BREAKING NEWS - FERNANDO FORESTIERI BANNED

36 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Could've been less too.

Fessi's been fined £25k whereas Mellis has been fined £1.5k despite clear images of him aiming a flying kick into Tom Lees stomach.

Also it is like the FA have purposely delayed a decision until we start what is seen as a tough run of games.

25 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't see how we've been hard done too here. If you fight someone you're going to get in trouble. Same for both sides with a relative fine. 

I think we have...find the fines totally disproportionate. Mellis should have been fined a hell of a lot more for his involvement with it all with the Foretieri reaction, Lees kick and kicking bottle in to the crowd

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Irrelevant to us yes - 100%

I don't care one bit whether Jacob Mellis plays the next three games or not - it's irrelevant to me

Same as the financial fine - don't care

Neither of those affect us one jot

Just worrying/complaining over whether david got told off by the teacher for fighting in the playground too seems a bit irrelevant to me 

Since both teams were involved in the incident i'd say the punishment they receive is relevant to us. 

I can understand the fine being proportionate to their wages.  But Jacob Mellis karate kicked a fellow professional footballer, and the video evidence suggests it was unprovoked because he came flying in from nowhere. 

The guy has previous as well. 

He should be banned for longer.  

I notice Mansfield were involved in aggro the other night also ................Lincoln away in cup.........................................................................

An ill-tempered match, not helped by referee Ross Joyce, boiled over in added time when Imps substitute O’Connor was shown a straight card following a melee involving players from both sides.

That ill-feeling continued after the final whistle, with both coaching teams having to be separated.

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I can understand the fine being proportionate to their wages.  But Jacob Mellis karate kicked a fellow professional footballer, and the video evidence suggests it was unprovoked because he came flying in from nowhere. 

The guy has previous as well. 

He should be banned for longer.  

I don't know about that as I don't have all the information to hand and haven't heard any player accounts like the FA have

All I'm bothered about really is Forestieri admitted it, we've got fined, and he's got banned

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't know about that as I don't have all the information to hand and haven't heard any player accounts like the FA have

All I'm bothered about really is Forestieri admitted it, we've got fined, and he's got banned

That's fine, and i understand your position. Doesn't mean we can't talk about it. 

JUST LET US MOAN FOR A BIT NEIL, WE NEED THIS :biggrin:

Not over for Mansfield. They played Lincoln city on Tuesday night and guess what .

However, City were made to pay for not making the most of that when Walker blasted Mansfield into the lead with his first touch – a stunning finish after latching onto Butcher’s flick-on.

O’Connor saw red in added time after appearing to raise his arm amid a bust-up between players from both sides.

That ill-feeling continued after the final whistle, with stewards required to separate both sets of players and coaching teams.  :picnic:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

If Tom lees called Jacob a certain word after getting kicked and punched you could guarantee that  he would've been banned for 10 games . Crazy world we live in. 

What do you mean by this?

For a second there I thought you were implying that if a black man uses physical violence against someone, the victim of said violence should be allowed to use racism against him without punishment...

But no one is stupid enough to think that, right?

1 minute ago, Ian Fleming said:

It says in Mansfields local rag that FF is still under investigation for racist comments. 

He should go around and kick them in the bolllocks.

After all he'd face no further sanctions or  punishments if we go by  FA precedents.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CraigSGM said:

What do you mean by this?

For a second there I thought you were implying that if a black man uses physical violence against someone, the victim of said violence should be allowed to use racism against him without punishment...

But no one is stupid enough to think that, right?

You just answered your own question .