Still an out from me

7 hours ago, terryowl said:

It's still a out from me.

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

Wont play his best players - Huch - Westwood.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

We were very very lucky to get a point last night.

Idiot 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

He’s done quite a good job, but what Bielsa has done at Leeds is far more impressive

I disagree based on the scale of the task, the time frame and the approach.

We went from a team that was crumbling under CC to a team that was 3rd on the form table for the final 10 matches of last season. Jos saved us from relegation last year, of that I have no doubt.

Bielsa has invigorated Leeds in the short-term, but he didn't inherit a team with 15+ injuries, flirting with relegation and in the midst of so much turmoil and fan discontent. Again, I'll be genuinely surprised if they can keep it going for a full season. Likewise, I'll be staggered if we don't continue to improve under Luhukay, and I reckon we'll come into our own over the last 16 games or so.

7 hours ago, terryowl said:

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

ohboy.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

I disagree based on the scale of the task, the time frame and the approach.

We went from a team that was crumbling under CC to a team that was 3rd on the form table for the final 10 matches of last season. Jos saved us from relegation last year, of that I have no doubt.

Bielsa has invigorated Leeds in the short-term, but he didn't inherit a team with 15+ injuries, flirting with relegation and in the midst of so much turmoil and fan discontent. Again, I'll be genuinely surprised if they can keep it going for a full season. Likewise, I'll be staggered if we don't continue to improve under Luhukay, and I reckon we'll come into our own over the last 16 games or so.

Fair enough, I don’t believe we’d have been relegated under Carlos either. I like Jos, and as I said, I think he’s doing quite a good job, but to be honest, I thought we’d be further down the line

He did inherit a pretty awful injury crisis, but we do have more stand out players than Leeds. We also have a better pool of young development players, based on results at that level anyway. Jos has also had more time to work on the fitness, and to instil a particular way of playing On last nights evidence, and from what I’ve seen so far this season, we are some way behind what’s already been achieved at Leeds. That’s hardly surprising though, because Bielsa is a very good coach

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough, I don’t believe we’d have been relegated under Carlos either. I like Jos, and as I said, I think he’s doing quite a good job, but to be honest, I thought we’d be further down the line

He did inherit a pretty awful injury crisis, but we do have more stand out players than Leeds. We also have a better pool of young development players, based on results at that level anyway. Jos has also had more time to work on the fitness, and to instil a particular way of playing On last nights evidence, and from what I’ve seen so far this season, we are some way behind what’s already been achieved at Leeds. That’s hardly surprising though, because Bielsa is a very good coach

Out of interest what stand out players do we have ???

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

He certainly needs to address some issues and indeed learn from what other teams are doing.

The concern for me is that we have not dominated any team yet. 3 draws at home plus 2 wins is not a bad record but those 2 wins were not commanding.

We let the opposition create too many decent chances, better strikers will punish us.

We haven't really dominated games for a long time.

I think it's up to the players to play with more confidence and consistency. We have some real quality and shouldnt be worried about anyone, although often it seems we are.

We have a lot of players like Reach and Pelupessy who have blinders one week and then look like a scared rabbit the next 

I think it's down to the players mentality more than jos's tactics.

It annoys me how utd always seem to put teams away and play with such confidence when I believe we have the better squad.

They seem to have the stronger mentality though 

We are really missing some of the mentally stronger players like hutch, Westwood, Lee and maybe Hooper. 

But Jos is doing ok. He needs to be able to bring a few in next summer before we even think about judging him properly.

40 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Out of interest what stand out players do we have ???

Take your pick, Bannan, Forestieri, Penney, Reach, Joao, we have plenty They just need to be given the freedom to play, rather than stifled by over cautious tactics Look how much better the Leeds players looked, despite looking pretty ordinary last season

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Take your pick, Bannan, Forestieri, Penney, Reach, Joao, we have plenty They just need to be given the freedom to play, rather than stifled by over cautious tactics Look how much better the Leeds players looked, despite looking pretty ordinary last season

Leeds have some good players aswell. The two full backs are probably two of the best in the league and they are a major part to how they play. 

Because of them we couldn't play the way that we played against Villa. They also stopped Bannan making an impact just like forest did. This is clever management by Bielsa. But we ended up with a point so it is also clever management by Jos. Had he not adapted to the way they were playing before Reach's goal they would have run away with that game.

Bilesa is probably along with Benitez the best coach the championship have ever seen and probably on four times the wages Jos is.

We are doing extremely well considering we are integrating so many youngsters into the side and coming to terms with the worst injury crisis we have probably ever had.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Leeds have some good players aswell. The two full backs are probably two of the best in the league and they are a major part to how they play. 

Because of them we couldn't play the way that we played against Villa. They also stopped Bannan making an impact just like forest did. This is clever management by Bielsa. But we ended up with a point so it is also clever management by Jos. Had he not adapted to the way they were playing before Reach's goal they would have run away with that game.

Bilesa is probably along with Benitez the best coach the championship have ever seen and probably on four times the wages Jos is.

We are doing extremely well considering we are integrating so many youngsters into the side and coming to terms with the worst injury crisis we have probably ever had.

He’s a real stand out coach One of the major differences between him and Jos, is that Bielsa is able to negate our tactics, whilst not compromising their attacking threat We aren’t able to do that, it’s generally all about stifling the opposition, and not playing to the strengths of our attacking players

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

He’s a real stand out coach One of the major differences between him and Jos, is that Bielsa is able to negate our tactics, whilst not compromising their attacking threat We aren’t able to do that, it’s generally all about stifling the opposition, and not playing to the strengths of our attacking players

Well milwall and the brums did..he's a chancer in the style of cc

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bannan is a stand out . Forestieri turns up once in a blue moon, the rest are decent but nothing special . Ten a penny (pardon the pun) in this league. 

Fair dos if that’s what you think, but for me jos is doing well with this very ordinary side 

Just now, james o connor said:

Bannan is a stand out . Forestieri turns up once in a blue moon, the rest are decent but nothing special . Ten a penny (pardon the pun) in this league. 

Fair dos if that’s what you think, but for me jos is doing well with this very ordinary side 

Yes it’s a forum, so room for different opinions Remembering how these Leeds players were last year, I’d have loved to see the likes of Bannan and Forestieri play under a coach like Bielsa Can’t Be much fun, when all you’re asked to do, is frustrate the opposition

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes it’s a forum, so room for different opinions Remembering how these Leeds players were last year, I’d have loved to see the likes of Bannan and Forestieri play under a coach like Bielsa Can’t Be much fun, when all you’re asked to do, is frustrate the opposition

Bit like Hazard under an attacking coach. Different player.

We got who we got though haven't we and he is doing a good job.

If he thought the right way to go about it was all out attack he would do it.

Plays to what he thinks the players can play to the best.

Bannan has been a lot better under him. So has Reach and Matias. also Nuhiu.

Think you need to give him more credit rather then saying why ain't he doing what Bielsa is doing. 

That simple why ain't every manager in the league doing what Bielsa is doing with their mediocre squads.

Edited by pazowl55

On 29/09/2018 at 07:13, terryowl said:

Bielsa is probably paid more than any of the Leeds players and possibly more than most Prem managers. He has a philosophy of playing “hi risk, hi energy” football where the attack is quickly “overloaded”. He has been courted by some big teams (Inter Milan and Real Madrid big) but they’ve decided against due to his “win or die” attitude to football. Leeds are doing well because this is a completely new style for this league. I thought we did well to get a point from the game given that we haven’t faced such a team. The nearest we have come to facing such a style is when we played the pigs last season and we all know how that finished. 

I am pretty confident that Leeds will burn out (because their game is too high energy) and they will get found out soon where teams will find a way to counter Bielsa’s style of play.