Sell Reach?

6 hours ago, mr g 1999 said:

Now, before I get any stick for this just hear me out. 

In today's market I reckon Reach could be worth at least £15m if he keeps up this kind of form he's in at the moment by January.

He provides goals which is obviously crucial, he's gifted with his right and left foot, he's strong, comfortable on the ball. He may not have the most pace about him but he sure knows how to beat a player. And to top it off he's comfortable in a number of different positions. He's also English which will increase the asking price somewhat.
My point is, is he too crucial for us as an individual or should we sell him and reinvest in different areas e.g. Cb or fullback? 
Personally I see benefits in both options but I feel like if the right offer came in for him I'd let him go and reinvest the money elsewhere as i feel like he is our most lucrative asset at the moment. 

Thoughts?

He also never seems to get injured and has an excellent temperament. I’d be disappointed if he went in January because this season appears to be a last roll of the dice for DC and the current squad.  Additionally if Reach maintains his form over the season chances are he’ll be even more valuable next summer. 

5 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

He also never seems to get injured and has an excellent temperament. I’d be disappointed if he went in January because this season appears to be a last roll of the dice for DC and the current squad.  Additionally if Reach maintains his form over the season chances are he’ll be even more valuable next summer. 

True, though his value might decrease if we find ourselves under another embargo and prospective buyers know that we're desperate.

January tends to be the time when struggling Premier League clubs look to spend their way out of trouble and competitive Championship clubs look for that one key signing to cement their promotion.

Hes in the goalscoring form of his life, and this is what attracts headlines. Not selling players at the right time is what Wednesday have always been useless at

Hes young, English, left footed, has a bit of pace and is handsome, easily worth £15m. 

Keep him for the promotion push then sell him in the summer if we don’t make it

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Hes young, English, left footed, has a bit of pace and is handsome, easily worth £15m. 

Many may laugh at the handsome comment, but it does help.

Don't see too many faces only a mother could love playing at the top table nowadays.

All about marketing.

Modric and Di Maria being exemptions.

Edited by Bulgaria

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Hes in the goalscoring form of his life, and this is what attracts headlines. Not selling players at the right time is what Wednesday have always been useless at

Keep him for the promotion push then sell him in the summer if we don’t make it

That's absolutely right.

Strike while the iron's hot.

We're going gto have to rebuild.

I guess the Carlos generation tried and failed.

As players they weren't bobbage, but then neither were the players Southgate binned off.

1 hour ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Yes, keep him until the summer, although generally players fetch more in January.

12 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Many may laugh at the handsome comment, but it does help.

Don't see too many faces only a mother could love playing at the top table nowadays.

All about marketing.

Modric and Di Maria being exemptions.

I once read something by some some psychology expert (or something) about how handsome and blonde players stand out more and end up fetching higher transfer fees

Guest Bulgaria
31 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I once read something by some some psychology expert (or something) about how handsome and blonde players stand out more and end up fetching higher transfer fees

Thank god i aint a footy player!!

Well as £10 million doesn’t appear to be an issue in respect of Rhodes, why would anyone wish to sell our best player for circa £15 million? I can imagine the Reach haters grinding their teeth and forcing their nails into their palms, come on guys you’d only have Dawson left to hate if the club sold Reach. lol

Like what’s already been said, have to strike whilst the iron is hot. If we get a ridiculous fee then for me we have to sell. 

Don’t get this one man team stuff though - we’d still have Bannan, Forestieri plus the rest that have got us top 6 until last night. The money would also allow us to address more glaring issues in the squad e.g CB and RB/RWB.

We got beat by a team that is full of Championship/Premiership experience, that had conceded 6 goals all season prior to last night that went top. We again had 3 kids from the academy in. Lost by one goal and could have drawn right at the end, so I think one man team is, yet again, hyperbole after a loss.

4 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Any offer over 10. Sell.

Scores some beauties but I really think we would cope without him.

So you would take 10.1 million?? You checked the market recently?  He's 25, English with a fantastic reliability record and great attitude and had lots of national coverage for his Worldies this season He's going to go for way more than that, probably as much as twice that, could be even more. If we sell. Look out for a struggling prem club coming in with a bid that will surprise you massively in January. 

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

That's the thing though we have just been beat and a lot of the team aren't good enough. If the price is right and you can get 4/5 quality hungry players in, isn't it worth it.

It's clear a big rebuild is needed and this needs funding.