Still an out from me

6 hours ago, terryowl said:

60 years a Wednesday supporter, ex shareholder that helped Wenesday out the S--t in 79, season ticket holder. I'm entitled to my opinion  and will admit to being wrong if proved so.

60 years ?! With rubbish you have spouted on this forum I wouldn’t have thought you were 16 never mind 60 

• Haha 2

Total contrast between the two clubs and managers at the moment especially due to financial restraints. 

Jos came in with us in a total shambles and has steadied the ship without being able to sign anyone and having to blood the youngsters. 

Bielsa has come in with a competitive top 6 squad to start with that like we've had until last seasons debacle and injury crisis. He's been able to spend some cash, bring in His players to play his style and formation, improving where necessary allowing him to add to the good foundations monk had started kind of like Carlos in his first season with us, so poles apart at the moment. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Total contrast between the two clubs and managers at the moment especially due to financial restraints. 

Jos came in with us in a total shambles and has steadied the ship without being able to sign anyone and having to blood the youngsters. 

Bielsa has come in with a competitive top 6 squad to start with that like we've had until last seasons debacle and injury crisis. He's been able to spend some cash, bring in His players to play his style and formation, improving where necessary allowing him to add to the good foundations monk had started kind of like Carlos in his first season with us, so poles apart at the moment. 

Not disputing your reasoning at all, but I’ll just repeat again, the Leeds squad on Friday contained five players, who played in the U23 game against us a fortnight ago

I would say both squads look pretty similar, it’s just that they are further down the road in their way of playing That’s where Bielsa deserves the credit, in my opinion anyway

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think its unfair to compare your manager with Bielsa. 

Bielsa is a legendary manager who has influenced some of the best managers on the planet and has almost god like status in South America. He took Bilbao to 2 cup finals with a squad made up of mainly cheap, youth or free transfer players, he is a class above. 

Personally i think Jos Luhukay has done a good job.

No money to spend, injuries, a club in a bit of a mess when he arrived on and off the pitch.

He showed flexibility vs us, yes he got the 2nd half wrong but he got the 1st right and adapted the tactics throughout. 

He has given players chances, "Dave" Joao Penney etc. 

You've only lost 1 in 7.

Sack him now and you could end up with Paul Heckingbottom:Pelupessy:

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Imagine thinking hutch is our best player though lol I despair with some people 

Must be benefitting from Paul Heffernan syndrome,  where a player immediately gets better in the eyes of unhappy fans because he's not in the side. 

When he plays, and once again contributes nothing before limping off, his bout of Heffernans will be over and it'll pass on to somebody else.  

• Like 1

don't want him out,not slating him (because of what he's inherited ) but still not convinced about his ability to A/pick his best team B/ find a way of playing that suits us C/ motivate that team 

he's had one tough baptism and hasn't resorted to the blame game so he should get our backing until such time as we all recognise it's now HIS team  

Guest Kameron

I think a lot of the frustration and to a degree anger is because our neighbours across the city are again out performing us on a shoe string budget and are not being charged the earth for match day tickets.

Jos is an odd cove in many respects but for folk to be hammering him after Friday is mind bending. 

a) Ref allowed Leeds gegenhack to go unpunished but blew his whistle every time we won a tackle.

b) They are top of the league and were proving a point to their boss after losing at the weekend (compare us v Forest & Villa)

c) Played FF - proving me and about 25k fellow Owls fans wrong cos we thought he was alienating him deliberately. 

d) The players were defiant and heroic compare to the Ombishambles at Brentford. 

e) Is going to save us a gazillion if these youngsters are given the time to mature and improve.

TBH the fact that folk are slaughtering our youngsters constitutes the most depressing thing for me on Owlstalk at the moment. does anyone remember Mel Sterland’s early games? Hirsty being in and out of the side while he learned his trade? 

Anyway... that’s another thread!

in short

Jos in!

• Like 1

My only frustration, and even that isn’t a reason to want him out, is the tactics he employs. I want to be entertained, but I don’t want us to be continually surrendering the initiative to the opposition If nothing else, it doesn’t get the best out of our front players We have forward thinking players who a lot of clubs would be envious of, but they aren’t given licence to perform

3 hours ago, Kameron said:

I think a lot of the frustration and to a degree anger is because our neighbours across the city are again out performing us on a shoe string budget and are not being charged the earth for match day tickets.

You can’t blame Jos for that , he has spent less than peanuts and most of the budget is nowhere near the pitch.

Guest Kameron
28 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You can’t blame Jos for that , he has spent less than peanuts and most of the budget is nowhere near the pitch.

Agreed but he does get the blame for the dire way he sets us up to play.

On 29/09/2018 at 07:13, terryowl said:

It's still a out from me.

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

Wont play his best players - Huch - Westwood.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

We were very very lucky to get a point last night.

700.gif

• Haha 2

On 29/09/2018 at 07:13, terryowl said:

It's still a out from me.

Look what the Leeds manager has achieved in his a much shorter time at his Club. They look faster fitter and stronger than ours.

Wont play his best players - Huch - Westwood.

From what he has said over last few days do we really think he will play Hooper Lee again even when fit. No instead we have to put up with Polipussy who again last night was anonymous. Although I will admit had a good game at Villa.

We were very very lucky to get a point last night.

So Jos might not be one of the best coaches in the world?? Really?? Hes good for where we are. Bielsa was a coup for Leeds and has been highly regarded since he managed Chile. Got to remember his club teams notoriously fall apart around the midway point. So come back after a lot more games. Also just because our coach might not be as good as another isn't a reason to sack him. 

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

So Jos might not be one of the best coaches in the world?? Really?? Hes good for where we are. Bielsa was a coup for Leeds and has been highly regarded since he managed Chile. Got to remember his club teams notoriously fall apart around the midway point. So come back after a lot more games. Also just because our coach might not be as good as another isn't a reason to sack him. 

Happy where we are, we just need to be a little more pleasing on the eye