BREAKING NEWS - FERNANDO FORESTIERI BANNED

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

And this is before any action for his alleged racist comments...….

Just guess work on my part but could this have taken so long because the FA have been investigating the violence alongside the accusation of racism?

The footage of the fight has been on social media for ages and the FA could have acted ages ago but the racism accusation would be a lot harder to prove and may be the reason this has all been delayed?

As such it wouldn't surprise me if a statement was released in the coming days that no further action would be taken with regards to the accusation.

As I say, just guess work on my part.

End of hopefully, but no mention of the racism complaint made to the police, I would have thought the FA would have wrapped up the violent conduct and racism into 1 lengthy ban though. So hopefully the racism complaint is closed too. Hopefully we can all move on now.

These bans have not set a precedent so in the future when the same thing happens and its a premiership team involved or Leeds then exactly the same thing should happen.

But we all know that's not the way the FA and the football league works.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Absolute bull crap as usual from the FA. Being without imo our most talented player (even to come on from the bench) is a proper kick in the balls. Also why have we been fined 20k but Mansfield only 3k!?! 

Forestieri admitted it mate

Fine will be according to earnings

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Had they just been sent off in the game, then by FA rules on red cards in preseason they wouldn't have been banned for competitive matches....

That's not necessarily the case. You can still be banned for violent conduct from preseason games if you receive a red card.

The rule was brought in to stop people missing competitive matches from picking up red cards for things like two bookings or handball on the line etc.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

As for Fessi he has barely played in the last 3 games so really should have no excuses from the manager.

You won’t find many better game-changing subs. What an impact he can have, eg Ipswich.

We are back to having four forwards for a while:-

Nuhiu

Joao

Matias

Fletcher

Thats good - two fast wide players and two big target men, but it was great having FF in addition.

Perhaps Hooper or Winnall will see the bench sooner than expected. 

Nice to see the FA taking violence seriously.

I look forward to finding out that Hayden White and Krystian Pearce have been banned for 3 matches for their windy miller impressions.

I wait with baited breath for when they announce that Neal Bishop who shoved Forestieri in the face and then threw the ball in his face as well as aiming a swing at Dawson has been banned for 6 games.

And I'm sure they have merely forgotten to mention that they aim to give  Mellis the correcrt punishment  for the shove, punch, the snide sideswipe at Nuhiu and karate kick in Lee's bolllocks..

haven't they?

Edited by Lord Snooty

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fernando Forestieri and Jacob Mellis banned 3 matches retrospectively (six weeks after match) for a melee in a preseason friendly.

Had they just been sent off in the game, then by FA rules on red cards in preseason they wouldn't have been banned for competitive matches....

Seems a very bizarre ruling, needs looking at.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

You won’t find many better game-changing subs. What an impact he can have, eg Ipswich.

We are back to having four forwards for a while:-

Nuhiu

Joao

Matias

Fletcher

Thats good - two fast wide players and two big target men, but it was great having FF in addition.

Perhaps Hooper or Winnall will see the bench sooner than expected. 

For me should play every game in an attacking midfield /deem No10 role playing the free role he is the extra attacker but also the creater of chance.

Instead of late we seem to keep him on the bench. The pressure will be on the other strikers as Fessi is not their to create the chance at the end of the game to win it.

8 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

That's not necessarily the case. You can still be banned for violent conduct from preseason games if you receive a red card.

The rule was brought in to stop people missing competitive matches from picking up red cards for things like two bookings or handball on the line etc.

Nope, the rule was changed after Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney missed three Premier League games ... for violent conduct in a preseason friendly.