Aluko, Dembele, Roberts and McCormack at various stages.

Brighton knew when it was time to sell Ulloa 

Derby have sold Hughes and Ince etc etc

10 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes going to move on @ somestage,all a question of when,kids a quality player and hes ambitious like any other footballer,to progress those ambitions he needs to play regular in the prem,to be brutally honest we look miles away from matching the lads ambitions

Pains me to admit but I agree with that.

Id love to think we are still in with a squeak come January, and that we hold onto him, and that we get through the play-offs, and that he is one of our stars in the Prem.

But If we have fallen away by Xmas, or fail to go up, he needs to move on to a Prem side.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Pains me to admit but I agree with that.

Id love to think we are still in with a squeak come January, and that we hold onto him, and that we get through the play-offs, and that he is one of our stars in the Prem.

But If we have fallen away by Xmas, or fail to go up, he needs to move on to a Prem side.

Weve a squad that should be good enoughs to make the play offs at least,theres no shortage on quality.

The problem is they play a handfull of games and spend 3 months in the treatment room,its a demanding division,two games a week most weeks,players need to be fit athletes,our recruitments been shocking in that respect.reach plays most games even cup ties,the side changes because so many need recovery time or have conditions that need to be managed,theres no consistency

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Weve a squad that should be good enoughs to make the play offs at least,theres no shortage on quality.

The problem is they play a handfull of games and spend 3 months in the treatment room,its a demanding division,two games a week most weeks,players need to be fit athletes,our recruitments been shocking in that respect.reach plays most games even cup ties,the side changes because so many need recovery time or have conditions that need to be managed,theres no consistency

It’s a good point.

Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is no place for a FF or a Hooper or a Fletcher.

Freaks like Bannan and Reach thrive, but the majority struggle. I do like the way Jos is managing our players better, though it means we sometimes feel our favourite has been “dropped”.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s a good point.

Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is no place for a FF or a Hooper or a Fletcher.

Freaks like Bannan and Reach thrive, but the majority struggle. I do like the way Jos is managing our players better, though it means we sometimes feel our favourite has been “dropped”.

Yeah I dont envy the guy mate,managing the current crop cant be a cake walk,like you say we have a small crop that play week in week out,two games every week and still give their all,but our quality players only seem capable of half a season.

We need to be smarter recruitment wise,a stricter criteria,and for me a smaller squad of around 21/22 loan in the quality we lack from the prem to bolster the squad and recruit quality kids into the youth set up that can step up for a few games when needed.

Jos is making a real go of it for me,hes utilising all hes got,but trying to manage their workload and balancing out the games they play to ease fatigue as its a long season

23 hours ago, mr g 1999 said:

Now, before I get any stick for this just hear me out. 

In today's market I reckon Reach could be worth at least £15m if he keeps up this kind of form he's in at the moment by January.

He provides goals which is obviously crucial, he's gifted with his right and left foot, he's strong, comfortable on the ball. He may not have the most pace about him but he sure knows how to beat a player. And to top it off he's comfortable in a number of different positions. He's also English which will increase the asking price somewhat.
My point is, is he too crucial for us as an individual or should we sell him and reinvest in different areas e.g. Cb or fullback? 
Personally I see benefits in both options but I feel like if the right offer came in for him I'd let him go and reinvest the money elsewhere as i feel like he is our most lucrative asset at the moment. 

Thoughts?

Not sure why you got negged, I guess the truth hurts some more than others.

However, I think much will depend where we are in the league come mid January, whatever, no doubt there will be offers, if we are out of the running my guess is he will go.

That would be a relatively simple decision to make. If we are in the running, then big decisions, gambles and headache time for DC.

My hunch is no one will leave so long as we have a chance of top 6. DC has form for telling potential buyers to FO

Then if we don't go up the chairman and the CEO will have some explaining to do, to the football gods in suits and the fans who might be a bit angry if we start next season -12pts

In today’s market if we get anything from £13m upwards we have got to sell him. 

The goals he’s scoring is getting him the headlines his overall performances don’t really deserve in my opinion. 

The biggest fear I’d have would be that we’d waste it when we re-invest