Still an out from me

3 hours ago, terryowl said:

It's still a out from me.

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

Wont play his best players - Huch - Westwood.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

We were very very lucky to get a point last night.

Hit and run post. Classy. 

We like all clubs have some brain dead clowns posting along side pigs and pure attention seeking WUM’s. 

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

Do you spend your life sat at the Computer just waiting for Wednesday to fail to rise to your expectations, and then have a moan?.

• Haha 1

Clown

4 hours ago, terryowl said:

Leeds have one point less than they did after the same number of games last season, we have two points more. That's all you need to know.

Edited by Owls2k

I was very, very dissapointed with what I saw at the start of the season.

To my mind we had found something that worked at the back end of last season and we changed it to something that clearly was unlikely to work. It failed miserably.

Playing Hutch in the no 10 role at Wigan left me bemused.

Believe Jos was still too negative for first 4-5 games but some of the positivity he showed back end of last seems to be returning and I am pleased to see it.

After 10 games we are in a good position and I can say all in all that a decent job has been done.

The Forest game could be accepted as a blip but we have to stop this ability to play well for a number of games and then put in such an abject performance.

I am pleased to see him bring young players through, I think we all are; and it is one of his shining lights. Thorniley is magnificent and I said last term he would be my Captain. He is cemented in the team now and to that end given Jos's statement about investing in youth, I would make him Captain after the international break.

Penny is another and the the way these kids are being progressed is excellent and just a shame we didn't have this strategy a year earlier.

On Pelupessy I think he is among the weaker players we have but he seems to make us a better team. I am a strong advocate of play your best team not necessarily your best players.

He has improved even if from a low base but has improved so fair play to him.

Hutch is not a long term option and it looks increasingly likely that neither is Lee. So we have to go with what we have.

Consolidate and tighten at the back and we have a chance.

Has improved, now doing well and could be even better.

WELL DONE

Edited by 33
Ytop

It's unfortunate for us that our two biggest rivals have got probably the best two managers in the division.

Incredibly, United could be in the top two by five o'clock, with a squad like that.

Jos obviously isn't as good as Bielsa or Tufty, but neither are the vast majority of managers in this league.

Jostle can't be sacked just because he's not as good as those two, or you'd have to sack practically every manager in the Championship.

I don’t agree with the idea that another manager would do a better job given the same circumstances. Jos record after 36 games is almost the same as Hughton’s at Brighton, and Hughton spent loads of money bringing in his own players in his first summer window. 

The way we’ve been including the young players is very encouraging, and he’s got better performances from players like Nuhiu and Palmer. 

If we can stay close to the play off places come January we’ll have done well 

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I don’t agree with the idea that another manager would do a better job given the same circumstances. Jos record after 36 games is almost the same as Hughton’s at Brighton, and Hughton spent loads of money bringing in his own players in his first summer window. 

The way we’ve been including the young players is very encouraging, and he’s got better performances from players like Nuhiu and Palmer. 

If we can stay close to the play off places come January we’ll have done well 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can’t claim Jos isn’t as good when he’s working with kids, players who last season were our B team or frozen out, and mass injury situation

that for me makes him better than them

But Sheffield United in the top 2?

Even you've surely got to admit that it beggars belief.

If Tufty had been around in Palestine two millennia ago he'd have been in the Good Book.

We'd be singing hymns about him.

:CEO:

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

If Tufty had been around in Palestine two millennia ago he'd have been in the Good Book.

Stop calling him Tufty.

It's either Wilderbeast or Megabus man. 

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I’d say the pigs have had an easier fixture list so far this season. If they are still challenging for the top two after playing the likes of Brentford, Wigan, forest, Villa all away from home, and playing teams like Leeds and stoke etc, then fair play to them. I don’t think it’s reasonable to compare things until at least 23 games intro the season 

6 hours ago, terryowl said:

I don't normally neg posts ,but this one deserves every neg it gets. Have another on me. 

Truly baffling thread.

Jos has managed the near-impossible by building a solid foundation out of the rot that his predecessor left behind. We don't look the finished article by any means, but there's the basis of a dynamic team, with a resilient, positive mentality that's been lacking since Gray's departure.

Over the course of a season, I believe we'll show far greater staying power than Leeds. I'll be amazed if they make it to January without an injury crisis.

We're seeing inspired performances from young talents like Thorniley and Penney, and even Baker has shown that he's got some tricks in his locker, despite being a little out of his depth defensively. He's reinvigorated a tired-seeming squad with an injection of youth and created a cohesive unit that's been improving incrementally. Judge the man after 46 matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Truly baffling thread.

Jos has managed the near-impossible by building a solid foundation out of the rot that his predecessor left behind. We don't look the finished article by any means, but there's the basis of a dynamic team, with a resilient, positive mentality that's been lacking since Gray's departure.

Over the course of a season, I believe we'll show far greater staying power than Leeds. I'll be amazed if they make it to January without an injury crisis.

We're seeing inspired performances from young talents like Thorniley and Penney, and even Baker has shown that he's got some tricks in his locker, despite being a little out of his depth defensively. He's reinvigorated a tired-seeming squad with an injection of youth and created a cohesive unit that's been improving incrementally. Judge the man after 46 matches.

He’s done quite a good job, but what Bielsa has done at Leeds is far more impressive