Club's Best Moment

VBQ24

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Prob Wad scoring against the scrubbers as we were just sitting down at Wembly

My favourites

Hooper scoring vs Cardiff to get us into the play offs

Antonio scoring vs Carlise and turning around the future of our club in a split second

The fourth goal going in vs Blackburn away league cup semi 1993..and disbelieving what we were seeing

Talbot confirming our promotion at the Millennium Stadium

Keiran Lee scoring vs Bristol City

Chris Maguire scoring last minute vs Barnsley

Depressingly poor

1 minute ago, JumboRex said:

Depressingly poor

If were talking like that so will be the 'moments' of more than 80 odd percent of professional clubs in this country.

Anyone apart from the top 5 clubs in the country and a few other clubs that have had a glory period or like Leicester somehow broken the monopoly.

We have no divine right to be winning trophies.

3 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Blackburn away - fave away match ever, Night match, standing with no cover and best atmosphere i ever known. Blow up bananas and cuddly toys. Great memories  

Don,t know where you was stood but most of our fans were on the Darwin road covered end. However the atmosphere on that same end when we won 79/80 season was also incredible. Proper old fashioned atmospheric end was that.

My best moment was 91 league cup win, outstanding. As a club i think our 1929/1930 champions seasons and 1935 FA cup final win.

Edited by Mountain Owl

For me (I realise these won't be up there with Forest winning the European Cup):

91 League Cup win. Watched it my grandma's. We are still the last non-top flight team to win a trophy (I think). Got a sample of the "dink" as the text tone on my mobile.

Semi against Utd. "And in the end it was the easiest goal you could wish for."

Being top in 96. Completely surreal.

Beating Liverpool at Anfield a few months later. Guy Whittingham is the most underrated player we've ever had.

Huge gap.

Drew Talbot going through at the end against Hartlepool.

Another huge gap.

Semedo on his knees when O'Grady scored.

Scenes at the end against Wycombe.

Win against Arsenal under Carlos.

It's these moments that make the slog worthwhile.

11 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

It was the Darwin Road end but when we played them in 93 the roof had been dismantled only the girders left, as Hirstys_achilles states it was uncovered.

This is in reply to mountain Owl. 

spot on owl1969. Thank you for putting mountain owl right. Think its obvious that mountain owl did not attend the game. Very embarrassing mountain owl.

3 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

spot on owl1969. Thank you for putting mountain owl right. Think its obvious that mountain owl did not attend the game. Very embarrassing mountain owl.

May be the old memory, if he was there in 80 he's most likely older than me, probably visited Ewood regularly and just remembers it having a roof.

By the way Mountain Owl I remember seeing pics of that day in 80 looked immense with thousands of Owls there,  and more or less guaranteed our Promotion, one of those wish I was there days, lucky you.

Edited by OWL1969