Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

Oh dear, shouldn't these children be in bed? Anyway, as someone alluded to the other day, they guessed he'd come out and say "I had offers from premier and championship clubs but chose hearts because of the fans / club / ambitions etc" and....thats almost word for word what he said after signing! Kudos hearts and Clare.....a match made in heaven!

Looking forward to er regret the day he left us lol

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Sorry but no one can try and sell Scotland’s beauty to me. Apart from bits of Edinburgh it’s a shiiithole

Literally the thought of living in Scotland has always frightened me 

Really...you ever been to St Andrews?......or North Berwick.....Loch Lomond up to Inverness?

And on a completely different scale, I've been lucky enough to travel the length and breadth of the Uk over the years and no where is closer to Sheffield than Glasgow

43 minutes ago, Ian said:

Really...you ever been to St Andrews?......or North Berwick.....Loch Lomond up to Inverness?

And on a completely different scale, I've been lucky enough to travel the length and breadth of the Uk over the years and no where is closer to Sheffield than Glasgow

You can find nice places anywhere , majority is a shiit hole is what I meant 

• Haha 1

Scotland is without question the most beautiful country on earth. It makes New Zealand, which people rave about, look like Stevenage.  

It is a truly ridiculous combination of mountains, lakes, beaches and forests. 

The weather is bloody awful and the midges are shocking in summer but the scenery up there is something else. 

7 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

You can find nice places anywhere , majority is a shiit hole is what I meant 

You've clearly not spent much time there...it's a stunning Country and one of the least populated areas of the world so your "majority is a shiit hole" comment is just plain ignorant

46 minutes ago, Ian said:

You've clearly not spent much time there...it's a stunning Country and one of the least populated areas of the world so your "majority is a shiit hole" comment is just plain ignorant

Nah, it is a dump. Miserable buggers. If it was that great it would be more populated.

Edited by heppers
  • Haha 1

The fact he is only signing for a club in second half of September tells you all you need to know. Its easy to say clubs had interest but clearly there was nothing on the table  for him.

If it was his choice to walk away and seek pastures new I suppose he gets what he deserves. If on he other hand a third party encouraged him to leave us and indicated he could get more else where they have done him no favours. 

There is not much money in Scottish football compared with English counterpart and it is difficult to believe he is on better money than he would be with us unless we thought he was not that good and offered him a pittance.

Aston Villa also have some blame in this situation in which they offered him a daft contract and then with drew offer (or it was conditional on them getting promoted) which turned his head. They then even when cash flow situation improved at club have not taken him on board which indicates had second thoughts.

To leave a club who are promoting youth and you had got into first team and done reasonably well is a strange one and I am sure lots will find it difficult to comprehend how this has come about. Clare may be one of them.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

The fact he is only signing for a club in second half of September tells you all you need to know. Its easy to say clubs had interest but clearly there was nothing on the table  for him.

If it was his choice to walk away and seek pastures new I suppose he gets what he deserves. If on he other hand a third party encouraged him to leave us and indicated he could get more else where they have done him no favours. 

There is not much money in Scottish football compared with English counterpart and it is difficult to believe he is on better money than he would be with us unless we thought he was not that good and offered him a pittance.

Aston Villa also have some blame in this situation in which they offered him a daft contract and then with drew offer (or it was conditional on them getting promoted) which turned his head. They then even when cash flow situation improved at club have not taken him on board which indicates had second thoughts.

To leave a club who are promoting youth and you had got into first team and done reasonably well is a strange one and I am sure lots will find it difficult to comprehend how this has come about. Clare may be one of them.

or perhaps he wasn't happy being here …..I honestly don't understand the flak the lad is getting . he honoured his contract and when that ended decided to move on . 

16 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Sorry but no one can try and sell Scotland’s beauty to me. Apart from bits of Edinburgh it’s a shiiithole

Literally the thought of living in Scotland has always frightened me 

Strange that you're living in fear at the thought of living in Scotland - who plans on forcing you to live up here? lol

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

or perhaps he wasn't happy being here …..I honestly don't understand the flak the lad is getting . he honoured his contract and when that ended decided to move on . 

If you do not sign for a club until September that indicates things have not gone to plan. I was not trying to dish out flak to him sorry if it came across this way.

I personally have no animosity against him but do have concerns advice some young guys are getting are not in the individuals best interest. I do not think it is just Wednesday have seen quite a few making choices which seem strange. young kids can be very impressionable and susceptible to flash talk.

Edinburgh’s nice, Glasgow’s a shizzhole, and the Scottish countryside is beautiful.

The same Scots who tell you how wonderful Scotland is live in England.

Battered fried Mars Bars, smoked sausage suppers, lorne sausage, tatty scones, fruit pudding, pan bread, haggis neeps n tatties, scotch pies and beans, Irn Bru, Loch Ness monster, Gregory’s Girl, pints o heavy, single, double, triple malts, and Alan Wells.

A quick guide to Scotland intentionally missing out Mary Queen of Scots being imprisoned in Sheffield’s castle. Clare will no doubt get blamed for that if he doesn’t turn in 10/10 performances every week.

Nowt else to add is there?

Oh yeah, plus Golf, Sean Connery, and porridge oats.

Edited by theowlsman

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Edinburgh’s nice, Glasgow’s a shizzhole, and the Scottish countryside is beautiful.

The same Scots who tell you how wonderful Scotland is live in England.

Battered fried Mars Bars, smoked sausage suppers, lorne sausage, tatty scones, fruit pudding, pan bread, haggis neeps n tatties, scotch pies and beans, Irn Bru, Loch Ness monster, Gregory’s Girl, pints o heavy, single, double, triple malts, and Alan Wells.

A quick guide to Scotland intentionally missing out Mary Queen of Scots being imprisoned in Sheffield’s castle. Clare will no doubt get blamed for that if he diesn’t turn in 10/10 performances every week.

Nowt else to add is there?

4fy3d1.jpg

• Haha 2