Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:44, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Strange decision to move to the SPL when he would have got games with Wednesday.

But, obviously Hearts are a big club up here, play in a nice part of the world, are currently sat top of the league, will compete for silverwear, and Clare could be part of this - making a name for himself and earning a bigger move in future.

It’s not quite Stenhousemuir!!

Well last year I was at Ochilview when who should trot out of the Tunnel for Steny but Jason Scotland. Now all the Hearts fans are asking who TF is Sean Clare lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I actually think this is a good move for him. He has a chance of being in the first team and also winning something. 

He will have better memories of playing at ibrox than scratching around in the championship on the bench.  

Yeah, the next Stevie May. Imagine that

1 hour ago, Watson said:

That was then, things change he may well have got over his homesickness. 

Given he has had little choice in the matter I think he would have faired better over the River in Dundee. It would have meant a little less money but you feel the love of the fans in Dundee. A little smaller pond but he'd be a bigger fish !

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Given he has had little choice in the matter I think he would have faired better over the River in Dundee. It would have meant a little less money but you feel the love of the fans in Dundee. A little smaller pond but he'd be a bigger fish !

He might have had plenty of choices for all we know.  

1 hour ago, Watson said:

That was then, things change he may well have got over his homesickness. 

Did Sean Clare himself say he was homesick at any point anyway?

Seems to be accepted as a fact, but I'm not sure what the origin of this was.

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Don't presume to talk for me, he had a few choices none of which were what you might say mouth watering. (by footballers standards I mean). Not big enough to swallow his pride and stay put !

Well if you are privy to his private dealings then I have to bow to your superior knowledge. 

Edited by Watson

Just now, Watson said:

Well if are privy to his private dealings then I have to bow to your superior knowledge. 

No don't do that, I am not quoting from first hand info. One rarely gets that. I get up to Scotland fairly often and pick up one or two snippets, lets just say I heard his agent earnt his corn on this one.

On 16/09/2018 at 13:54, Groundhopping Owl said:

Somebody ought to remind Clare and Hirst what happened to Oguchi Onyewu when he thought he was bigger and better than Wednesday.

Or Richard Wood, who thought it was a better career move to go to Coventry rather than being the Wednesday team captain. Look how that panned out. 

5 hours ago, Watson said:

Your previous post was nothing more than mere subjective opinion and to accuse someone of being a deluded liar on such flimsy evidence reflects poorly on you. Yes, I did watch some of the games and my statement is based on what I saw with my own eyes if we had signed him then I would have been pleased.  

I can't see why you so hurt about someone changing his mind about moving down south it's entirely possible that he has overcome his homesickness it happens all the time.  

Hahaha I’m not hurt in the slightest, to even suggest it is pure nonsense!! Based on what I’ve seen of him, he’s no loss and I just wish people would forget the clueless, deluded idiot and concentrate on the lads who have broke into the first team.

to suggest he’s over come his homesickness in 10 weeks is a rather silly comment...come on admit it!!