Still an out from me

It's still a out from me.

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

Wont play his best players - Huch - Westwood.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

We were very very lucky to get a point last night.

• Haha 3

He certainly needs to address some issues and indeed learn from what other teams are doing.

The concern for me is that we have not dominated any team yet. 3 draws at home plus 2 wins is not a bad record but those 2 wins were not commanding.

We let the opposition create too many decent chances, better strikers will punish us.

8 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

I can get you help Terry ...

But it's you that has to want help ...

Tiny steps eh? ......

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Probably the most stupid thread of all time   And on here that’s saying something. .

hutchinson is a crock and not even that good, so he doesn’t play obviously . Hooper and lee are finished, what part of that is so hard to grasp. 

Jos is doing a great job under challenges circumstances. Sure , he’s made a few mistakes,  it on the whole I’m pleased. Seriously what the hell so you actually expect, other than the miraculous recovery of our over the hill crocks ? 

• Like 1

Leeds look faster, fitter and stronger than every other Champiosnhip club's players at this moment in time, too. I wouldn't be using them as the barometer of how Luhukay's doing in vastly different circumstances. Having said that, we still ground out a draw.

To have inherited the demoralised and injury-ravaged squad he did and to have guided us away from the very real prospect of relegation whilst overseeing a sea-change in the culture of the club, bedding in young players taking their first steps in Championship football, and to have us now sitting just four points off the top of the league whilst we wait for yet more of our long-term injured to return...well, he's doing more than OK by me.

I'm not sure what more you could realistically expect?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Hutch.... best player........ give me a break

Jos is working minor miracles after inheriting an absolute shipwreck IMO. Yes it’s small steps (frustratingly so at times) and there’ll be the odd foot wrong here and there, but thing is they’re visibly building towards something vaguely coherent and structurally more sustainable, week on week, for the first time in a long time.

There is no quick fix for what he took on, and we’ve miles to go in terms of a long-term plan for stability moving forward, but I honestly couldn’t give you three other managerial names who’d have made this much tangible progress with both the starting XI *and* the structural aspect of the wider squad in less than six active months of fixtures. He’s shown absolute nuts of granite at times if you ask me, and gone about it all in such a level-headed and unflappable way to boot. Seems to be helping galvanise a squad that was absolutely all over the shop even though we’re still suffering with numerous injury and contractual issues with an FFP mess that was nowt to do with him blocking any easier routes to safety at every turn.

With all that on his plate, he’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he’s not doing about as well as you could reasonably expect of anyone - and far exceeding that in terms of the wonders he’s working with the younger lads.

I think he’s been an impressively steady hand at the tiller while we navigate out of a sh*tstorm that could easily have swallowed us whole. Very happy to let him continue doing so, and again, couldn’t name three others I’d trust to do as well with no money available and a squad that was falling apart before our very eyes.

I’m all in with Jos for now. Good on him. Really enjoying watching Wednesday lately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I doubt that Bielsa at Wednesday would have achieved any more than Jos in the same circumstances. It also remains to be seen if Leeds can keep up the same intensity over the full season. I would hazard a guess that Wednesday have more staying power.

Leeds will run out of steam eventually as we should get better and stronger. Lukuhay’s sensible management with regards to fitness should ensure this.

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Of course it’s still an out from you

Because you won’t see sense and will just say it’s still an out 

lol

I'm not saying the OP it right, but this is what you said about those with doubts about Carlos; until 5 mins before he left.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He certainly needs to address some issues and indeed learn from what other teams are doing.

The concern for me is that we have not dominated any team yet. 3 draws at home plus 2 wins is not a bad record but those 2 wins were not commanding.

We let the opposition create too many decent chances, better strikers will punish us.

Probably most commanding was in draw against Hull in first game.

1 hour ago, terryowl said:

I was an outer but even I can see that would be silly. He’s achieving more than I expected and building a team for the future which is what no manager has done in the last 20 years! 5 points from last 3 against very tough opposition and one of them being from 0-2 down? Takes no poo from the players as well. Defo in for me!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I doubt that Bielsa at Wednesday would have achieved any more than Jos in the same circumstances. It also remains to be seen if Leeds can keep up the same intensity over the full season. I would hazard a guess that Wednesday have more staying power.

That is a good point in that we're grinding out results, and keeping in touch at our lowest ebb. We're set up for a marathon not a sprint and Leeds will not be able to keep up this intensity for a full season and they're already picking up serious injuries. Can they grind out results on the back foot without playing at this intensity? When they do run out of puff they'll be in the same state Brighton were when we knocked them out of the play offs with Hooper and Lee back in the side.